Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No actual bid yet apparently so the talk of a contract offer is rubbish as that would be breaking the transfer law you can’t offer a contract untill a bid has been accepted 

lol what world do you live in?

Edited by Stevosevic

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Fair enough, that’s 500 words worth of column inches from Tanner to say he doesn’t know either and he may or may not be a LCFC player come the start of the season but will go if Top’s asking price of silly money is met.

I actually feel sorry for Rob and the pressure on him to write things when there simply is no news.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No actual bid yet apparently so the talk of a contract offer is rubbish as that would be breaking the transfer law you can’t offer a contract untill a bid has been accepted 

Open your eyes. Contact goes on all the time... this is roughly what we would offer should a bid be accepted. Deary me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Open your eyes. Contact goes on all the time... this is roughly what we would offer should a bid be accepted. Deary me. 

Always assumed contact with agents was almost non stop. Contact with player directly is naughty, but with their agent is fair game I guess?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always assumed contact with agents was almost non stop. Contact with player directly is naughty, but with their agent is fair game I guess?

Contact with the agent is basically contact with the player  

Agent tells player what club would pay, player says Yes, agent tells club. 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Yep - that’s about right .... we have done it plenty of times so cannot complain when someone does it to us .... in other news, water wet and ice is cold .....

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think Soyuncu ever got enough of a chance last year. He's a bit rusty but he's clearly quite good as well. As stated he's quicker for sure and he's demonstrated he's got ability on the ball.

His big decision making each game he started was a worry on at least one occasion with a poor pass across his defensive line .... he will learn of course but I guess we will probably suffer a few times as he does so 

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think Soyuncu ever got enough of a chance last year. He's a bit rusty but he's clearly quite good as well. As stated he's quicker for sure and he's demonstrated he's got ability on the ball.

He can be a bit rash too but that will improve. He was probably just keen to take the limited chances he got.

I really don't understand why he wasn't given more game time in the final few matches last season.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

His big decision making each game he started was a worry on at least one occasion with a poor pass across his defensive line .... he will learn of course but I guess we will probably suffer a few times as he does so 

so basically Maguire when he first came into the prem then(and still does know, like most players then).....the more he plays the more he learns, the less likely he is to do said mistakes

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In reality was he decision making any worse than say Wes’s or Demari’s or even Kasper’s on the odd occasion?  Probably not?  He will learn under BR and Kolo. He needs to play.

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Soyunchu, walking red card and very much hit/miss

Benkovic, jury is out and is injury prone

Disagree with your assessment of Soyuncu and more importantly Rodgers belives Benkovic is ready for the EPL.

He also lavished praise on Soyuncu after his last game.

Soyunchu and Benkovic were purchased as prospects and cover if we eventually lose one of the others (leaves, injured, retired whatever). however, dependent upon how the deal was sold to them eventually they will want game time or start looking to leave themselves. Either they are good enough or not only time will tell. You cannot be "one for the future " forever. Whether Harry stays or goes, we need to give these guys a proper chance at some point or we could lose them all.

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

37 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

See Steve post. Pretty much bang on. 

It happens and we do it too... just the footballing world unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No club is going to waste their time making offers for players without some indication from the player/agent that they might at least be interested and not simply reject any offer out of hand.  It is not just the fee, there is wages/agents fees and existing salary structures etc to consider in the total cost of any deal and you would not bother making offers if the players demands were likely to be a deal breaker either.

Potentially 140million for Maguire and Wan-Bissaka really sums up the crazy nature of today’s market. Glad we’re keeping a strong stance on this though, we don’t need to sell and players want to play for this club. 

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

thats right. all the clubs obey the rules at all times...

• Haha 1

With Benkovic injured, Soyuncu untried for a sustained period, Wes another year older and Arsenal now after Dunk, if things really do against us, selling Maguire could be disastrous.

If he does go, which is looking likelier by the day, I just hope Soyuncu can step up and/or we can get a top class replacement in. I'd like to see one of the academy boys make some match-day squads as well, like Johnson, Pascanu, Knight, Moore or Hughes.

18 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

With Benkovic injured, Soyuncu untried for a sustained period, Wes another year older and Arsenal now after Dunk, if things really do against us, selling Maguire could be disastrous.

If he does go, which is looking likelier by the day, I just hope Soyuncu can step up and/or we can get a top class replacement in. I'd like to see one of the academy boys make some match-day squads as well, like Johnson, Pascanu, Knight, Moore or Hughes.

We have more than enough cover at CB. £80m is a take it fast amount. Thanks Harry and I'm sure you'll get more minutes at Mancs than Mahrez next season.

30 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I wonder what we'll do about Amartey. I can't see Rodgers ever liking him as a right back, especially if James Justin comes in, and he's definitely not a midfielder considering even Ndidi is struggling with the pressure in possession of being the sole dm. If he has any future at the club it will be at cb in my opinion. Would atleast give us another option. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I wonder what we'll do about Amartey. I can't see Rodgers ever liking him as a right back, especially if James Justin comes in, and he's definitely not a midfielder considering even Ndidi is struggling with the pressure in possession of being the sole dm. If he has any future at the club it will be at cb in my opinion. Would atleast give us another option. 

Amartey is better on the ball than N’Didi, although under Rodgers Wilf has improved greatly 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

In fairness 99% of the Man City fans on the replies and on BlueMoon reckon they’d never offer him that a week.

They would. They just wouldn't put it on the books.