Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Background noise rising again .... I expect Man City will play their usual game of unsettling the player and then having him force through the move

maguire has to weight up whether he can finish the season in their line up and keep his England place .... its far from being a given - he knows it is here and his place seems secure if he is our CB

7 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If we get 80m that is silly money 

It could be potentially up to £80m, but after a certain amount of performances etc and how he does?

• Like 1

If we did get £80mill for Maguire, then firstly it's a massive pat on the back for the scouting department for picking him up for £16mill. 

Secondly its a great piece of business, he is a great player, but not £80mill. He may well develop to be one like with Van Dijk. But it represents a great piece of business.

It would free up funds for signing YT and upgrading in other areas. 

• Like 3

I'd hull get 15% then we're getting £68 mill, which is probably about right in this market. Hope we hold out for 90, then we really will have done well. 

Still be happy if he just stayed too!

• Like 1

80m sounds a lot but I expect it will be 80m inc add ons ....the issue for us would be buying a replacement as clubs will say that we had Man City’s pants down so they want a chunk of that! 

Id still rather keep Harry ..... chilly and madders will look at this and think to themselves that they will get their move next summer - we can’t get to where we want to be by selling a star performer every summer ...........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

80m sounds a lot but I expect it will be 80m inc add ons ....the issue for us would be buying a replacement as clubs will say that we had Man City’s pants down so they want a chunk of that! 

Id still rather keep Harry ..... chilly and madders will look at this and think to themselves that they will get their move next summer - we can’t get to where we want to be by selling a star performer every summer ...........

Alternatively. The next young player will look and see this as a move they can make without fear of being stuck here for 4-5 years. Swings and roundabouts.

• Like 3

Also, the correct comparison with VVD is his market value now not what Liverpool paid for him when he had hardly kicked a ball for Southampton  for months. He would cost £150m+ now which makes £80m+ for Harry seem far more reasonable.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Alternatively. The next young player will look and see this as a move they can make without fear of being stuck here for 4-5 years. Swings and roundabouts.

Or YT will look at it and think to himself that maybe he is better served by going to a club where they don’t sell their best players if he wants to win trophies ........

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes  - however, I think maguire should be cash £90m min. Liverpool got 140m for Coutinho ........ no one goes on about how unreasonable that was .....it’s just forgotten 

Yeah but that's the mighty massive club that Liverpool are, they can demand massive fees, Leicester City are just cannon fodder and such clubs just shouldn't be allowed to demand such fees....

I'd be happy with £80 - £90m, any less and i'd be very disappointed, no he's not worth that but I said my piece the other day, however if we let him or another one of our players go I am concerned what that says to the rest of our team and our ambitions towards attracting other players.

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Or YT will look at it and think to himself that maybe he is better served by going to a club where they don’t sell their best players if he wants to win trophies ........

Would like to think footballers understand how this all works, even big clubs sell their talents on occasion....

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Being a pragmatist, maybe we can if every summer we replace them with a Ricardo and Maddison? A bit like managing a woodland. But not if they are replaced with a Nacho and a Ghezzal. It’s a risky strategy. Maybe that’s the lot of teams outside the mega bank-rolled elite ?? ?‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, TrentFox said:

Being a pragmatist, maybe we can if every summer we replace them with a Ricardo and Maddison? A bit like managing a woodland. But not if they are replaced with a Nacho and a Ghezzal. It’s a risky strategy. Maybe that’s the lot of teams outside the mega bank-rolled elite ?? ?‍♂️

You can’t rely on making good calls on incoming players and we need quality depth in the squad so we can compete for top six and put out decent line ups around cup ties .....