Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

19th in the all time PL goal scorers. Needs 7 more to go in front of Steven Gerrard. What an amazing player he really is. 

19th in the al time scorers list wow! Let that sink in. Think off all the great strikers he is amongst now. Incredible!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tetly said:

19th in the al time scorers list wow! Let that sink in. Think off all the great strikers he is amongst now. Incredible!

It's absolutely mad considering he's only been a premier league player since 2014 at the age of 27 and in that first year he was more of a winger than striker. If he can play on for 2 or 3 more seasons he should well be amongst the top 10. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's absolutely mad considering he's only been a premier league player since 2014 at the age of 27 and in that first year he was more of a winger than striker. If he can play on for 2 or 3 more seasons he should well be amongst the top 10. 

Yeah I had a look at the list he can get to the top 10 🤞

The pundits and journalists favourite trope at the moment of "Vardy's showing no signs of slowing down" is really starting to grind my gears, even ol' Barry Glendenning is giving the line a go.

He's a great player, and is a living Leicester legend without a doubt. But I don't think we have seen Vardy at his most consistent. I am not going to take the lazy route here and attribute this to Leicester receiving more penalties. 

Fob that nonsense, just had a look at the stats. The man really is showing no signs of showing down. 

Ooh JAMIE VARDY'S MAGIC, HE WEARS A MAGIC HAT :vardy:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 10.52.22.png

Would love him to get to 151 PL goals and get above Owen in the PL top scorers list, who famously claimed a few years back Vardy wasn't a natural finisher.

37 goals to to go,  if he carries on at the rate his scored over the last 3 seasons it would take him around 60 games.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

Vardy is loathed by opposition fans in the week leading up to, and usually for a few days after.

After this 9 or 10 day spell, he has as as much respect, if not more than any other player from oppo fans.

If you trawl other fan forums you can easily see this.

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

35th in the top 100 male footballers list run by the Guardian. In fine company! 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/21/the-100-best-male-footballers-in-the-world-2020

Not being local I don't know much about Vardy the man but just from observing on top of his immense contribution in goals he's also seems to be a good club man, almost always gives 100 per cent, and for a striker he's pretty unselfish. Personally I don't think penaties should be included in goals scored, instead I'd knock a goal off everytime they failed to score a penalty but all the praise for Vardy is still well earned. The fact we've got 3 of the 2015/6 side in the top 100 maybe means we were n't exactly little old Leicester in the magic year, but it was still a magical achievement.