Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

18 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Izzet played and performed in the PL for a number years, to a high standard. I think you have shown that you do not rate Izzet and for some reason, have put him in direct competition with Maddison. Muzzy was a brilliant player despite your protestations. Maddison had some excellent games for us without doubt, but I would choose Muzzy any day of the week. 

Eh. Again, you’re making emotional anrguments that have nothing to do with what I’m saying and reading things I’ve not said. I’ve not said I don’t rate Izzet and in fact said people are more the welcome to prefer him. I put him in competition in terms of the midfield place in 4-4-2 as a response to someone else’s post. All I’ve said is that id put Maddison over him and that the arguments that Maddison or Tielemans don’t belong in that team because they underperformed in a relegation season don’t hold water (and I still don’t think Maddison or Barnes really did underperform that much last season tbh, although Tielemans absolutely did) because they’re true of other players who are there too including Izzet in 01/02, that’s it. That’s absolutely nothing against Izzet at all.

Edited by Sampson

23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Eh. Again, you’re making emotional anrguments that have nothing to do with what I’m saying and reading things I’ve not said. I’ve not said I don’t rate Izzet and in fact said people are more the welcome to prefer him. I put him in competition in terms of the midfield place in 4-4-2 as a response to someone else’s post. All I’ve said is that id put Maddison over him and that the arguments that Maddison or Tielemans don’t belong in that team because they underperformed in a relegation season don’t hold water (and I still don’t think Maddison or Barnes really did underperform that much last season tbh, although Tielemans absolutely did) because they’re true of other players who are there too including Izzet in 01/02, that’s it. That’s absolutely nothing against Izzet at all.

With regards to your comment, people have forgotten how awful Izzet was in 2001/2, that’s because I don’t remember that happening. Patronising someone as being emotional, implies that their argument isn’t valid. My argument as far as I am concerned is valid. You have always championed Maddison and that’s fair enough. I will always be in the Muzzy camp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Same with the likes of Elliott, Weller, Worthington and Walsh too who all played major parts in relegations in seasons they wildly underperformed over the years.

Bit of a stretch to say Worthington played a major part in a relegation. He only played in 7 games in 77/78 before being allowed to leave by McLintock before the end of September.

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Maddison’s output in our relegated team was better last season than Izzet’s was in either of his 2 relegated seasons though. If you’re going for a pure numbers argument then Maddison beats Izzet hands down. 

Not going to start a long debate but people are still raw on the relegation from likes of Maddison, Tielemans and Barnes right now that they aren’t yet ready to admit that they were better than most players in their position that came before them.

Izzet was a legend for us but he also handed in like 3 transfer requests. Id like to have seen the reaction to Maddison doing that. 

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

This seasons Cambiasso moment? Read what Albrighton is saying in that interview, and then listen to the manager post match. Maresca is moaning about the risks we're taking in possession, whereas the players are telling the wingers to take the risks now. Maresca comes out and tells (maybe joking but he's clearly a bit rattled by our lack of possession) that Fatawu will be benched now as he'll be shooting too much after scoring a hat trick just as the players have given the wingers the confidence again. 🙄 It's looks quite clear to me the players are forcing us over the line here despite the managers philosophy.

could be right but i like to believe that this was just maresca grounding him.  but i’ve had a theory for a while now that it’s the eagerness to shoot, that is why cannon has been dropped. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's hilarious watching the older generation almost get annoyed that we regard the Premier League and FA Cup winners as our best ever. 

Don't worry Humphrey, you can still reminisce about Banks and Shilton over a John Smiths in New Parks Social Club. We just happened to actually be successful with this lot. 

There is no doubt. Rowley and Chandler were phenomenal but played almost a different version of the sport. 

To score 188 goals in 12 years, with many more assists, mostly in the top flight with a generally non-elite team is stunning. An amazing footballer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Izzet was a legend for us but he also handed in like 3 transfer requests. Id like to have seen the reaction to Maddison doing that. 

Very different era. Mahrez went on strike but no transfer request. Transfer requests seem an honest thing to do tbh

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13356639/Jamie-Vardy-Rebekah-leicester-promoted.html

What’s this all about, he was talking to Dennis Wise celebrating. He is now the president of the Como, a very nice part of Italy and they could be promoted to Seri A this year. Maybe his next club?

Weird if not but they have made some big moves in recent years. 

Listen, Leicester might not thank me for this but get the contract out, put it on the table and let him write whatever he wants on it cos Vardys at the wheel, he's doing it, he's doing his thing, Leicester city are back!image.png.86e2451458b9be84a43609a71281c8ca.png