Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

So does that now mean that all of Spurs players and staff have to isolate and be tested?

No, isolation is not required for anyone other than the player who tested positive. No one at spurs nor the other norwich players will have to. They'll all be tested again in a couple of days. 

No one else has to self-isolate (from Norwich or Spurs) because “close contact” (defined by Gov in advice for workplaces) is within 2m of positive case for 15+ mins. PL analysis found it wouldn’t happen in games + protocols devised to avoid it in training/dressing room/travel

Edited by FoyleFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but how much is he going to play? 

I was worried about the season reset and the fact that how well we did in the real 19/20 was basically out the window. Then I was worried about Ricardo and his persisting injury. 

Then I saw the fixture list and realised its kinda a bit like a summer tournament now, lots of games in a short spell. That worried me the most. The wheels fell off at Christmas because we can't rotate the squad, we've got the least depth in the league if you look at the strength of our starting eleven relative to our replacements. 

This is going to be hard af. 

He just won't train much, if you look at his past its not so much playing 3 games a week that ruins him, its him getting an injury and then when the games come thick and fast we try and play him when he ought to properly recover from his injury.

We have to hope he doesn't pick up a knock and I think he will be sound with playing a lot of games.

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I do think Lampard is out of his depth, at Derby he couldn't even win the Championship, I am reckoning Chelsea could be pretty useless. Only other danger is Spurs under the special one.

To be fair, we know, the championship is such a difficult league. You can be top forever then a quick run of say 3-4 results and that's your chance gone. Look at what happened with Sunderland or Leeds every year for the past decade. Tough, tough league. 

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

To be fair, we know, the championship is such a difficult league. You can be top forever then a quick run of say 3-4 results and that's your chance gone. Look at what happened with Sunderland or Leeds every year for the past decade. Tough, tough league. 

It is I agree but the Premier league is tough too. Look at big Nige, absolutely walked the Championship with us, struggled in the Premier League for 9 months 

Just not sure on Lampard but could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But yeah, if we come out and win two on the bounce straight away then I think we'll basically be safe. 

Oh, how the definition of "safe" has changed in a few short years.  :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Oh, how the definition of "safe" has changed in a few short years.  :D

At the start of the season I was hoping for a Europa League place, if that's the case now I'll be disappointed.

I recall in April/May of 15/16 saying how I'd be disappointed with 2nd or 3rd. And how ludicrious it would be to be disappointed with 2nd or 3rd in the PL.

7 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Utd are the biggest danger I feel to our position. I think Ole is doing a reasonable job of turning the team from a bunch of over paid egotistical mercanieries into a young team with desire to win. It takes time. This time will be the acid test.

I do think Lampard is out of his depth, at Derby he couldn't even win the Championship, I am reckoning Chelsea could be pretty useless. Only other danger is Spurs under the special one.

If we can get back to our early season form we will be fine. 

Did you expect Lampard to walk into Derby and win the league? Especially given all their recent off-field issues regarding money. If you seriously don’t rate somebody as a manager because he didn’t win the championship with that average derby side who’s best players were a few kids on loan from chelsea  then you need to give your head a wobble. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Did you expect Lampard to walk into Derby and win the league? Especially given all their recent off-field issues regarding money. If you seriously don’t rate somebody as a manager because he didn’t win the championship with that average derby side who’s best players were a few kids on loan from chelsea  then you need to give your head a wobble. 

Fair argument however is he really a top 4/6/7 manager already?

19 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He probably had a better budget than most of the championship. He should have done better than he did IMO. 

You need to give your head a wobble if you think that hes top 4 standard out of the box too. Im not convinced but we are all entitled to our views.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He probably had a better budget than most of the championship. He should have done better than he did IMO. 

You need to give your head a wobble if you think that hes top 4 standard out of the box too. Im not convinced but we are all entitled to our views.

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Fair argument however is he really a top 4/6/7 manager already?

Didn’t say anything about him being a top four manager. I’ll reserve my judgement on that one. However if he achieves CL qualification this season I would suggest that’s a great achievement. 

Not true about the derby budget too, they had to cut the wage bill dramatically whilst he was there.  

6 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

In all fairness to him they have been infiltrated by the ultra left  however it’s dressed up.

I don't want to get too political but ultra left are regimes like Stalin etc not a group who want equality and not be victimised by the police. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't want to get too political but ultra left are regimes like Stalin etc not a group who want equality and not be victimised by the police. 

The possible irony is that the left has likely been infiltrated by all sorts of spooks, but I digress...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Cant quite believe the season restart is two days away, seems surrealas opposed to months of talking about a restart.

It's underwhelming for me, can't get excited for it (bar the cup quarter final at a push). I'm sure once it kicks off with the World Cup style scheduling it'll be fun and I'll get into it but as it stands I couldn't be less bothered about football, it's odd.

• Like 2

Yeah it's a bit underwhelming to me too, thought I'd be more excited, I thought it would feel like the start of a new season but it's not. Maybe it's the lack of crowds? I'm an armchair fan anyway so not going to games isn't going to make a difference. It's just not football as we know it. 

I guess I got used to it being finished, and in my mind it should be a new season, transfer activity and summer football on my mind. Hopefully change when it starts, a few wins and I'm sure it will. 

I think its harder to get up for it as it's just not the same without the fans. That said, I watched the Barcelona game on Saturday night and actually didn't mind the fake crowd - I thought it was much better than the empty stadium. Probably wont work the same when you're watching your own team though.

Not too bothered about football not being on either. Good to watch a few TV shows instead. 

Even the GAA season being postponed here in Ireland hasn't been as bad as I thought.

Bundesliga was uninspiring as Bayern coasted to it once it began. Once leicester start on Saturday interest will return though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I think its harder to get up for it as it's just not the same without the fans. That said, I watched the Barcelona game on Saturday night and actually didn't mind the fake crowd - I thought it was much better than the empty stadium. Probably wont work the same when you're watching your own team though.

If they arent programmed to boo nacho when he’s having a bad day, then it’s not realistic enough for me. 

Edited by Lambert09

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If they arent programmed to boo nacho when he’s having a bad day, then it’s not realistic enough for me. 

Out of interest has Iheanacho had much stick in 2019/20? Since turning his career around what I've heard in the ground and on TV was encouragement and he is one of the few players our collective fans actually sing songs about (not always abuse haha)

Listening to 606 from the weekend; there's a Man City fan who is absolutely furious that they haven't started blooding young talent. With the money they spend, where will an inexperienced academy player step up? He seemed furious that they were loaning players out; then again he sounded like he was your classic few pence short of a pound kinda fan