Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

What was the first single you bought?

On 23/03/2019 at 08:30, Izzy said:

This might have been done before but just curious as to what was the first single you purchased? (or 'downloaded' if you're a young 'un)

Mine was this. Totally shite song and no idea what possessed me back then :blink:

Yes but at least you were aware that they had "Marco, Merrick, Terry-Lee...and Gary Tibbs" (who if I remember correctly as a former member of Roxy Music replaced Kevin Mooney). 

• Like 1

The Beatles- Eleanor Rigby/Yellow Submarine but it was a reissue..

First new release was Captain Sensible Glad it's all over/Damned on 45

Edited by the_tank
Predictive text
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The 1st record i actually paid for, our of pocket money was..............The guy on the keyboard for me was my GOD .. (My Iborra / eye candy of the 80's) such a hottie .. 

Edit... i just listened/watched it again ... damn how time have changed lol

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

I remember buying Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison for my mum for her birthday when I was 10 years old. Apart from that I don’t recall buying singles, as I went straight to albums. Didn’t really have the money anyway.

Instead of singles I had an old reel to reel tape recorder that I used to tape Top of the Pops using a microphone 😂. Later graduated to a direct signal feed but don’t remember the details. I seem to remember taping Cream’s farewell concert using this old machine. Eventually the drive motor burnt out, so my Dad rewound the coils for me. It worked, but was somewhat slower so all my old recordings were in a lower pitch lol