Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I love how the media spout all the crap about how Harry is about to join this club or that club then go on to say our valuation hasn't been met. He's either about to sign or they don't want to pay, can't be both. 

The simple truth is that they know no more than we do but they have to fill column inches, and can then claim that they were ITK all along if a deal does get done.

Like every other deal, it will get done if the two clubs agree a price and the player wants to go and agrees personal terms with the buying club.  All of this will be done behind closed doors and everything else is pure speculation.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu will be sound here, especially given Maguire makes a number of gaffs per season anyway, it won't be a huge shock to the system if we replace him with another defender who is excellent on the ball but every so often has a howler. I do agree we might need to bring in one more as cover but not so sure they need to be of Maguire standard just yet. I'd be willing to give him, Benkovic and possibly Knight/Pascanu the chance. I think we need 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker to put us in with a sniff of the top 6 year on year. We currently have the 2nd best right back in the league, a hugely talented left back and one of the most underrated but experienced CB's in Evans and likewise a very respected goalkeeper.

A solid pro of the Evans mould be be fine, or a younger Wes... I just feel like the scales have probably tipped too far for Wes now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu will be sound here, especially given Maguire makes a number of gaffs per season anyway, it won't be a huge shock to the system if we replace him with another defender who is excellent on the ball but every so often has a howler. I do agree we might need to bring in one more as cover but not so sure they need to be of Maguire standard just yet. I'd be willing to give him, Benkovic and possibly Knight/Pascanu the chance. I think we need 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and a striker to put us in with a sniff of the top 6 year on year. We currently have the 2nd best right back in the league, a hugely talented left back and one of the most underrated but experienced CB's in Evans and likewise a very respected goalkeeper.

thats what I dont get with some, they are already dismissing Soyuncu, hes not even started 10 games for us tbh, and im sure the same ones said the same about Vardy too tbh, 

for me hes got all the same attributes as Maguire, maybe a little raw but so what HM when he first played in the prem, and those mistakes etc get ironed out the more you play and understand/get used to the league.

as you stated we have other positions that need investment compared to replacing HM

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A solid pro of the Evans mould be be fine, or a younger Wes... I just feel like the scales have probably tipped too far for Wes now.

Morgan had probably his best season last year for us for 2-3 seasons. It's just been a huge intention of our fan base to see him replaced as we had other younger defenders waiting in the wings. I'm not so sure he has declined like some have claimed, out of the 3 main CB's last season it was Maguire who performed worse than expected. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on him to be first choice for 30+ games with Evans next year but he is the perfect 3/4th choice defender and gets the job done.

Soyuncu has to be given the chance, he was highly coveted by quite a lot of big clubs and we managed to get him. I think there's the ingredients to be a superb player, also a cult hero. He is every bit as good on the ball as the rest of our defenders so it fits in with Rodgers style seamlessly.

Maybe we could pick up an out of favour CB on loan like Chambers, Bailly, Rojo or take a punt on Mawson, Gibson etc that they'll overcome their injuries as they were every bit as promising as Maguire a few years ago.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hope we're smart enough to have a Tielemans deal finalised before this is finalised do both deals in tandem. 

If we sell Maguire in isolation whilst still agreeing terms with Monaco, the price for Tielemans will go up 10m on the spot. 

I must admit i'm perplexed this transfer window, we supposedly have had our targets set in place before Macia left. A lot has been reported how Tielemans is the priority and once that's resolved we'll move on to other positions and targets. But why wait and risk missing out on these players elsewhere or potentially have the price driven up as more money floods the market and certain clubs (us) as the transfer window nears closing. I think this all points to the fact we do need the money from the sale of Maguire, which is fine but the difficulty in showing your hand is we'll be done over. It's a sure thing that Maguire would have enough serious interest to move him on, so we ought to have secured our incomings before selling, like we did with Mahrez last summer. It just all feels a bit odd this summer, i'm hopefully going to be proven wrong in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

As someone wise said elsewhere, the transfer window is a game of toppling dominoes. Everyone waits for the crucial one to tip over, then it goes from there. One can only presume that the big domino is yet to fall... 

Think it will be when Wan Bissaka goes for about £60 Million..

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

I love how the media spout all the crap about how Harry is about to join this club or that club then go on to say our valuation hasn't been met. He's either about to sign or they don't want to pay, can't be both. 

“We’d like to sign Harry- name your price”

”we want to keep him , it would take a silly offer to release him from a 5 year contract, say £80-£90 million “

”ok £40 million it is - medical arrangements to follow”

”errrr”

”come on be serious he’s not worth that”

”not worth as much as the fee agreed for Wan good season to date Bissaka”?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

The most expensive possibly wanted yes.  If every CB in the world was up for sale, there would be others going for more money.

He is a proven defender in the top league in the world and his primary language is english, on top of that he is a ball playing defender which is an attribute the top managers go for.

So I see 80-90 million on the high side of the expected value.

Silly money would be be 120 mill plus.

I think you need to get into the current world, inflation in football is pretty high, and even championship players are going for not much less than 30 million.

In 10 years time average players will be sold for 100 million, stars 300 million and silly money will be half a billion.

How's that going to help or justify the price tag?  

He's as much worth that price as DD was worth 35M. I wouldn't mind seeing him sold for that price, mind you, if the club thinks that we're covered and if another one is silly enough to buy him for that price, but 80M would still be outright daylight robbery, even by the actual PL standards.

Has an actual bid come in for him or is this just still enhanced paper gossip making claims to apply pressure and report on something as the transfer window is stagnant?

Im not saying he definitely won’t go but it’s gonna take a little more than The Star or The Mirror to convince me that it’s inevitable. Afterall Man City don’t pay above circa £60 million for any player!

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Has an actual bid come in for him or is this just still enhanced paper gossip making claims to apply pressure and report on something as the transfer window is stagnant?

Im not saying he definitely won’t go but it’s gonna take a little more than The Star or The Mirror to convince me that it’s inevitable. Afterall Man City don’t pay above circa £60 million for any player!

Its the latter point in bold I reckon. No major tournament this year so expect more of this shi te for the next 6 weeks or so.

Probably for the best that the premier league buying transfer window closes just before the season starts as opposed to the end of August.