Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Last night was a good indication of how i think we'll set up next season (if we get promoted) against the sides that like to dominate possession. 

We were very good yesterday, and Vardy looks as fit and as fast as ever. 

He is our best striker still at 37 years old by a mile. We would be mad not to extend his contract if we are able to. 

we would be mad to extend a 37 year olds contract but i agree he is still our best striker.

• Haha 1

I don't want to think about a Vardyless LCFC and I certainly don't want to talk about it.

After he scored on Tuesday I did have a sudden thought that could be the last goal I see him score and his last but one game. Did anyone else notice it was dusty on Tuesday night 😢

• Haha 1

Classic Vardy. Every time you think he's looking past it, he turns his form around.

The reality is, we've probably needed to shift him on for a couple of years to give somebody else a chance to develop and a a couple of months ago, that would definitely have been the right decision. But given Daka's renaissance is over and Cannon barely featuring, on top of the financial issues, I think we have to keep him for another year (hopefully on significantly lower wages)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Classic Vardy. Every time you think he's looking past it, he turns his form around.

The reality is, we've probably needed to shift him on for a couple of years to give somebody else a chance to develop and a a couple of months ago, that would definitely have been the right decision. But given Daka's renaissance is over and Cannon barely featuring, on top of the financial issues, I think we have to keep him for another year (hopefully on significantly lower wages)

Don’t agree that he should have been shifted on for others to develop. I think we could all see that Ienacho wasn’t the answer and Daka has little or no aggression to be a striker. Vardy outshines these in all departments and if we hadn’t had him this season, we’d be in a sorry mess. Players stick around longer these days and Vardy is not ready to pack in yet nor does he look like he needs to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Why would we shift the best striker our club has ever had in order to develop players who wont perform at the same level. As long as Vardy is performing we should try and get as many years out of him as possible, we wont see someone near his level for a while.

• Like 2

Will obviously need to take an enormous pay cut. 

Suppose it depends on where his priorities lie. Big ol' payday in the US or Saudi?

Or go out in a blaze of glory getting LCFC into the Champions League in your last season on 50% of his current wage? 

:vardy:

He deserves to go when he feels like it himself. Vardy is a foxes living legend.

a crying shame the club couldn’t find a proper understudy to him in all these years.

daka is not it & cannon too raw.

we could start the search for a striker again

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I maybe negative but for me this should be his last, I'd rather him end on high. Helping leicester get straight back up, would be a perfect an ending to a great story.

So who's his replacement as Daka and Nacho are beyond useless and Cannon doesn't get minutes in the championship?

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I maybe negative but for me this should be his last, I'd rather him end on high. Helping leicester get straight back up, would be a perfect an ending to a great story.

It’s a nice ending, though a lot of us will always say one more year because we will never be ready for him to leave.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lee7 said:

I would agree if he was just warming the bench or only playing the last 15 minutes of all our matches but he has the best minutes per goal ratio of any striker in this league

We'd be stupid not to extend it. 

Yes he is still our best but Daka is in a world of shit right now and the manager clearly doesnt think much of Nacho and Cannon.

I agree we likely wont be able to afford anyone that offers more than what Vardy gives us but with our finances, can we offer him more for a one year deal than a MLS club may?

If we get promoted we have to sign at least two strikers good enough for the premier league, can we afford to keep him as an expensive back up?

If we dont get promoted we certainly cant keep him.

Sorry, just thinking out loud but perhaps this shouldnt be in his appreciation thread:surrender:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Yes he is still our best but Daka is in a world of shit right now and the manager clearly doesnt think much of Nacho and Cannon.

I agree we likely wont be able to afford anyone that offers more than what Vardy gives us but with our finances, can we offer him more for a one year deal than a MLS club may?

If we get promoted we have to sign at least two strikers good enough for the premier league, can we afford to keep him as an expensive back up?

Sorry, just thinking out loud but perhaps this shouldnt be in his appreciation thread:surrender:

Nacho has gone anyway.

Manager has said Cannon is the future. We never know - it could be a relatively quick turn around for him if he gets a very strong injury free pre season behind him. 

Daka is a mystery. Big decisions need to be made on either a loan or finding someone willing to pay enough to break even (amortised). 

I think the future is sell Daka and replace, and lose Vardy.

11 minutes ago, Royston. said:

its easy to wander when we think of a 37 year old who is dragging us  back to the first division , hes incredible. by wander of course i meant we start thinking of how can we replace him so look at whos here , the 3 have had a chance to learn off him , nacho 7 year daka 3 and it hasnt happened but hes a bloody hard act to follow , cannon been unlucky with injury so jury's out , there's lads out there i bet tho :ermm: dont matter now but i was sure harvey barnes would move into cf after the legend . come home mate.

If he's happy to drop his salary significantly then I say keep him on - I adore the bloke, but there's no way he should be on anything approaching 6 figures a week if we get promoted, especially considering how much cost cutting we're going to have to do, and how many players we're going to need to buy.

Struggling to think who in England will offer him more money than what we would offer him. People mention him going to Wednesday but the sort of money they’d offer isn’t more than we’d happily still offer him. I can’t see any prem league teams making an offer we wouldn’t be willing to match either.  So unless he goes abroad it’s most likely he starts next season with us. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

Struggling to think who in England will offer him more money than what we would offer him. People mention him going to Wednesday but the sort of money they’d offer isn’t more than we’d happily still offer him. I can’t see any prem league teams making an offer we wouldn’t be willing to match either.  So unless he goes abroad it’s most likely he starts next season with us. 

Love your logic. Hope you're right.

• Like 1