Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

44 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Think he only had 1 appearance vs Borough in 16/17? Don’t think he played at the Riverside? He scored there in 13/14 anyway!

Hull 14/15 he didn’t play in the Mahrez 1-0 game but played winger in that 0-0 that I thought relegated us, the 2-1 loss as champions and the 3-1 he set up Fuchs for a goal. So 0 in 3 apps vs Hull I think?

Cardiff he hit the bar in the Vichai RIP game and think he played in the 0-1 loss at home to Cardiff? Maddison missed a pen though , can’t remember if he was subbed or didn’t play? Either way less 0 in 1/2 apps max.

Incredible really that out of 30 teams, his ‘bogey’ team is Hull. 0 in 3 is his ‘poor’ record. Sums him up. Relentless.

Iirc didnt vardy have a shot saved of the line from a handball from a cardiff defender in 18/19, if var was around he would have definitely got a goal vs those lot.

46 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Think he only had 1 appearance vs Borough in 16/17? Don’t think he played at the Riverside? He scored there in 13/14 anyway!

Hull 14/15 he didn’t play in the Mahrez 1-0 game but played winger in that 0-0 that I thought relegated us, the 2-1 loss as champions and the 3-1 he set up Fuchs for a goal. So 0 in 3 apps vs Hull I think?

Cardiff he hit the bar in the Vichai RIP game and think he played in the 0-1 loss at home to Cardiff? Maddison missed a pen though , can’t remember if he was subbed or didn’t play? Either way less 0 in 1/2 apps max.

Incredible really that out of 30 teams, his ‘bogey’ team is Hull. 0 in 3 is his ‘poor’ record. Sums him up. Relentless.

If memory serves, he'd just been subbed off vs Cardiff. I was behind the goal and had zero confidence the goal would be scored.

23 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Iirc didnt vardy have a shot saved of the line from a handball from a cardiff defender in 18/19, if var was around he would have definitely got a goal vs those lot.

That was Sol Bamba that handled the ball. Was just before half time if memory serves me well.

On 08/11/2020 at 13:42, Sampson said:

Have to agree.

A player who creates to the level Mahrez did is way harder to find that a defensive midfielder and will win you way more points over a season.

Kante is the best at what he did, but he really won't win you that many more points having him in over a very good holding player like Ndidi or Mendy.

Whereas Mahrez won us 2 or 3 times as many points over a season than even very good attacking players like Barnes or Maddison do.

Mahrez was more important to how we played, won us more points and was the better player.

Our fans have always had an obsession with thinking defensive players are better than attacking players for some reason though, ignoring the fact defensive players are inherently more consistent.

Whilst I agree with you, I still don't think we would have won the league and allowed Mahrez to do what he did without Kante, but it doesn't really matter as all 3 of them were obscene that season and I don't think there will ever be a better 3 individuals in such a tight and effective unit.

On 08/11/2020 at 23:04, honeybradger said:

He's actually been too isolated this season imo despite somehow having 8 goals, we need to get more attacking players on the pitch to help him out as we cant keep winning penalties at this rate forever.

Some of these fixtures have been against teams where in previous seasons we have struggled as a team as has Vardy to see much of the ball. He's still set goals up vs Burnley, missed a sitter vs West Ham and would have assisted Barnes goal if it had stood, was unreal vs Leeds with 2 assists and a goal as well as fluffing another easy one on one. He also missed another chance vs Arsenal he should have buried too, so I think all in all this period has been navigated well and the run of games coming up after Liverpool ought to see us tweak the system and get him more support from Barnes and Ünder.

On 09/11/2020 at 18:47, honeybradger said:

On 09/11/2020 at 19:10, Fox42 said:

That was Sol Bamba that handled the ball. Was just before half time if memory serves me well.

Interviewed Warnock afterwards and mentioned the non-given handball and pretty sure he said there was an offside, I think in the build up, so may not have counted anyway.

That was an emotional game to work at by the way.

36 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

I loved it in the Man City documentary where Aguero asked for Vardy’s shirt because he is his sons favourite player. This is a kid in the family circle of Aguero Maradona and Messi IIRC. Says it all.

And Rooney's lad as well 😁

BBC News - Coleen Rooney 'pointed finger' at Rebekah Vardy over story leaks
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55002139

The following part made me smile. It's like a the official court transcript making out that Jamie was subjected to abuse that somehow was bad for him. The only people it affected was the thousands of opposition fans who instantly regretted  trying to abuse him 😂

"The written statement claims Mrs Vardy's footballer husband Jamie has also been the subject of ridicule, with opposition supporters shouting taunting chants such as "Becky Vardy's a grass"."

Edited by Collymore