Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Luckily they are only friendly games but 3-0 defeat! Ouch!

Perhaps though it’s a good thing - get a wake up call now before next week. It’s got to be weird playing behind closed doors with no crowd. At least in preseason friendlies you get some kind of crowd. 

Worth mentioning it was referred by Mike Stowell and the linesmen were club staff too. I know whenever I’ve played games in those circumstances it’s difficult to get fully into it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

FFA1DA52-334F-4039-99EE-3BD5ECCC3266.jpeg

Oh get out of here Premier League! haha. I was talking to a mate about how it's weird Ricardo never seems to be linked with other teams. We decided that players are only linked when they appear at the top of random stats lists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Worth mentioning it was referred by Mike Stowell and the linesmen were club staff too. I know whenever I’ve played games in those circumstances it’s difficult to get fully into it 

Sack the lino for that Trezeguet goal. Their centre forward miles off :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The BLM is clearly a political movement though, first thing you see on the site is defund the police

So they're Tories? :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Then there's this of course

Race for the Golden Boot

Player Club Goals
Jamie Vardy LEI 19
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ARS 17
Sergio Aguero MCI 16
Mohamed Salah LIV 16
Danny Ings SOU 15
Sadio Mane LIV 14
Marcus Rashford MUN 14

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I would love 30 goals from Jamie Vardy 

30 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

If we want to stay top 4 I reckon he’ll need at least 7-8!

Yeah but how much is he going to play? 

I was worried about the season reset and the fact that how well we did in the real 19/20 was basically out the window. Then I was worried about Ricardo and his persisting injury. 

Then I saw the fixture list and realised its kinda a bit like a summer tournament now, lots of games in a short spell. That worried me the most. The wheels fell off at Christmas because we can't rotate the squad, we've got the least depth in the league if you look at the strength of our starting eleven relative to our replacements. 

This is going to be hard af. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but how much is he going to play? 

I was worried about the season reset and the fact that how well we did in the real 19/20 was basically out the window. Then I was worried about Ricardo and his persisting injury. 

Then I saw the fixture list and realised its kinda a bit like a summer tournament now, lots of games in a short spell. That worried me the most. The wheels fell off at Christmas because we can't rotate the squad, we've got the least depth in the league if you look at the strength of our starting eleven relative to our replacements. 

This is going to be hard af. 

It really is. We need to come out of the gate fast and hard... we lost loads of momentum in our final few games before lockdown...

And this mini-tournament as you rightly call it is more like a World Cup with teams fighting and defending for their lives...

I think Man U will be very strong indeed and likely displace Chelsea within a few games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

It really is. We need to come out of the gate fast and hard... we lost loads of momentum in our final few games before lockdown...

And this mini-tournament as you rightly call it is more like a World Cup with teams fighting and defending for their lives...

I think Man U will be very strong indeed and likely displace Chelsea within a few games.

United will be a real test of Ole. He's had weeks to work with them uninterrupted and if he's ever going to make it as a manager at that level, this is the time to turn it around.

Given he's an absolute bag of wank I'm not concerned. 

But yeah, if we come out and win two on the bounce straight away then I think we'll basically be safe. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

United will be a real test of Ole. He's had weeks to work with them uninterrupted and if he's ever going to make it as a manager at that level, this is the time to turn it around.

But yeah, if we come out and win two on the bounce straight away then I think we'll basically be safe. 

If he can make Rashford Fernandes and Pogba work - they will be a real force. 

First two on the bounce would be bloody lovely and will help with transfer decisions early.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Utd are the biggest danger I feel to our position. I think Ole is doing a reasonable job of turning the team from a bunch of over paid egotistical mercanieries into a young team with desire to win. It takes time. This time will be the acid test.

I do think Lampard is out of his depth, at Derby he couldn't even win the Championship, I am reckoning Chelsea could be pretty useless. Only other danger is Spurs under the special one.

If we can get back to our early season form we will be fine. 

• Like 2