Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

What was the first single you bought?

This might have been done before but just curious as to what was the first single you purchased? (or 'downloaded' if you're a young 'un)

Mine was this. Totally shite song and no idea what possessed me back then :blink:

• Like 3

Singles were great, so many great singles not too many great albums.  But now my albums collection is much bigger than my singles collection, probably an age thing.

It's frustrating that I don't remember my first single.  I remember buying bundles of singles...I think it was 10 for a £1...I remember some of the singles from that period.  R.E.M - The one I love springs to mind....the ones I remember buying weren't until the early 90's on cd single and cassette...some of which I still have.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:30, Izzy said:

This might have been done before but just curious as to what was the first single you purchased? (or 'downloaded' if you're a young 'un)

Mine was this. Totally shite song and no idea what possessed me back then :blink:

"Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee. Gary Tibbs and yours truly."

Came with an advent calendar on the front if I remember?

Mine was this

• Like 2

Hard to tell. I bought two at the same time, no idea which one I picked up first, so it's either I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder, which is a truly awful song from someone who is a legend, or Like To Get To Know You Well by Howard Jones, which again, wasn't his best effort.

• Like 1

Started getting into music about 1969/1970 & I would love to be cool & say my first single I bought was Get Back or All Right Now or even In the Summertime.

But I would be lying.

The first single I bought was Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris.

There, I've said it. I will understand if I am banned forthwith from Foxestalk.

• Haha 4