Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

That list makes it look like it's been Liverpool's year, when it's been Bayern Munich's year.

Kimmich should be #2 for the best players in the world in 2020, only behind Lewandowski.

The fact he isn't in the top 10 when presumedly 3 or 4 Liverpool players will be is crazy.

• Like 2

I had a look earlier at all the strikers and ranked him where I honestly thought he belonged.

I had him in the top 10 just when looking at the 100 club.

Theres obviously the likes of Van Nisterrooy, Torres, Suarez, Berbatov, Tevez and Ronaldo(if you call him a striker) who obviously didn’t make it into the 100 club that pundits would probably place above Vardy(big club biast clearly exists.

I think hand on heart he is a better player than Van Nisterooy who was similar in ruthlessness but didn’t offer much outside the box. He also played for one of the best teams compared to Vards. Torres at prime was arguably better but it’s close, Torres also proved without his pace he was more limited, Vardy has shown he has more. He’s much better than Berbatov and Tevez imo. They both haven’t shown as much when at a ‘lower level team’. They were Good players part of great squads, Vards is a great player in a good squad.

Hes also better than fowler Owen and even Andy Cole. These all were at their best before they hit 25 and overall there careers showed they were pretty average after they lost a yard. Cole got right to the top so people might laugh if I said Vards was better but again based on whose the better striker, Cole showed he wasn’t as ruthless after he dropped out of a dominant Utd era.

The reason why Vardy will never be seen in the same light as these ‘legends’ is based purely on the fact he plays for Leicester and only won 1 trophy that will always be cliched to ‘a miracle’

The reality is, the reasons the pundits will mention as to why he’s below the above are actually the reasons he’s in fact above.

Prime Vardy playing in those teams would of shown Vardy as a top 10 Prem great.

Suarez had it all. He was the only one better than Vards not in the 100 club imo.

He is below Suarez Henry Aguero Shearer Rooney Kane(very debatable but I’ll give benefit of doubt), Van Persie(on pure talent), Drogba(on Big games in all comps). Possibly a few others but there is absolutely no way that Vards is not at least in the top 15. For me I’d argue 10th range but anything lower than 15th is wrong for me. He belongs in that company, if not higher as no one could show me anyone whose been as influential in a non top 6 team(or top 4 team in the 00-10 range) or Utd/Arsenal in the 90s.

’Experts’ and ‘pundits’ never seem to acknowledge or understand how much of a handicap it is to get to the level of stats and winning trophies when your team around you isn’t also elite. Vardys has been in squads, varying from crap/average/fairly good but never elite like the likes of nearly every other top striker. This is why he will always be ‘underrated’ in terms of where he actually should be in peoples eyes.

I honestly think without Vards we would of been:

- Relegated in 14/15.

- Certainly not won the league in 15/16.

- Relegated in 16/17.
- In 17/18 we were top half all season with an awful team arguably worse than 16/17 yet came ‘9th’. Vards was fantastic that season.

- Hard to judge 18/19 but we could even debatably of been relegated as Vardy won is crucial points at Chelsea and Everton which imo papered the Puel cracks. His form under BR was always crazy good so arguably without him we would of been potentially relegated in 18/19 too.

- 19/20, with our best team and manager since 15/16 he proved in a better team he can get to high levels. A golden boot and a top 4 push at 33.

- 20/21 won’t judge yet as too soon but 11 in 13 games. Winners at Spurs and Arsenal and a hat trick at city. Enough said.

This guy is an absolute legend. The greatest ever at Leicester and right up in the bracket of elite players and certainly strikers in the EPL era. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Jose Mourinho even mentioned how it’s just unfortunate he got here so late because he would of got many more goals and contributed hugely to the England team. Not often do managers praise someone so confidently like no ‘mights’ or ‘maybes’ but just ‘he WOULD’ of scored lots more and done big things for his country.

If he was playing in the Prem in his early 20s, big clubs would of not been reluctant to splash big money on him and he would of gone right to the very top and been regarded as a great like Kante will because he has won things/played for a Big 6 club.
Luckily for us he didn’t but that is the reason why he is a great and not even a question in terms of our greatest player by an absolute mile.

I really hope he gets to 150 prem goals and even better if we could get another trophy to bulk out his CV which is talents and endeavour deserves.

‘Jamie Vardy he’s one of our own!’

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I see the PL has given today's goal as an OG.

Still does not affect the continuing legend of Jamie Vardy!  :appl:

Seen plenty of goals with blatant deflections still credited to the attacking player. Wonder why they'd take that off Vardy's goal tally?

Even SKY are crediting it to Vardy!? - "Vardy snatches late draw to keep Foxes in second!| Leicester City 2-2 Man United |EPL Highlights"

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Those goals will have been on target before being deflected so are still credited to the shooter. Vardy's effort was going wide. 

Have you seen a video of it from the behind view seeing it’s going wide?

Ive thought it’s still going in despite the touch but then Vardy said in the interview which made me assume it must of been going wide. However I’ve still not seen a good view myself.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Those goals will have been on target before being deflected so are still credited to the shooter. Vardy's effort was going wide. 

It was very close to my eye. Even SKY credited Vardy with the goal in the post-match highlights.

As an example, I'm sure there are several Kane goals that literally deflected in by several degrees that he was still credited for.

Edited by Kendal Fox

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Ive thought it’s still going in despite the touch but then Vardy said in the interview which made me assume it must of been going wide. However I’ve still not seen a good view myself.

No. I've not seen a good view from definitive angle. Just going by what Vardy said himself. I think he would know if it was in target or not.

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

In the post match highlights, when watching it back, Jim Beglin clearly says "the deflection helped it on its way into the back of the net ", that would suggest it was still going in and neither commentator said it was an OG.

Edited by Kendal Fox

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

No. I've not seen a good view from definitive angle. Just going by what Vardy said himself. I think he would know if it was in target or not.

I think he was being a little self deprecating/modest. SKY credited the goal to Vardy with Jim Beglin inferring that the deflection simply helped it on its way. It def looked on target.

SKY.jpg

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah was very suprised when he said that because until that moment I had no doubts even that it’s his goal.

I thought he was being a bit tounge in cheek similar to the ‘I’m getting a bit old’ comment after the Spurs game , was shocked to see it taken off him.

Normally there’s footage behind the ball to confirm it.

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

In the post match highlights, when watching it back, Jim Beglin clearly says "the deflection helped it on its way into the back of the net ", that would suggest it was still going in and neither commentator said it was an OG.

Yeah I initially felt it was a deflection that didn’t change the angle of the ball, until I see an angle confirming it , I’m unsure. As you said above , I thought it was tounge in cheek when he said what he said. Shame if he doesn’t get credited to it because he should be taking that chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I think he was being a little self deprecating/modest. SKY credited the goal to Vardy with Jim Beglin inferring that the deflection simply helped it on its way. It def looked on target.

What Sky or Jim Beglin think doesn't really matter. The Dubious Goals Panel will most probably have access to all the camera angles and they've deemed it an OG.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What Sky or Jim Beglin think doesn't really matter. The Dubious Goals Panel will most probably have access to all the camera angles and they've deemed it an OG.

I agree - "Dubious Goals Panel"! I'm sure Beglin knows what he is talking about and I'm sure if it was one of the big clubs, it would have stood.

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Deflection or not he won us the point which is all that really matters, sometimes you just need a little bit of luck.

Exactly, Vards instigated the Goal, it deflected and went in, we got a point in a tough game. Vards has done this for the Foxes so many times he is a true loyal Fox who deserves much credit