Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

40 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

It’s already started on twitter

Plenty of tweets with that sentiment that are definitely not parodies

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZyadAlqhtani3/status/1335657667092766722

Shame because it's a great celebration which deserved to be seen as simply his utter contempt of Sheff U.

Edited by brucey
  • Haha 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

He best get a statue as soon as he retires. Our best ever player, no-one comes close.

Knock down the Clock Tower and build a statue for the legend

4 hours ago, Corky said:

We'd hate him if he didn't play for us.

Thank **** he does.

I mean - speak for yourself.  Vardy's exactly the type of player I'd love no matter what.  But pretty sweet he's on LCFC.

The way he stays onside so consistently is really amazing.

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

I mean - speak for yourself.  Vardy's exactly the type of player I'd love no matter what.  But pretty sweet he's on LCFC.

I wonder if there are any stats on that.  He seems unique in hardly ever being caught offside.

19 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I wonder if there are any stats on that.  He seems unique in hardly ever being caught offside.

Another stat that off the top of my head I have to think he's at or near the top of is average shot speed on goals (or even non goals).  Today's goal is a deft finesse finish compared to what is seemingly the norm where he just lashes the shit out of the ball (like the post shot today).

Edited by Bats8711

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

Literally THIS. Was saying this earlier as to why Vards has turned into a top striker over years of experience. A majority of strikers decline into their 30s when they lose a yard, even as good a strikers as Fowler, Owen, Torres to name a few. Vardy just develops his game and that’s why he’s still at the top at 33 going on 34.

This mentioned is not ‘luck’ or ‘just a fast striker’ it’s an art. He’s always perfect at timing his runs and he’s always very underrated in his touch, his first touches out of his feet when on the run are nearly always exceptional.

He’s a top top striker.

• Like 1