Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Premier League have already updated their website...

F8D41438-EF20-4A8B-97A6-B97ED6BFD339.jpeg

I can see him getting another 12 or so this season which would take him to 125ish, regardless of where we finish. So as long as he stays fit and injuries are kept to a minimum over the next 2 years, you have to believe he'll finish up around the 150 mark, maybe even 160.

29 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I can see him getting another 12 or so this season which would take him to 125ish, regardless of where we finish. So as long as he stays fit and injuries are kept to a minimum over the next 2 years, you have to believe he'll finish up around the 150 mark, maybe even 160.

Would be fantastic if he gets top 10 PL scorers despite joining the league so late. Big gap between Hasselbaink and van persie though.

Edited by honeybradger

On 08/12/2020 at 18:55, Bourbon Fox said:

Delivered with such distain. It was perfect. Absolute sh*thousery

yes it was - I'm not 100% sure if he had that planned or just did it in the moment.

my 2nd one is the goal at WBA where he cupped his ears and skipped around that entire corner.  For some reason it doesn't seem to be on many compilations I see and I can't find it on youtube.  Anybody know the one I'm talking about?

Just now, Bats8711 said:

yes it was - I'm not 100% sure if he had that planned or just did it in the moment.

my 2nd one is the goal at WBA where he cupped his ears and skipped around that entire corner.  For some reason it doesn't seem to be on many compilations I see and I can't find it on youtube.  Anybody know the one I'm talking about?

Yes, I know the one. Okazaki slipped him through whilst falling over.

20 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Would be fantastic if he gets top 10 PL scorers despite joining the league so late. Big gap between Hasselbaink and van persie though.

Yes, but based on his strike rate of the past 2 seasons and assuming he equals or gets close to last season, he'll be on course to go past both in the next 2 years anyway. Probably getting close to Hasselbaink or edging him by the end of this season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I would love for him to pass Owen....

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/goal_assist?se=-1&cl=26

We all talk about his goals, but his 2 assists last night put him only 1 assist behind Steve Guppy as our all-time top Premier League assist maker.

1. Steve Guppy 34
2. Jamie Vardy 33
3. Marc Albrighton 27
3. Riyad Mahrez 27
5. Muzzy Izzet 26
6. Neil Lennon 18
7. Emile Heskey 17
8. Matt Elliott 14
9. Harvey Barnes 11
9. James Maddison 11
9. Garry Parker 11

Someone mention Steve Guppy Assists?

• Haha 4

We all talk about his goals, but his 2 assists last night put him only 1 assist behind Steve Guppy as our all-time top Premier League assist maker.

1. Steve Guppy 34
2. Jamie Vardy 33
3. Marc Albrighton 27
3. Riyad Mahrez 27
5. Muzzy Izzet 26
6. Neil Lennon 18
7. Emile Heskey 17
8. Matt Elliott 14
9. Harvey Barnes 11
9. James Maddison 11
9. Garry Parker 11

How the chuffin nora did Elliott get 14 assists!? lol

1. Steve Guppy 34
2. Jamie Vardy 33
3. Marc Albrighton 27
3. Riyad Mahrez 27
5. Muzzy Izzet 26
6. Neil Lennon 18
7. Emile Heskey 17
8. Matt Elliott 14
9. Harvey Barnes 11
9. James Maddison 11
9. Garry Parker 11

Lennon with 18 considering he was a "defensive minded" player is superb.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

How the chuffin nora did Elliott get 14 assists!? lol

Massively underrated player, even by Leicester fans IMO. If he had pace, he would have played for one of the top 4, he was that good. I would imagine a lot of those assists are from winning the near post flick on for other to score as conversely to today's team, MON's team featuring Elliott and Tags scored a metric sh*t ton of set piece goals, even though they didn't practice them! Turns out having a great corner taker in Guppy and defenders great at attacking the ball with their heads results in lots of goals.

Elliott was also surprisingly good with his feet too and it wouldn't surprise me if from a corner he played a pass to someone else to score a few times too.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

Out of all of them only Kane is playing... could make the top 10 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Massively underrated player, even by Leicester fans IMO. If he had pace, he would have played for one of the top 4, he was that good. I would imagine a lot of those assists are from winning the near post flick on for other to score as conversely to today's team, MON's team featuring Elliott and Tags scored a metric sh*t ton of set piece goals, even though they didn't practice them! Turns out having a great corner taker in Guppy and defenders great at attacking the ball with their heads results in lots of goals.

Elliott was also surprisingly good with his feet too and it wouldn't surprise me if from a corner he played a pass to someone else to score a few times too.

I would imagine that YouTube could provide the evidence... I imagined wrong, but here are his goals anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I would imagine that YouTube could provide the evidence... I imagined wrong, but here are his goals anyway.

Some of those finishes are outrageous for a defender! That one against Everton, he's so far upfield he makes Fofana and Soyuncu's runs look like child's play!

Love Elliott! Great player and top bloke. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1