Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

7 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It's hilarious watching the older generation almost get annoyed that we regard the Premier League and FA Cup winners as our best ever. 

Don't worry Humphrey, you can still reminisce about Banks and Shilton over a John Smiths in New Parks Social Club. We just happened to actually be successful with this lot. 

Here we go, the younger generation (?) generalising and patronising about the older supporters again. I started off in the 60s and we’ve had some great players in that time. I think the PL team is our best ever and I think only Muzzy would get into that team from our successful O’Neil era. Keith Weller was also a brilliant player who walk into almost any team.Just because you didn’t see them play, doesn’t diminish their talent. In Banks we had the best goalie in the world. I haven’t seen the original post which generated this response.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It's hilarious watching the older generation almost get annoyed that we regard the Premier League and FA Cup winners as our best ever. 

Don't worry Humphrey, you can still reminisce about Banks and Shilton over a John Smiths in New Parks Social Club. We just happened to actually be successful with this lot. 

It’s all relative - this lot have been successful in the Championship and several of them were part of the relegation debacle who genuinely are not good enough.

we should enjoy this team and hopefully how it evolves in the next 2-3 years but the best team in our history was and will remain Wes and the gang - fact!

• Like 1

So what are we saying for best lcfc side ever then? Going 442 title winning formation

Banks

Nish Morgan Walsh Fuchs

Mahrez Kante Izzet Weller

Vardy Rowley

Subs: Schmeichel Huth Lineker Worthington Lennon Heskey Chandler Elliot Albrighton

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

So what are we saying for best lcfc side ever then? Going 442 title winning formation

Banks

Nish Morgan Walsh Fuchs

Vardy Rowley

Subs: Schmeichel Huth Lineker Worthington Lennon Heskey Chandler Elliot Albrighton

Even though fans turned on them last season, Maddison and Tielemans were both better than Izzet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Even though fans turned on them last season, Maddison and Tielemans were both better than Izzet.

Good debate that. Think Izzet’s output is unreal considering his team mates. Made the most assists in the PL with a relegated LCFC team 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

The one thing you cant do is compare, i saw both and saw them in all competitions, however football evolves and i personally agree that a most of the recent winners were some of the best ever but not all

12 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Banks

Nish Morgan Walsh Fuchs

Vardy Rowley

I loved Walshy but depends on if it's done on legend status or ability. I think Elliot was better Maybe even Huth. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Banks

Nish Morgan Walsh Fuchs

Vardy Rowley

No room for Sep Smith, widely regarded as Leicester's best ever all-round player?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Here we go, the younger generation (?) generalising and patronising about the older supporters again. I started off in the 60s and we’ve had some great players in that time. I think the PL team is our best ever and I think only Muzzy would get into that team from our successful O’Neil era. Keith Weller was also a brilliant player who walk into almost any team.Just because you didn’t see them play, doesn’t diminish their talent. In Banks we had the best goalie in the world. I haven’t seen the original post which generated this response.

Then you don't fall into the category of supporter I was supposedly generalising about. 

Jamie Vardy is our greatest every player. Yet when he is called this on headlines, the comments from (sorry to generalise) older fans for some reason like to bring this into question. Usually because of players like Banks and Shilton's achievements away from Leicester. 

Likewise when all time XI questions come up there's still some who hilariously miss everyone from our title win. Which happens quite often. 

Sorry if you felt generalised old chap. 

15 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No room for Sep Smith, widely regarded as Leicester's best ever all-round player?

I also think that most people who saw both men play were clear that Chandler was considerably better than Rowley. He scored his goals in a much better team and mostly at a higher level.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Id also put Kasper above any of our previous goalkeepers. He won the Premier League and FA Cup. End of conversation for me. 

Banks won a world cup while with us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

I also think that most people who saw both men play were clear that Chandler was considerably better than Rowley. He scored his goals in a much better team and mostly at a higher level.

Yep, the source of my enthusiasm for Sep Smith (my beloved late grandfather) was also pretty emphatic that Chandler was better than Rowley.

40 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Then you don't fall into the category of supporter I was supposedly generalising about. 

Jamie Vardy is our greatest every player. Yet when he is called this on headlines, the comments from (sorry to generalise) older fans for some reason like to bring this into question. Usually because of players like Banks and Shilton's achievements away from Leicester. 

Likewise when all time XI questions come up there's still some who hilariously miss everyone from our title win. Which happens quite often. 

Sorry if you felt generalised old chap. 

No worries, kid.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Good debate that. Think Izzet’s output is unreal considering his team mates. Made the most assists in the PL with a relegated LCFC team 

Maddison’s output in our relegated team was better last season than Izzet’s was in either of his 2 relegated seasons though. If you’re going for a pure numbers argument then Maddison beats Izzet hands down. 

Not going to start a long debate but people are still raw on the relegation from likes of Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes right now that they aren’t yet ready to admit that they were better than most players in their position that came before them.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

And in Frank Worthington the best first touch I’ve ever seen upto and including now, tv or live. His feet thighs and chest appeared to have Velcro on them !!

But the last 10 years have been the best, in fact it’s almost like we had to go down in order to win another trophy if we weren’t good enough to do it in the prem. Serial winners!!! Check us out Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, United and all the rest, never boring at Leicester.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Maddison’s output in our relegated team was better last season than Izzet’s was in either of his 2 relegated seasons though. If you’re going for a pure numbers argument then Maddison beats Izzet hands down. 

Not going to start a long debate but people are still raw on the relegation from likes of Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes right now that they aren’t yet ready to admit that they were better than most players in their position that came before them.

Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes had some high highs for us but they also had some very low lows. Not just because they were part of a relegation team but on an individual level as well they would drop off a cliff performance wise out of nowhere. The fact that we had three players that are on paper some of our best ever and were in their prime, in a relegated side, speaks volumes about the consistency and reliability of those players.

You also have to factor in that out of those 3 only Tielemans played a major part in our FA cup.

21 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Don’t think that Maddison would have got into the title winning team. Too selfish. Muzzy would have fitted right in, excellent team player.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes had some high highs for us but they also had some very low lows. Not just because they were part of a relegation team but on an individual level as well they would drop off a cliff performance wise out of nowhere. The fact that we had three players that are on paper some of our best ever and were in their prime, in a relegated side, speaks volumes about the consistency and reliability of those players.

You also have to factor in that out of those 3 only Tielemans played a major part in our FA cup.

But all that is true of Izzet too, that’s the point. The point is that people have forgot how Izzet was awful and looked like he couldn’t be bothered in 01/02 either and his performances were also rightly criticised as being way under par at the time. Same with the likes of Elliott, Weller, Worthington and Walsh too who all played major parts in relegations in seasons they wildly underperformed over the years. With time people forget these things, but it’s still raw in the case of those 3 players mentioned. 

Eh. This always ends up in these illogical but emotional arguments when you question people’s favourite players from decades ago so I’ll step away but nostalgia fades the bad seasons these players have so newer players are treated to harsher standards. If you prefer Izzet fair enough, you’re entitled to that, but these arguments about how those 3 underperformed in a relegation season so they don’t stand alongside other players don’t hold water for why other players are better when they are also true of the likes of Izzet and several other of the older players named. 

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

https://talksport.com/football/1844172/jamie-vardy-marc-albrighton-leicester-city-promotion-premier-league/

Firstly, what an absolute guy albrighton is…. but secondly this sounds like vardy has really stepped up to kick the squad into gear. 

Fantastic to hear! 

This seasons Cambiasso moment? Read what Albrighton is saying in that interview, and then listen to the manager post match. Maresca is moaning about the risks we're taking in possession, whereas the players are telling the wingers to take the risks now. Maresca comes out and tells (maybe joking but he's clearly a bit rattled by our lack of possession) that Fatawu will be benched now as he'll be shooting too much after scoring a hat trick just as the players have given the wingers the confidence again. 🙄 It's looks quite clear to me the players are forcing us over the line here despite the managers philosophy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Tielemans is nowhere near! People remember the odd cracking goal or one in four games slide rule pass. However, his overall game and consistency was really quite poor, notwithstanding his lazy boy attitude either. There would be a host of midfielders before him for me. There's a reason he's not a regular starter at Villa.

• Haha 2