Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Getting the ball saved him and probably no crowd giving the ref stick!

Perhaps all of these away wins might provide weight to the argument that ref's are influenced by home crowds. Be surprised if they weren't. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Cahill got the ball. Just unfortunate with the follow through.

20 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Imagine the uproar if that had have happened to one of the big clubs’ players.

I'm going to disagree, partly out of spite, and partly on behalf of King's ankle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Bournemouth are trash

Imagine trying to rely on Dominic Solanke to score you goals, they spent £19 million on him lol 

£40 million they've paid to Liverpool for Solanke, Ibe and Brad Smith it beggars belief.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Anyone know what it was that Guendouzi said/done that upset Maupay? 

Maupay was involved in the Leno injury

apparently ghendouzi was mouthy once arsenal went ahead 

he didn’t take kindly to maupay giving a bit back after he scored the winner .....

he should get a retrospective ban 

If villa win tomorrow, big if I know, we'll have pulled away from our immediate challengers and even better imo, we could be looking at Bournemouth and west ham going down. 

I know lots on here want villa down but I will be happier with those 2 pretenders, and it's always funny when little shit teams stay up 😂

• Like 1

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

If villa win tomorrow, big if I know, we'll have pulled away from our immediate challengers and even better imo, we could be looking at Bournemouth and west ham going down. 

I know lots on here want villa down but I will be happier with those 2 pretenders, and it's always funny when little shit teams stay up 😂

As much as I don't like Villa, they add a lot more to this league than West ham and Bournemouth.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bournemouth I think will struggle to come back if they go down, be interested to see if Howe stays on?

I think he will leave and honestly he probably should have gone at the end of last season. They have been gradually regressing year on year

Howe reminds me a bit of Curbishley at Charlton many years ago. Overall he has done a phenomenal job, but after a while without freshening things up, things get stale, complacency sets in and the rot starts to become apparent. Getting into and staying in the Premier League was a tremendous achievement but where they went wrong is not setting the club long term to stay there. Remember they came up the same season we did! But whilst we had hiccups ourselves, especially during our first season up, putting in a good analytical scouting team and long term academy investment kept us in good stead. We have signed some turkeys, but look at Bournemouth; Ibe, Solanke, Lerma, Mepham, etc, etc. These were all pretty expensive signings that have done nothing and only Ake really stands out as a great signing with maybe David Brooks too. Meanwhile they still have a tiny stadium and few prospects coming through. Compare that to us; signings for similar money include Maguire, Maddison, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo and we have Chilwell, Barnes and Choudhury in matchday squads. I know a lot of people will say we got lucky with our youth team prospects but I think that's being unfair because all of these players were loaned out to appropriate teams to gain experience and came back much better and able to make an impact.Plus the new training complex and hiring of Rodgers shows this was clearly part of a strategy determined a long time ago.

On top of this I think Howe is massively overrated, and I think most Premier League fans agree with that statement. It's not that he's a bad manager per se, but he has never really evolved his style or the Bournemouth team over the years. Again look at our club; many people would say it was brutal the way we got rid of Pearson and then Ranieri, but now 6 years after returning to the top flight we have a dynamic young team, play exciting attacking football, are on the cusp of the Champions League for the second time, have a world class training academy on the way, one of Europe's best coaches for developing young players and stadium improvements also in the offering. And that's why as we all know, we have the best owners in world football. Other clubs might have more money and more success but King Power took a club that was out of the top flight for 10 years and turned them into a force with long-term sustainability and brand value that is increasing every year. Bournemouth wasted their cash and haven't developed the club much outside of the main squad.

IMO Bournemouth should have let Howe go to Everton or got rid of him at the end of last season. They played the sentimental card and will pay the price for it. I was so upset with our owners when we binned Ranieri, even though it was clear we would go down with him in charge, but it was the correct decision, as was binning Shakespeare and then Puel (though his appointment remains probably the biggest question mark during the KP era). Will they come back? This is the worst possible season to get relegated IMO as finances will take a massive tumble. They will be forced to sell Ake and Brooks and whilst they have a lot of young players that might turn out to be very good in the Championship I think they will have to sell a lot of them to balance the books. History tells us that most teams that get relegated do not make an immediate return and I think it will be the same for them. Basically they needed a reboot last season and are now long overdue one.

Overall I feel a bit sorry for their fans though as it's a bit of a bleak picture for them. They have one positive to cling onto which is their owner pumped a lot of money into the club and may well keep doing so. But right now of the Yo-Yo clubs I feel that others are better setup than they are. Over the next 2-3 seasons I expect a few teams to bounce between the leagues; Leeds, Villa, Fulham, West Brom and Brentford. And currently I think all of those clubs have better things going for them than Bournemouth. We will have to wait and see though I guess!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think he will leave and honestly he probably should have gone at the end of last season. They have been gradually regressing year on year

Howe reminds me a bit of Curbishley at Charlton many years ago. Overall he has done a phenomenal job, but after a while without freshening things up, things get stale, complacency sets in and the rot starts to become apparent. Getting into and staying in the Premier League was a tremendous achievement but where they went wrong is not setting the club long term to stay there. Remember they came up the same season we did! But whilst we had hiccups ourselves, especially during our first season up, putting in a good analytical scouting team and long term academy investment kept us in good stead. We have signed some turkeys, but look at Bournemouth; Ibe, Solanke, Lerma, Mepham, etc, etc. These were all pretty expensive signings that have done nothing and only Ake really stands out as a great signing with maybe David Brooks too. Meanwhile they still have a tiny stadium and few prospects coming through. Compare that to us; signings for similar money include Maguire, Maddison, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Ricardo and we have Chilwell, Barnes and Choudhury in matchday squads. I know a lot of people will say we got lucky with our youth team prospects but I think that's being unfair because all of these players were loaned out to appropriate teams to gain experience and came back much better and able to make an impact.Plus the new training complex and hiring of Rodgers shows this was clearly part of a strategy determined a long time ago.

On top of this I think Howe is massively overrated, and I think most Premier League fans agree with that statement. It's not that he's a bad manager per se, but he has never really evolved his style or the Bournemouth team over the years. Again look at our club; many people would say it was brutal the way we got rid of Pearson and then Ranieri, but now 6 years after returning to the top flight we have a dynamic young team, play exciting attacking football, are on the cusp of the Champions League for the second time, have a world class training academy on the way, one of Europe's best coaches for developing young players and stadium improvements also in the offering. And that's why as we all know, we have the best owners in world football. Other clubs might have more money and more success but King Power took a club that was out of the top flight for 10 years and turned them into a force with long-term sustainability and brand value that is increasing every year. Bournemouth wasted their cash and haven't developed the club much outside of the main squad.

IMO Bournemouth should have let Howe go to Everton or got rid of him at the end of last season. They played the sentimental card and will pay the price for it. I was so upset with our owners when we binned Ranieri, even though it was clear we would go down with him in charge, but it was the correct decision, as was binning Shakespeare and then Puel (though his appointment remains probably the biggest question mark during the KP era). Will they come back? This is the worst possible season to get relegated IMO as finances will take a massive tumble. They will be forced to sell Ake and Brooks and whilst they have a lot of young players that might turn out to be very good in the Championship I think they will have to sell a lot of them to balance the books. History tells us that most teams that get relegated do not make an immediate return and I think it will be the same for them. Basically they needed a reboot last season and are now long overdue one.

Overall I feel a bit sorry for their fans though as it's a bit of a bleak picture for them. They have one positive to cling onto which is their owner pumped a lot of money into the club and may well keep doing so. But right now of the Yo-Yo clubs I feel that others are better setup than they are. Over the next 2-3 seasons I expect a few teams to bounce between the leagues; Leeds, Villa, Fulham, West Brom and Brentford. And currently I think all of those clubs have better things going for them than Bournemouth. We will have to wait and see though I guess!

Be interesting to see Howe he gets after he leaves Bournemouth, last he left them he went to Burnley and didn't exactly set the world a little and ended up him dropping a level to return to Bournemouth. Funny you mentioned Curbishley did a good at Charlton but his career never took off after that job. 

• Like 1