Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

14 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

BBC News - Coronavirus: Leicester City training ground construction 'not safe'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-52559024

I've heard this is the case for several construction sites around the country. People literally can't afford to stop working so they'll go in to work perhaps expecting the social distancing to be in place but it's physically impossible on a construction site.

Using this as an example gets the headlines though as opposed to your standard 'normal' housing development site or building site.

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've heard this is the case for several construction sites around the country. People literally can't afford to stop working so they'll go in to work perhaps expecting the social distancing to be in place but it's physically impossible on a construction site.

Using this as an example gets the headlines though as opposed to your standard 'normal' housing development site or building site.

I don’t understand why workers on a site aren’t told they HAVE to wear masks and that if they don’t observe distancing when having a fag then they won’t be allowed a fag break apart from lunchtimes.  As I’ve said before, I’ve had temps unloading containers and no matter how many times I tell them to put their masks on and keeps distancing, they simply don’t seem to care. But they’re temps and they will be somewhere else the next day 

1 minute ago, nnickn said:

the bbc  headline is misleading,  no wonder more and more people do not pay the license, no better than the poorest clickbait

They'll happily watch their favourite BBC programs though and not be moaning then... 

2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

....just reading that, you can understand why you would find idiots turning up at the stadium with games behind locked doors as people do not think they will be affected by the virus!!!!

It is quite simple, I protect you and you protect me, just follow the advice regarding distancing. You can understand that the need to complete the work on time and the need to work on this particular project is lucrative and anyone voicing dissatisfaction with the implementation of the medically advised rules would not be welcomed and would need someone incredibly brave to speak out.

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

They articles a crock of shit really . The so called person they spoke to blamed the company for social distancing not being in place  but in the same article states bosses are shouting stay two metre apart and there is a one way system to help with social distancing. Then goes on to say employees are ignoring the one ways system and huddling  together to have a fag In the fag shelters . Sorry that  sounds like the employees not giving a stuff not the employers. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I drive past the construction site near m1 junct23 every day and there are builders aplenty there every morning not complying so this isn’t exclusive to lcfc or seagrave. It’s life

...yeah!!.......what will it take......just, what will have to happen... for people to wake up and realise, that this is not something which happens to other people but a time bomb, ready to explode, just as you are busy enjoying your life...making plans for tomorrow!!!

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t understand why workers on a site aren’t told they HAVE to wear masks and that if they don’t observe distancing when having a fag then they won’t be allowed a fag break apart from lunchtimes.  As I’ve said before, I’ve had temps unloading containers and no matter how many times I tell them to put their masks on and keeps distancing, they simply don’t seem to care. But they’re temps and they will be somewhere else the next day 

Somewhere else spreading it further. But you let them continue.

No explain the rules give them masks. If they dont follow the rules send them home.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You can't work with people on a site for 8 hours a day and stay 2 metres apart all that time. It's human nature, we're not robots. 

Dead right, Myself I've been working 12 hour shifts in food and it's impossible work and communicate and stay 2m apart . We have measures in place and we all try our best.  But people have to face facts that it has been and will be about reducing contact of the general population, we can't stop it all together. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Hi any idea who will be allowed on the 9 hole course at Seagrave.Obviously myself and Frank but who else

Probably just players and staff surely. I can't imagine they'll allow anyone on to use it

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Probably just players and staff surely. I can't imagine they'll allow anyone on to use it

Especially as it'll be on private land.

You're probably correct.

The players could use it to bond and wind down after training sessions etc.

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

They'll happily watch their favourite BBC programs though and not be moaning then... 

I'm trying to think of anything they make these days that I watch, MoTD I can do without, not much else there TBH

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

So whats the point in announcing its nearly ready if its private for players to BOND??

The smell of the chicken sheds will be starting soon that will send them home

Given the downturn in club finances, who is to say that they won’t offer some ‘exclusive’ memberships at extortionate annual fees ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

So whats the point in announcing its nearly ready if its private for players to BOND??

The smell of the chicken sheds will be starting soon that will send them home

The Poultry sheds are a long way away, does the smell drift that far ?

23 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I drive past the construction site near m1 junct23 every day and there are builders aplenty there every morning not complying so this isn’t exclusive to lcfc or seagrave. It’s life

yup everyone's at it. 

14 hours ago, mad biker said:

The Poultry sheds are a long way away, does the smell drift that far ?

When they move the shit. You can smell it in Goscote. The players will love that lol

Edited by Bayfox
  • Haha 1