Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

44 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Don't believe the BLM message needs to be highlighted by Premier league teams, it already feels like the movement is starting to lose respect with the looting, rioting and vandalism. I think we all agree there is a level of inequality/racism issue in the western world which needs rectifying, but the biggest noise coming from police brutality in the US. This element cannot be fixed by premier league nor the UK government, real change will need to come from legislation. 

Keep politics and football separate 

It isn't about politics. If you think that appealing for racial equality is a political stance, then you need  to read better source material.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You have a very weird sense of 'disgusting' in that case. The 2nd part is total conjecture, and thus irrelevant cant.

I know this is your job usually, but I think you're missing a comma

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It isn't about politics. If you think that appealing for racial equality is a political stance, then you need  to read better source material.

Ultimately it is though, as politicians can help drive the changes needed for equality, i.e. funding for deprived areas, laws on discrimination, material content, banning of far right groups etc.... 

i don't need to read more source material i understand the issue at present, i just don't believe the issue is as prominent in the UK as it is the USA. 

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Ultimately it is though, as politicians can help drive the changes needed for equality, i.e. funding for deprived areas, laws on discrimination, material content, banning of far right groups etc.... 

i don't need to read more source material i understand the issue at present, i just don't believe the issue is as prominent in the UK as it is the USA. 

Our country is built on racism, class and caste. That is what I believe. And we ALL need to read better source material, all the time.

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Knowing your humour, I assume this to be banter (and the word you were mistakenly looking for was 'apostrophe' :) )

It was banter! But I can assure you I meant comma...

• Haha 1

What is the appeal of being managed by Lampard? I'm seeing countless articles or comments saying of the "Lampard pull". He has 0 managing pedigree minus 18 months between Derby and Chelsea. Surely a young player would want an experienced coach; Pep, Klopp, Brendan etc over a relatively new coach with no prior experience?

Edited by UniFox21

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I’d get it if you were a goal scoring midfielder and wanted to learn from him, or grew up idolising him, but anywhere else on the pitch there’s nothing to say choose Lampard over the rest of the managers near the top. 

You'd understand in particular position with the advice he can give, but nothing else suggests he can develop your career in other positions. 

The same goes for Gerrard. I still think Frank will have done well to get Chelsea top four, considering his lack of experience. He should have stayed at Derby to be honest but then he might be the only person really willing to take the Chelsea job right now, considering what a poisoned chalice it is. Each of their last three managers has either won the league or a cup yet they still get the boot. 

21 hours ago, filbertway said:

I don't see the point in it. Its obviously being done to appease people but I don't see what it actually achieves. Same with the NHS thing.

Pretty sure the only aim is to get some positive press.

Maybe, just maybe, the players wanted to do it?

All for footballers doing acts like that - simple and effective. Creates awareness and debate. 

Serie A do something similar for domestic violence once a season with red marks on their cheeks. 

You can argue sport and politics shouldn’t mix in such a way but I just feel that they have a large audience to which they can put across a simple message. 

7 minutes ago, January47 said:

Personally totally against it. Nothing to do with it being BLM. It’s a political issue so what does any player do if they don’t agree with it.

bit like the James mcclean issue with requiring him to wear a poppy.

The fight against racism isn't a political movement mate.

A player who isn't for equality and a world without racism, is a player I don't want in our club. 

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

A player who isn't for equality and a world without racism, is a player I don't want in our club. 

So if any player doesn’t support BLM or anybody else for that matter then they are racist. What about the black people who think it’s patronising and simplistic.

i can’t stand people trying to impose their views on others.

at the time people thought what could be wrong with wearing a poppy.....but to be honest when I think about I can understand McLeans point of view.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Spot on. And folks would be incredibly naive to assume that mindset isn't also absolutely true in the dressing room. Remember when Wayne Brown managed to throw himself under the bus by letting slip to his team-mates that he was a BNP supporter? His career was practically over after that, and deservedly so. Imagine telling a dressing room full of players from different ethnicities that, quote, "minorities were killing this country". Tone-deaf in any situation, let alone a club in one of the most racially diverse cities in the world, let alone the UK.

:wes:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, January47 said:

So if any player doesn’t support BLM or anybody else for that matter then they are racist. What about the black people who think it’s patronising and simplistic.

i can’t stand people trying to impose their views on others.

at the time people thought what could be wrong with wearing a poppy.....but to be honest when I think about I can understand McLeans point of view.

McLean has every right not to wear a poppy. For me it’s the fact that he’s more than happy to live in England to pick up his wages while he is quite clearly anti-British. Okay, he’s stated he’s not ‘anti-British’ but turning away from the Union Jack while GSTQ plays suggests otherwise. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

9 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

McLean has every right not to wear a poppy. For me it’s the fact that he’s more than happy to live in England to pick up his wages while he is quite clearly anti-British. Okay, he’s stated he’s not ‘anti-British’ but turning away from the Union Jack while GSTQ plays suggests otherwise. 

Honestly, I don't have any gripes against McClean himself. Even a basic knowledge of the history between the UK and Ireland will tell you that it's seen as a reminder of the subjugation of the Irish, and that the poppy represents, if nothing else, the futility of Irishmen fighting and dying in wars they wanted no part in, for an occupying force. I don't believe that the Americans taking a knee during their anthem are "anti-American" either - just against what certain symbols represent to them.

What I truly despise, however, is the group of English tag-alongs with barely a braincell between them, who manage to ruin the minute's silence every year for any remembrance fixture he's involved in in some twisted show of "solidarity". It happened twice at the KP when we managed to get West Brom two years in a row. By all means sing the guy's name during the match, but desecrating the memory of the dead just because you have a guy who doesn't wear a poppy in your squad is unforgivable.

Edited by OntarioFox

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Spot on. And folks would be incredibly naive to assume that mindset isn't also absolutely true in the dressing room. Remember when Wayne Brown managed to throw himself under the bus by letting slip to his team-mates that he was a BNP supporter?
 :wes:

You deliberately confuse Potentially not supporting theBLM movement with being a racist and even make an analogy for support for cretins like the bnp. 

this is the last I’ll post on this thread as should be on the general chat site.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Honestly, I don't have any gripes against McClean himself. Even a basic knowledge of the history between the UK and Ireland will tell you that it's seen as a reminder of the subjugation of the Irish, and that the poppy represents, if nothing else, the futility of Irishmen fighting and dying in wars they wanted no part in, for an occupying force.

What I truly despise, however, is the group of English tag-alongs with barely a braincell between them, who manage to ruin the minute's silence every year for any remembrance fixture he's involved in in some twisted show of "solidarity". It happened twice at the KP when we managed to get West Brom two years in a row. By all means sing the guy's name during the match, but desecrating the memory of the dead just because you have a guy who doesn't wear a poppy in your squad is unforgivable.

I don’t really have any problem with him except his hypocrisy on the matter. Having beliefs/loyalties to something is all well and good. Going to the place you clearly don’t like and being disrespectful during an act of remembrance isn’t really on. If his beliefs were so strong he wouldn’t be living/working in England, but he does. 

I’d have no issue with him coming out of the tunnel after the minutes silence and playing without a poppy on his shirt. 

Edited by Leeds Fox