Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City linked with Swansea City starlet Dan James

City have "expressed an interest" in Swansea City's Dan James, according to reports.

WalesOnline say the Foxes , along with Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and AFC Bournemouth, are interested in the Welsh international.

James has burst onto the scene in south Wales, netting three times in 30 games for Graeme Potter's side and setting up a further six goals.

The 21-year-old was the subject of an ill-fated £10million move to Championship promotion-chasers Leeds United on January 31.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-tottenham-hotspur-leicester-2718754

I'm pretty sure everyone in the league with any sense will be after him.

The pace is insane, and he's actually good with the ball.... Adama Traore with a brain is probably a good description. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Plausible that Leeds still buy him if they are promoted to be honest. I imagine he'd rather slot straight into a Bielsa team than compete for a spot in Leicester. I think we have a good chance though.

Unless Dem does something in the next 7 games he'd fit straight into our team at the minute if we're being honest! Competition with Albrighton of course but would mean great pace on both wings. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Didn't realise how quick he was... he takes the absolute piss out of players. 

Happy to take players on from either foot as well which is unusual, usually players can't get that explosive starting pace off their weaker foot so never try it. It's a massive asset and he could play on either side with Barnes.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine Musa would have got more than that. lol

That name sprung to my mind when I heard fast. Fast and with a discernable end product please.

49 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Better than Gray's one goal one assist when we signed him.

Hahaha Gray had a decent season in 2014/15 for Birmingham, even managed a hattrick.

James goals and assists have improved in 2019, I think the first part of the season there wasn't much end product.

5 hours ago, davieG said:

City have "expressed an interest" in Swansea City's Dan James, according to reports.

WalesOnline say the Foxes , along with Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and AFC Bournemouth, are interested in the Welsh international.

James has burst onto the scene in south Wales, netting three times in 30 games for Graeme Potter's side and setting up a further six goals.

The 21-year-old was the subject of an ill-fated £10million move to Championship promotion-chasers Leeds United on January 31.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-tottenham-hotspur-leicester-2718754

Yes please.

Lets buy all the kids and win everything.

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Plausible that Leeds still buy him if they are promoted to be honest. I imagine he'd rather slot straight into a Bielsa team than compete for a spot in Leicester. I think we have a good chance though.

It's widely believed that Leeds have missed the boat, he'd slipped reasonably under the radar until recently when his form has hit a bit of an upturn. He's extremely raw and only just starting to break through, this time last year he was struggling on loan.

He's a much, much better footballer than Musa, I get the cynicism from people who don't want to be bitten twice over a pacy forward but his dribbling and technical ability are excellent. To the extent that Pep is apparently a fan and Man City piped up as one of the first Prem clubs to be interested. 

He's likely to go for less than Leeds bid but to a bigger team as most of the Premier League have worked out that given Swansea can't afford to keep him and have annoyed him enough that he doesn't want to stay, he's going to be cheap as **** and people are thinking that - at very least - they'll be able to get a profit in a year or so if they buy him in.

I personally think he'd improve our first team squad, I don't see any reason he wouldn't be pushing Demarai Gray for a starting spot as things stand. He's going to be another David Brooks when he inevitably steps  up next year IMO.

Oh but Wales Online is not a credible source, you might as well quote Football Rumours. We've probably scouted him because I imagine everyone has but there's no reason to believe we actually are in the running significantly at this point.

Highlights (not just of him) of his debut in which he scored.

Edit: Actually kinda disappointing video, doesn't show much of his runs in the first half. He had Slovakia's defence terrified, easily best player in the first 45.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1