Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Said it earlier in the season but I can easily see him developing into a late-career Sheringham style forward once his pace start to go. He's definitely developing his hold up play and ability to find the ball fir others in tight spaces right now.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 18:04, UniFox21 said:

Vardy often gets labelled a one trick pony, but the footballing intelligence of the man is incredible. 

Yes quite a few on here took sometime to Open their Eyes and actually see & recognized his runs & crosses....Shinji , Gray ,Slimani,Nacho,Barnes could of upped their goal tally if they could Time & anticipate their runs better, from Good possible assist Cross passes from Vardy...He understands the channels,Not just for his

own chances ,but also sees openings for others...I actually Think Now with Maddison Tielemans, Barnes, eventually Under, Without saying also Albrighton he has the players who can make more Space for each other, Add then Justin & Castagna, Ricardo when he returns..Especially with Ndidi Holding that Middle of the Park

with a high line Fofana...

Because of our injuries through the season, its been difficult to find those rythme And Triangle  partnerships...

One if we cant change,but if Vardy was 2 years younger....

If we can find/Discover Another 16-24 goal striker to Play alongside, and sometimes instead of Vardy, if he wants I reckon like Sheringham we might have

a modern Peter Pan on our hands, who could Play high Quality Football into  his Late 30s.  > 38-40<..injury/Rebecca/Family/ 2nd career wishes permitting.

thats Four years of Reviering a quite Unique talent.  An hard Unique persona/character to find again so quickly on a Football field.

A Player that Oppo fans loved to hate, but is now, respected and even Now become  liked..fest

.from many of those fans who Threw nothing but disdain around his whole exsistence..even laughed at his early PL career..

I have a few opposition fans aquaintances...WBA,CP,Spurs,Villa & L'pool ,Arsenal colours,

who to a man/Woman who actually admit they are now somewhat envious  But Happy to Watch him go about bis business...including celebrations...

3 hours ago, John12345 said:

I know they were ruled out anyway but the offside finish and the crossbar shot were class

Absolutely, especially that extremely tight angle finish, not the first time. Man City hattrick goal 4 years ago was very similar and there have been others. He knows where the goal is for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes quite a few on here took sometime to Open their Eyes and actually see & recognized his runs & crosses....Shinji , Gray ,Slimani,Nacho,Barnes could of upped their goal tally if they could Time & anticipate their runs better, from Good possible assist Cross passes from Vardy...He understands the channels,Not just for his

own chances ,but also sees openings for others...I actually Think Now with Maddison Tielemans, Barnes, eventually Under, Without saying also Albrighton he has the players who can make more Space for each other, Add then Justin & Castagna, Ricardo when he returns..Especially with Ndidi Holding that Middle of the Park

with a high line Fofana...

Because of our injuries through the season, its been difficult to find those rythme And Triangle  partnerships...

One if we cant change,but if Vardy was 2 years younger....

If we can find/Discover Another 16-24 goal striker to Play alongside, and sometimes instead of Vardy, if he wants I reckon like Sheringham we might have

a modern Peter Pan on our hands, who could Play high Quality Football into  his Late 30s.  > 38-40<..injury/Rebecca/Family/ 2nd career wishes permitting.

thats Four years of Reviering a quite Unique talent.  An hard Unique persona/character to find again so quickly on a Football field.

A Player that Oppo fans loved to hate, but is now, respected and even Now become  liked..fest

.from many of those fans who Threw nothing but disdain around his whole exsistence..even laughed at his early PL career..

I have a few opposition fans aquaintances...WBA,CP,Spurs,Villa & L'pool ,Arsenal colours,

who to a man/Woman who actually admit they are now somewhat envious  But Happy to Watch him go about bis business...including celebrations...

That's an interesting idea, grooming a young prospect to replace Vardy but allowing Vardy to then prolong his career in a Sheringham-type role.

34 minutes ago, deep blue said:

That's an interesting idea, grooming a young prospect to replace Vardy but allowing Vardy to then prolong his career in a Sheringham-type role.

I actually believe Vardy should be spared Tracking back duties, like under Ranieri, he should hold an high line,

Not Chase all lost causes,which he seems to do less,he also Picks his own time. What to Chase & what not to, but still has 5- 6 Bursts each half in him..

What keeps him fit, he doesn't have to hold the ball up, or eventually go into those hard areas,where it Hurts like other central strikers.

its his style that is giving him a longer life,he can but doesn't always have to Mix it...his pace is his Saving grace..but its used uniquely compared to other Front pacemen..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I loved it under Ranieri when we’d defend a corner and have Albrighton, Vardy and Mahrez all up on the half way line. 
I think it’s an underused tactic, opposition CB all of a sudden don’t know if they can go forward, and if we clear the ball we are in prime position to attack quickly.

This with Under, Vardy and Barnes could be lethal.

I often think back to that tactic - so effective - and disappointingly compare with nowadays which sees even Vardy pulled back to defend corners.  Have to say, though, that Vardy has on occasion defended surprisigly well.

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more I think leaving 2 or even 3 players up field ready for a counter is a great plan. That said having a goalkeeper that can come and claim some corners himself would make it an even more effective policy.  A keeper catching a corner and quickly throwing or kicking up field towards those players would make the tactic far more dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I often think back to that tactic - so effective - and disappointingly compare with nowadays which sees even Vardy pulled back to defend corners.  Have to say, though, that Vardy has on occasion defended surprisigly well.

Ok he’s no Ulloa but he does seem to nod a fair deal away at that near post. It’s great to see. I would like us to most Youri away from the middle of our zonal system. Not his strong point. I’d like to move away from zonal, but I genuinely know nothing about the game lol  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrielCaziado said:

The more I think about it the more I think leaving 2 or even 3 players up field ready for a counter is a great plan. That said having a goalkeeper that can come and claim some corners himself would make it an even more effective policy.  A keeper catching a corner and quickly throwing or kicking up field towards those players would make the tactic far more dangerous. 

If we have 2 or 3 players up then the attacking team won't be able to commit as many players forwards making for a less congested box and easier for a keeper to come and claim the ball.

The biggest danger would be from a short corner and giving them a free stroll into the box.

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

If we have 2 or 3 players up then the attacking team won't be able to commit as many players forwards making for a less congested box and easier for a keeper to come and claim the ball.

The biggest danger would be from a short corner and giving them a free stroll into the box.

Yes goes without saying if we leave three up the opposition will have to leave three back minimum.  I’d rather us leave at least three back ourselves when we have a corner. I’m so concerned these days with us conceding from our own corner via a counter that it’s reached the stage where I’m worried when we get a corner 😜. Long gone are the days where we scored most of our goals from set pieces with Walsh, Taggart, Elliott and co all a threat. 

On 05/01/2021 at 11:16, Captain... said:

Why would that be a danger? If we leave 3 players upfront, defending team would have to have at least 3 back most cases they would have 4 so the numbers in the box are still the same in comparison whether you have 11 defending or 8 defending in the box 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Why would that be a danger? If we leave 3 players upfront, defending team would have to have at least 3 back most cases they would have 4 so the numbers in the box are still the same in comparison whether you have 11 defending or 8 defending in the box 

If we have 3 up and they go to play it short we then need to commit 2 defenders out to deal with the short corner then we are left short handed in the box, or we allow a free run into the box.

If I was facing a team leaving players up at a corner I would play it short draw out the defence and look for the space or the big man, it will have the joint effect of bringing the players up back to help out negating the quick break, you are also not pumping it into the keeper's hands to facilitate a quick break 

Bit worried about the mention of Vardy having a “long term hip problem” on the BBC which is why he won’t play against Stoke. He was limping a bit a couple of games ago and wonder if it’s troubled him a bit in recent games...

8 minutes ago, car1os said:

Bit worried about the mention of Vardy having a “long term hip problem” on the BBC which is why he won’t play against Stoke. He was limping a bit a couple of games ago and wonder if it’s troubled him a bit in recent games...

It's just unnecessary to play him, allows him to get some rest, nothing to be too concerned about.

Although I do think the alarm bells should be ringing and it's vital we bring in a new striker before the start of next season as he is starting to show a few signs of slowing down. We want someone who's settled and ready to take over when we lose Vardy, sadly I don't think Kel is that man if we plan to continue playing 1 up top.