Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StevieB

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates

Very good .The smell is horrendous when the wind is in the right direction they will  be off the pitch and straight home.Masterstroke selling it in the winter!!

Re the course the holes that are left in play are all the worst holes not a very attractive place to play much better course all available.

On 08/05/2020 at 19:04, dynamark said:

So whats the point in announcing its nearly ready if its private for players to BOND??

The smell of the chicken sheds will be starting soon that will send them home

Chicken sheds? Assume there's a large poultry farm nearby with a smell issue?

Miguel a man after my own heart.There are huge chicken operations south and west sort of across the valley(planning permission for agricultural buildings is simple)big set ups and the smell lingers on the west of the site its horrid.

The little darlings will be in their range rovers and away rapid.

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

- Who can use the golf course?

- Think the players and staff, probably.

- Fine didn't want to use it anyway **** them and anyway the chicken sheds will soon ripen the place up and all the holes are shit anyway don't even care 

28EF2609-973A-4926-883A-5AA376FABC0E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Miguel a man after my own heart.There are huge chicken operations south and west sort of across the valley(planning permission for agricultural buildings is simple)big set ups and the smell lingers on the west of the site its horrid.

The little darlings will be in their range rovers and away rapid.

If you're west of the A6, say Quorn, would you smell them? Not training ground or golf related, I'm house hunting.

No chance wind generally SW. To be fair I think its an egg production but they also produce other things from their bodies..Combination of geography landscape  wind it just hangs about to the west which is 5 of the golf holes that are left in play I think.

Quorn will cost you mate but nice area

• Thanks 1

Unlikely to be as far west as Quorn, looking at north west to south west Leicestershire but looked a bit Quorn ish but I'll be safe from the smell if we did venture that way. Definitely not playing golf, although nothing else to do right now. Cheers 👍

Edited by FoyleFox

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Unlikely to be as far west as Quorn, looking at north west to south west Leicestershire but looked a bit Quorn ish but I'll be safe from the smell if we did venture that way. Definitely not playing golf, although nothing else to do right now. Cheers 👍

Hahaha, I live in Quorn and we’re all good here.

On the training ground, I’ve heard that McLaren have got stuff badly wrong. Programmes a long way behind and over budget. I’ve walked past a few times during lockdown though and they’ve always been active on there. 

'Quorn' is totally veggie isn't it so you should be all right .

Programme I assume they would have wanted to be ready for end of July to hit pre season next year so they may have a bit of room due to force majeure.Im sure that will be in the contracts somewhere

22 hours ago, SmuelMartin said:

Hahaha, I live in Quorn and we’re all good here.

On the training ground, I’ve heard that McLaren have got stuff badly wrong. Programmes a long way behind and over budget. I’ve walked past a few times during lockdown though and they’ve always been active on there. 

A few months back they clad the whole of the inside of the main show pitch and building in the wrong material and had to replace at own cost as they took the project on a fixed tender.

The error meant the building wouldn't have met the fire regulations had it not been replaced.

I was told tha they are still on schedule tho. Although that was a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

A few months back they clad the whole of the inside of the main show pitch and building in the wrong material and had to replace at own cost as they took the project on a fixed tender.

The error meant the building wouldn't have met the fire regulations had it not been replaced.

I was told tha they are still on schedule tho. Although that was a few weeks ago.

That seems like a huge balls up for such a big company? 

23 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Ah fair, I got told last week they were behind but the info may have been wrong! Actually, may just have been the hotel that is behind! 

Apparently a lot of the floor levels are all over the place too. 

1 hour ago, SmuelMartin said:

Ah fair, I got told last week they were behind but the info may have been wrong! Actually, may just have been the hotel that is behind! 

Apparently a lot of the floor levels are all over the place too. 

Like I say was a few weeks back. The wife hasn't done any site visits in 2 months as they have been advised not too. Might see if I can push her out the door and get her to go lol

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That seems like a huge balls up for such a big company? 

Yep. It was down to the fact they tried to save a few quid, as once it was over clad, no one would have know. But they got caught out, and they had to re clad to meet the fire regs or add additional fire exits and the club refused to allow it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Like I say was a few weeks back. The wife hasn't done any site visits in 2 months as they have been advised not too. Might see if I can push her out the door and get her to go lol

Hhaha yeah, I’ve been in talks about a site visit. 

Pleased to see Seagrave village already has a King Street, but is it time to rename some of the other local roads?

Big Lane to Big Wes Lane, Paudy Lane to Vardy Lane, Butcher to Wasileski ...nar just leave it as Butcher.

If the council won't do it, time to get the spray cans out lads.

• Haha 2

Heard that, for years, some local residents had expressed concerns about the chicken/related smell and complained to the council on numerous occasions.

But the council said, as the smell is coming from a busy farm produce business that sells millions of eggs a year to large-chain supermarkets and various small family businesses, it can't stop it to 'safeguard business activity'.

-

Brendan Rodgers had been approached by the club of his personal views on the training ground development, and he apparently was said to be ''chuffed and excited'' about using it and was consulted on its ongoing development since he first arrived at the club.

Edited by Wymsey

30 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard that, for years, some local residents had expressed concerns about the chicken/related smell and complained to the council on numerous occasions.

But the council said, as the smell is coming from a busy farm produce business that sells millions of eggs a year to large-chain supermarkets and various small family businesses, it can't stop it to 'safeguard business activity'.

-

Brendan Rodgers had been approached by the club of his personal views on the training ground development, and he apparently was said to be ''chuffed and excited'' about using it and was consulted on its ongoing development since he first arrived at the club.

I think that Puel also had some input into its design given his previous experience at Lille. 

Hopefully, Brendan won't get poached. 

• Haha 2

On 10 May 2020 at 12:14, FoyleFox said:

If you're west of the A6, say Quorn, would you smell them? Not training ground or golf related, I'm house hunting.

Sunrise eggs is the closest one to Seagrave, I'm in Sileby and about the same distance from the egg farm as that is the training ground, I've never had a problem with smell or flies, parts of sileby had a fly invasion about 15 years ago for a weekend due to chicken shite being stored on site if I remember correctly.

Never had it here, Quorn is too far away to have any problems, the other chicken places are in Waltham on the Wolds, on google maps, follow the road through Seagrave out to the crossroads that right takes you to Melton, left to barrow, straight over to Waltham and the big chicken place is before the village, never had problem with that either, you can't even smell it riding by.

Edited by promised land
  • Thanks 1