Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City linked with Swansea City starlet Dan James

Dan James vs Jarrod Bowen. Saturday. Looking forward to seeing them both in action. Take the private jet over for a look Brendan?

On 22/04/2019 at 16:24, pazzerfox said:

The boy is having a great game today.  I know he's only playing against Ipswich but he looks a class above!  Set the goal up with a thumping shot from outside the box and is full of confidence.

How did elder get on if you watched the game? Good enough to be back up to chilly next year?

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

I think Dan James is one of the best young prospects available and is our sort of player (Blest with pace to burn) No way this guy passes sideways or backwards as his normal game, Just picks the ball up and rans at the opposition. I think for £10-£15M is a no brainer. Also the young Hull forward Bowen is one we should be looking to buy as he seems to me way better Kelechi Iheanacho and for £15M IMO theses 2 would be a great start to the summer transfers.

I've yet to see Dan James actually dribble or take on defenders 1 V 1 in the box. A lot of kick and run where he shows his crazy speed.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to see him play a game. Interested to see how Potter has Swansea playing.

9 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I've yet to see Dan James actually dribble or take on defenders 1 V 1 in the box. A lot of kick and run where he shows his crazy speed.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to see him play a game. Interested to see how Potter has Swansea playing.

Bit of a Vardy then?

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

Bit of a Vardy then?

You know I never thought of it that way. If we can teach James to finish and press like Vardy then sign him up.

28 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You know I never thought of it that way. If we can teach James to finish and press like Vardy then sign him up.

Should be a good selling point to him, aswell - "Look what we did for Vardy, that we'd like to do for you - you just need to work hard and listen to what we teach..."

4 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Should be a good selling point to him, aswell - "Look what we did for Vardy, that we'd like to do for you - you just need to work hard and listen to what we teach..."

If only it were that easy:)

• 2 weeks later...

They've not faired well with Championship players over the years, let's hope he does better for them than Zaha. Far less established but he ought to actually get a chance now at Utd as they are muck out wide.

Weird signing for Man U to make. Won’t make an instant impact and if they play a kid like that in their current toxic environment I’m not sure it will benefit the player in any way. 

As Ric points out, Man U signed Zaha and it put him back years. He’s now shown why he’s so highly rated but only because of the consistent game time he got at Palace where he could have off games and develop in relative peace. 

• Like 1

Sensible in my opinion. Man Utd are currently a dead zone. No fire at all.

They need a two or three young uns with fire in their bellies.