Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, January47 said:

You deliberately confuse Potentially not supporting theBLM movement with being a racist and even make an analogy for support for cretins like the bnp. 

this is the last I’ll post on this thread as should be on the general chat site.

Lol, that's not what I said at all - and I think it's still relevant to discuss in this thread since, yaknow, it's our own Wes Morgan leading this charge along with Deeney.

I'm saying that it's bleedin' obvious that there are a large number of BAME players in all sports leagues who support the BLM movement, and that it's surprising that we as fans could detach ourselves from the reality of that fact in order to justify the presence of players who wouldn't support Wes and co. in their drive to highlight something they clearly care a lot about.

The Wayne Brown comparison is purely meant to remind you and others that players are human beings too, with personal views and political compasses. And Wayne himself was stupid enough to mouth off in the dressing room about having political views that were completely incompatible with a multicultural squad, social group and society. And it basically ruined his career.

Even living north of the border as I do, it's easy to be detached from what's happening in the USA right now, and I'm sure it seems even stranger back home in the UK to see so many people worked up about it. Make no mistake - these George Floyd protests are SERIOUS sh*t. The USA hasn't seen anything close to this level of social unrest in decades - the LA riots are about the only thing that come close, and even they were mostly restricted to one city. This is happening nationwide. It's unprecedented.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Lol, that's not what I said at all - and I think it's still relevant to discuss in this thread since, yaknow, it's our own Wes Morgan leading this charge along with Deeney.

I'm saying that it's bleedin' obvious that there are a large number of BAME players in all sports leagues who support the BLM movement, and that it's surprising that we as fans could detach ourselves from the reality of that fact in order to justify the presence of players who wouldn't support Wes and co. in their drive to highlight something they clearly care a lot about.

The Wayne Brown comparison is purely meant to remind you and others that players are human beings too, with personal views and political compasses. And Wayne himself was stupid enough to mouth off in the dressing room about having political views that were completely incompatible with a multicultural squad, social group and society. And it basically ruined his career.

Even living north of the border as I do, it's easy to be detached from what's happening in the USA right now, and I'm sure it seems even stranger back home in the UK to see so many people worked up about it. Make no mistake - these George Floyd protests are SERIOUS sh*t. The USA hasn't seen anything close to this level of social unrest in decades - the LA riots are about the only thing that come close, and even they were mostly restricted to one city. This is happening nationwide. It's unprecedented.

I will make one more comment. The reality is that all the players will go along with thiswhatever they believe or it will ruin their career and seriously affect their life.

my point is though people should make these decisions of what they support for themselves, individually.

i have learnt a new word though......but the false syllogism is to equate BLM with the fight against racism

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You have a very weird sense of 'disgusting' in that case. The 2nd part is total conjecture, and thus irrelevant cant.

I wouldn't call it disgusting, but I do agree with his sentiment a bit. If all of this is required by the premier league then it loses a lot of its value, if you're made to take the knee it comes across a bit authoritarian 

21 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I wouldn't call it disgusting, but I do agree with his sentiment a bit. If all of this is required by the premier league then it loses a lot of its value, if you're made to take the knee it comes across a bit authoritarian 

Nobody, as far as I know, is being made to take the knee. That came out of his head, as far as I know.

Now, personally I think McLean is a crap square-headed p***k, but he can do what he likes during the national anthem. I have no problem with that, it's his right. 

I don't agree that people that do that are anti-whatever country. NFL players who kneel during the anthem aren't anti- American. 

Edited by The Bear

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The fight against racism isn't a political movement mate.

A player who isn't for equality and a world without racism, is a player I don't want in our club. 

Technically, BLM is a political movement if you look at where the money is going (looks like to the democrats in the US). 

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Technically, BLM is a political movement if you look at where the money is going (looks like to the democrats in the US). 

Sure I suppose... but getting the Republicans to run the campaign doesn’t really feel like it would be that productive in all fairness.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, January47 said:

I will make one more comment. The reality is that all the players will go along with thiswhatever they believe or it will ruin their career and seriously affect their life.

my point is though people should make these decisions of what they support for themselves, individually.

i have learnt a new word though......but the false syllogism is to equate BLM with the fight against racism

BLM's raison d'etre is the fight against racism so I'm not sure what you mean.

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I wouldn't know where to look to follow the money, where is it going?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

BLM's raison d'etre is the fight against racism so I'm not sure what you mean.

I wouldn't know where to look to follow the money, where is it going?

Well exactly what I wrote really using my new favourite word ie

if you support BLM then you are anti racist

but if you are anti racist you don’t necessarily support blm

20 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You have a very weird sense of 'disgusting' in that case. The 2nd part is total conjecture, and thus irrelevant cant.

Well I am not happy with football being politisiced. If you are happy for an extreme left wing/communist organisation to be using our club, good luck to you. 

I wonder if anyone would want EDL on the players shirts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, January47 said:

So if any player doesn’t support BLM or anybody else for that matter then they are racist

Ugh this is so fvcking annoying when people say this. It's a very insecure way of thinking. 

10 hours ago, January47 said:

Personally totally against it. Nothing to do with it being BLM. It’s a political issue so what does any player do if they don’t agree with it.

bit like the James mcclean issue with requiring him to wear a poppy.

This here is why people need to speak out. The comparison is just not relevant. One which we do as symbol of remembrance from a war. People have differences of opinion on this and that's political. The other is an effort to combat an unjust, biased, racism sector towards a particular person(s). This a humanitarian effort. These things shouldn't exist in any corner of the world. That's why when one particular group of people are suffering from this then everyone should support its movement to stop it happening. That's why yes ofcourse all lives matter but in this particular movement we talk about black lives matter and every single person who wants to eradicate this abhorrent behaviour of racism should support it and if you don't then really you have to question yourself as to why not. I'm not saying everyone should be out marching, but at the very least not being unsupportive of it! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Apologies if it’s been posted but has anyone got a fixtures wallpaper? With tv stations if possible 

Do you mean this....

Oops didn't the 'wallpaper' bit.

18 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Lost 3-0 at home and won 1-0 away. No idea who scored apart from Trezeguet got one for Villa. 

Luckily they are only friendly games but 3-0 defeat! Ouch!

Perhaps though it’s a good thing - get a wake up call now before next week. It’s got to be weird playing behind closed doors with no crowd. At least in preseason friendlies you get some kind of crowd. 

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Luckily they are only friendly games but 3-0 defeat! Ouch!

Perhaps though it’s a good thing - get a wake up call now before next week. It’s got to be weird playing behind closed doors with no crowd. At least in preseason friendlies you get some kind of crowd. 

From what I've seen on the highlights (linked on League to resume thread) and from reading that 11 was basically: 

Ward 

Hamza Morgan Fuchs Thomas

James Ndidi Praet

Kaputska Vardy Barnes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1