Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

59 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

Like kante  did

Kante Mahrez Maguire Chilwell Drinkwater etc, none anywhere the status of Vardy for me, although they’ve provided the funds for a world leading training ground and built us an excellent squad.. Vardy is just that extra bit of special. 

6 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Kante Mahrez Maguire Chilwell Drinkwater etc, none anywhere the status of Vardy for me, although they’ve provided the funds for a world leading training ground and built us an excellent squad.. Vardy is just that extra bit of special. 

I'd say Mahrez isn't far behind despite the manner in which he left because he was as pivotal to our success as Vardy imo. The two of them remain the best combination we've had probably ever imo. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, shailen said:

I'd say Mahrez isn't far behind despite the manner in which he left because he was as pivotal to our success as Vardy imo. The two of them remain the best combination we've had probably ever imo. 

I’d argue kante is closer than Mahrez. Mahrez is a extremely good winger, Kante is probably one of the greatest holding players in premier league history.

Neither are a patch on Vards though imo.

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’d argue kante is closer than Mahrez. Mahrez is a extremely good winger, Kante is probably one of the greatest holding players in premier league history.

Neither are a patch on Vards though imo.

I know a lot of people will agree with this, but for me whilst Kante was one of the best holding midfielders in the world, the hardest thing in football is to create and score and Mahrez and Vardy made that look so easy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shailen said:

I know a lot of people will agree with this, but for me whilst Kante was one of the best holding midfielders in the world, the hardest thing in football is to create and score and Mahrez and Vardy made that look so easy. 

I think both are extremely hard to find. Arsenal haven’t found one since Viera and Man Utd havnt since Keane. I agree finding a Mahrez standard creator is nearly impossible but same for a Kante destroyer.

I guess that’s why we won the league, with no disrespect, a very average rest of team. When you have 3 absolutely world class players in their position , you can make average hard working players into winners.

8 minutes ago, shailen said:

Have to agree.

A player who creates to the level Mahrez did is way harder to find that a defensive midfielder and will win you way more points over a season.

Kante is the best at what he did, but he really won't win you that many more points having him in over a very good holding player like Ndidi or Mendy.

Whereas Mahrez won us 2 or 3 times as many points over a season than even very good attacking players like Barnes or Maddison do.

Mahrez was more important to how we played, won us more points and was the better player.

Our fans have always had an obsession with thinking defensive players are better than attacking players for some reason though, ignoring the fact defensive players are inherently more consistent.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He's actually been too isolated this season imo despite somehow having 8 goals, we need to get more attacking players on the pitch to help him out as we cant keep winning penalties at this rate forever.

I do agree with this but I am expecting us to play very differently once all are fit so I'm reserving judgement and just enjoying the results for now.

1 hour ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

He’s scored 40 goals since Rodgers has taken charge, 9 more than any other player in that period! 

Whatever limitations Rodgers may have, man-management isn't one of them.

Walked in, got the big players back onside straight away, and he's kept them there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I didn't think he looked himself today, actually.

I thought he actually played pretty well on the ball but I know what you mean. Off the ball the whole 2nd half he didn’t press and looked nakard. He wasn’t the only one though tbh, thought Tielemens and Mendy were both barely moving too in the last 30 mins. 
He’s going on 34 and coming back from a niggle . 2 weeks break will hopefully get him up back up to speed.

Think he only had 1 appearance vs Borough in 16/17? Don’t think he played at the Riverside? He scored there in 13/14 anyway!

Hull 14/15 he didn’t play in the Mahrez 1-0 game but played winger in that 0-0 that I thought relegated us, the 2-1 loss as champions and the 3-1 he set up Fuchs for a goal. So 0 in 3 apps vs Hull I think?

Cardiff he hit the bar in the Vichai RIP game and think he played in the 0-1 loss at home to Cardiff? Maddison missed a pen though , can’t remember if he was subbed or didn’t play? Either way less 0 in 1/2 apps max.

Incredible really that out of 30 teams, his ‘bogey’ team is Hull. 0 in 3 is his ‘poor’ record. Sums him up. Relentless.

19 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

He’s scored 40 goals since Rodgers has taken charge, 9 more than any other player in that period! 

His all round game has improved so much too, a couple of times today he was completely isolated and he just took the ball down the line and won us a corner. Getting better with age! 

Like fine wine..

(Please, somebody Photoshop his face onto a decent wine bottle - @Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo:D )

• Like 1