Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

just seen that as well, shame other players are not as loyal as Vardy, proper legend no other player comes close.

Just when you thought he couldn't be any more of a legend.... I really, really love him!! ❤❤❤

• Like 3

I could see him signing for somebody else when he's about 37/38 just for the hell of it, career prediction; 

1) Retires from Professional football at the end of the 23/24 season, aged 37 

2) August 2024 - Sheffield Wednesday, Championship relegation favourites sign Vardy on a 1 year deal OUT OF NOWHERE, he single handily drags them to the Premier League

3) August 2025 - 1 year contract extension with Wednesday, Vardy starts every game on the bench but comes on to score a late equaliser 10 times and a late winner 10 times, he keeps them up on 40 points (refuses to play against Leicester)

4) 2026/27 - Wins League 2 with Fleetwood Town, the man just wants to play bloody, ruddy football - none of this bench malarkey 

5) 2027/28 - Wins League 1 with Fleetwood Town 

6) 2028 - 2035 - Whichever Conference team pays the most Wonga! 

7) August 2035 - retires from a career ending injury caused by Dover Athletic centre back Gary Cahill 

Edited by Jack1993
  • Haha 1

does seem a bit far fetched, this is a bit more realistic I think https://www.fotmob.com/news/1sfqnk54rkarx1op6oia0xxotl-vardy:-leaving-leicester-was-never-an-option#:~:text="I am not going to,There were loads of reasons.

"I was in a hotel room [in Chantilly] for so many hours of every day with nothing to do. You had a lot of time on your hands," he explained ahead of Sunday's World Cup qualifier in Slovakia, which marks Sam Allardyce's first game in charge of England.

"I am not going to beat around the bush – every time I thought about it, and every aspect of it I thought about, both my head and my heart were saying to stay at Leicester, which is why I made my decision to stay.

"There were loads of reasons. You get that much time to think about every single thing, down to the tea lady. You think about what might happen, what might not. Where you could be, where not.

"Every time I thought about every little thing, though, both head and heart were saying 'you need to stay'.

"I could see people's point when they assumed I would go, but, deep down, if you don't think it's right for you, you don't do it. It’s as simple as that.

"In my professional life, it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but I haven't been a professional for that long. It was hard, but it was actually an easy decision to make."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sdb said:

Keep seeing that quote. Is it genuine?! Where and when did he say it? Sounds like something a 13 year old instagrammer made up.

Yeah it's years old and not true.

Although actions speak louder than words in regard to the second part as least,  and he has never left us or let us down, despite having the option on a release clause, so I'm not really sure what people would get out of hearing him say it.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Could be more to do with how we stuck with him after his difficult first year.

LCFC took a punt on non league Vardy, and stuck with him when things got tough. He has more than repaid that to the club. Both Vardy and LCFC owe a big thank you to each other. 

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Villas Louie Barry has said that Vardy was his idol growing up, and he tried to base his game on him....... sign the ****er up. 

The way he ran on and finished yesterday was very Vardy. 
They only got him in this summer from Barcelona, not sure how much, but I don’t think they’ll be letting him go cheaply. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

They only got him in this summer from Barcelona, not sure how much, but I don’t think they’ll be letting him go cheaply. 

Didn’t he leave west Brom to go there? I think he’s had a bit of an odd youth experience 

58 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Villas Louie Barry has said that Vardy was his idol growing up, and he tried to base his game on him....... sign the ****er up. 

That makes me feel very old. Its not like Vardy has been around at the top level for that long, so to hear someone say he was their idol growing up :nigel:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

That makes me feel very old. Its not like Vardy has been around at the top level for that long, so to hear someone say he was their idol growing up :nigel:

That’s exactly what I thought when he said it...... bollocks I’m getting on.....

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Yeah if he was at Brighton or still at West Brom or something I'd fancy us nabbing him but since Villa are half decent again I'm not sure they'll sell him to us. Shame as he look like a perfect long term replacement.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

This! Only seems like a couple of years ago I read an article saying we were scouting him so spent a lunchtime watching whatever footage I could find of him at Stocksbridge and Fleetwood. Mental

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1