Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

27 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Geoffrey Boycott

Ex-England batsman on BBC Test Match Special

If you've bought a ticket for Sunday, I'd be thinking about a pub to go to for Sunday lunch.

Cheers, Geoff. 

Reminds me when I went to watch us at St Andrews in pre-season under Ranieri. 

We were in the pub and there was an Aussie there. They'd just been hammered across three days. He said he must circled Birmingham three times that day and his wife was sat there miserable as sin. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Reminds me when I went to watch us at St Andrews in pre-season under Ranieri. 

We were in the pub and there was an Aussie there. They'd just been hammered across three days. He said he must circled Birmingham three times that day and his wife was sat there miserable as sin. 

Ha. Think there were quite a few of us in that end who'd had Test tickets for that day. Handy alternative for those of us who'd booked hotels in Brum.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

They’re discussing this new Hundred competition on TMS.

Ugh. Sounds horrendous 

As far as I'm concerned, every single decision they've made about it at every stage has been the wrong call.

I've got a mate in his thirties who played in his first ever cricket match yesterday after being inspired to give it a go because he watched the World Cup final on Channel 4. One match on free to air and that kind of stuff is happening! This is so simple, and yet the ECB are going to royally fvck up yet another chance to hugely increase participation in a summer where cricket has taken centre stage because they want to pursue this stupid vanity project that absolutely no-one wants instead of doing really basic and simple stuff to get a cricket-starved public interested in the sport again.

• Like 2