Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

If I recall correctly, East Midlands today reported that Harry would not play against Atalanta after all parties concerned (Leicester, Man Utd and Harry and his agent) agreed it was in no one's interest.

I read that as why risk injury, not state of mind, just my take.

Personally I think we should take £80 million lump, PLUS £10 million add-on's.

• Like 1

He’s just going for money basically. Not that I blame him. Let’s not all pretend we wouldn’t take a massive pay rise.

Man Utd are a big club steeped in history but is Maguire going to achieve much more with them than he would with us at this point? There not in the UCL and I can’t see them qualifying next year either. He would do well to sit tight for a year and see if Man City come in for him next year.

19 minutes ago, January47 said:

not just because of a pride thing over a bigger club taking our player but I’ve never thought hes good in the air. He’s great at winning the long balls from the keeper but crosses and corners he never wins the ball. He doesn’t have that defensive instinct. It’s Evans who dominates for us in that area. The Man Utd probably think we,re just saying but(after his first couple of games where Puel had our full back forty yards forward) Evans was by far our better centre half.

I'll take issue with that.

His positioning isn't quite as consistent it could be, but he is great in the air. I think he was top of the aeriel duels last season.

If he wants to go then let him go. I’m not bothered that he wants to go as much as I’m disappointed that he wants to go to United so badly. He’s not doing this for footballing reasons. They’re not much better than us if at all. He’s going because he wants the money. I can’t respect that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joefox said:

He’s just going for money basically. Not that I blame him. Let’s not all pretend we wouldn’t take a massive pay rise.

Man Utd are a big club steeped in history but is Maguire going to achieve much more with them than he would with us at this point? There not in the UCL and I can’t see them qualifying next year either. He would do well to sit tight for a year and see if Man City come in for him next year.

Dont compare footballers to every day working life ?

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I'll take issue with that.

His positioning isn't quite as consistent it could be, but he is great in the air. I think he was top of the aeriel duels last season.

I don't think there are many better at winning aerial duels in defensive positions, but offensively I think he somehow lacks the same prowess

2 hours ago, McGuire said:

Modern football doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

Harry and his agent will have already held many talks with the board/manager/owners. He will have made it extremely clear that he wants the move. You just don't keep unhappy players at football clubs these days - especially when you can make 90m quid out of it.

It's the circle of life. The huge fish eat the big fish. The big fish eat the small fish. The small fish eat the tiny fish.

When we went in for Rodgers, he was never turning us down because Leicester is a step up from Celtic in modern football.

‘Step up from Celtic’ ?? Not according to Chris Sutton MBE

• Haha 1

At the risk of being boring can I just quote from Percy's article for those who haven't seen it:  "United are yet to up their offer from £70 million plus add-ons,which was tabled last month and are facing an anxious final week of the transfer window as they attempt to land the 26 year old. They remain at least £15 million short of Leicester's valuation."

• Like 1

If it is correct that MUFC have put a deadline of Monday that just shows that either they just want to be seen to be driving this to appease their fans or they are sh*t scared that Citeh will make good on their claim of matching whatever they bid.  I would just p*ss myself laughing if the blue mancs did that over the weekend and HM told utd that it was MCFC that he wanted all along and thanks for helping to get it done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

At the risk of being boring can I just quote from Percy's article for those who haven't seen it:  "United are yet to up their offer from £70 million plus add-ons,which was tabled last month and are facing an anxious final week of the transfer window as they attempt to land the 26 year old. They remain at least £15 million short of Leicester's valuation."

Pssssh with your facts. 

PANIC STATIONS!!! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Yeah I get that bit but what I do not understand is why HM would be left out of the squad if there has actually been no change from when he played in the last one. Maybe the deadline that they are talking about is actually ours and we are expecting an increased bid over the weekend? 

So he's 'not in the right frame of mind' to play tomorrow, but he's expected to train on Saturday, he's played in the other pre-season games while the speculation raged on regardless, and the two clubs are still far apart in the negotiations. Something doesn't quite add up. I'm expecting him to be a Man United player before Monday.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

I don't think there are many better at winning aerial duels in defensive positions, but offensively I think he somehow lacks the same prowess

But he is the king of the knock-downs at the back post, if my memory is not deceiving me. I do think he should score/assist more, but defences know what's coming with him, and just throw anything they can land at him.

I'd say he, like Huth before him, was one of the most fouled players at set plays. Perfect for VAR really.

£78+10 would do it for me, in terms of value this is peak Harry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I remember some City fans being delighted with the £11m for Heskey, shame we spent the lot on absolute dirt.

Not me. I was a young teen and one of my childhood heroes went. It was not a happy moment. 

• Like 1