Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He'll probably score now, but Joelinton must go down as one of the weirdest / worst transfers in the league's history, surely? £40 million for a striker that doesn't score.

“I spoke too soon!

Joelinton is in on goal, behind the Blades defence after a fine counter-attack.

He's wide left, Dean Henderson is out and it's not simple but...he kicks the floor and falls over.

Clown finishing.“

this pretty much sums him up

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

He'll probably score now, but Joelinton must go down as one of the weirdest / worst transfers in the league's history, surely? £40 million for a striker that doesn't score.

Quite unbelievable they spent so much money on him being their #9 when his past record has no suggestion of being clinical either. 

That 1 on 1 miss lol

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Last summer I remember most pundits I heard who covered European football couldn't believe they'd paid that much for him.

It's not just him missing chances, it's how he misses them. There is no conviction in his shooting at all.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Last summer I remember most pundits I heard who covered European football couldn't believe they'd paid that much for him.

It's not just him missing chances, it's how he misses them. There is no conviction in his shooting at all.

It was obvious from the stats alone, his best scoring season was 8 and that was in the Austrian league. Why they ever felt he was worth 40m and was PL quality I will never know. It seems he was signed because he was Brazilian and nothing more.

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's not even like he was succesful in a smaller league. 

He scored 1 in 4 in Austria, 1 in 4 in Germany and 1 in 4 in Brazil. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd have St Maximin here though. I reckon he'd frustrate the **** out of us but he's not boring. More of a laugh than Gray for probably the same amount of product. 

Yeah he's very much in the Gray / Sarr / last season's Traore bracket.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

The yellow in the first was harsh but deserved the second. 

Can see Sheff utd dropping town table now. 

You could really argue that the second yellow could have been a straight red anyway.... 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Yeah he's very much in the Gray / Sarr / last season's Traore bracket.

In end product maybe but he's a lot more entertaining than all of those. He's hilarious, proper Tino Asprilla sort. 

I actually think he's more dangerous than all of them as well tbh, as inconsistent as he is, I actually think he'd do alright in an upper mid table club. 

All piss taking aside, I think he'd get in our starting eleven over Perez if Rodgers could get him to calm down a bit.