Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

agree on this howe for me looks like he has lost a spark, maybe his high pressing run first attitude has worn thin on a squard

whats that saying in football that if you hear the same voice eventually you stop listening to it, maybe with a group of players who came up through the leagues that has started to happen with him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twister said:

agree on this howe for me looks like he has lost a spark, maybe his high pressing run first attitude has worn thin on a squard

whats that saying in football that if you hear the same voice eventually you stop listening to it, maybe with a group of players who came up through the leagues that has started to happen with him

Didn't happen at Man U - sorry. The days of Shankly and Ferguson et al. are gone. It's a sad but good point.

Edited by trabuch

trabuch I think when you have a manager like alex ferguson or shankly its different, if your always winning then you will keep listening

a team fighting relegation year in year out then you might need a fresh voice at some point.

Just now, twister said:

trabuch I think when you have a manager like alex ferguson or shankly its different, if your always winning then you will keep listening

a team fighting relegation year in year out then you might need a fresh voice at some point.

That's true. Different size of club and different expectations though. I like small clubs doing well and Howe really has done well, and for him it could well be safer to stay (like Curbishly should have - (and Little ftm)

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Our sports science and fitness team are first class right now. We barely get any niggly injuries.

You've just jinxed your team!

6 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

And....we've come full circle....

WOW! The Apprentice's Karren Brady has had a glamorous transformation! -  CelebsNow

20200620_213933.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Don’t agree really mate. We only need to lose 3 games that they win and we are out. It’s obviously better to have the points on the table than easy fixtures but we could easily loose to united, spurs, arsenal, Everton. Without even playing that badly. 

Its not as easy as people are making it out to be. 

Agree except on one point -- we would have to play badly to lose to Arsenal.  After two games back, they look a lower mid table side to me.  Not sure about Arteta, and he has little to work with on the defensive side anyway, plus a squad-wide attitude problem.

We have done so much better to recruit solid human beings who are desperate to work and improve and play as a team; I am sure character is a big part of our due diligence ever since Pearson.  I'd love to have Pepe's and Guendouzi's talent in our side, but not in the form of those players.

Sure sign of decline -- who can even be bothered to hit AFTV after an ugly loss any more?  Stale comedy.

3 more wins from the last 8 and anyone below us needs over 2 points per game for the remainder of the season.

No one outside Liverpool have come close to doing that this season.

Hopefully 3 Points against Brighton will settle the nerves.

• Like 2

Anyone else think Arsenal could be in a little trouble, they have hit the 40 point mark, but, other than Norwich, who are capable on their day, I don’t think they are favourites in any games.

Their last 2 is Watford and Villa, who if it did come down to a scrap I’d back to beat Arsenal.

I don’t know if the bottom 3 will get near the 40 point mark, but I’d love them to make it an uncomfortable finish for the Gooners.

It’s actually shocking to see how far Arsenal have fallen. We need to beat them when we play in a few games time. 

I work it out that we need 5 wins from the remaining 8 to guarantee top four. However, that is based on Chelsea and another winning all 8 of their remaining games. Wolves are a genuine threat and United looked a lot better second half against Spurs. However, we can realistically reduce that 5 games to 4 - I think we can do this. I missed this Sunday morning worry!! 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bournemouth I think will struggle to come back if they go down, be interested to see if Howe stays on?

If Bournmouth go down and the Newcastle takeover goes through, it would be wise for the new owners to jump on the opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone else think Arsenal could be in a little trouble, they have hit the 40 point mark, but, other than Norwich, who are capable on their day, I don’t think they are favourites in any games.

Their last 2 is Watford and Villa, who if it did come down to a scrap I’d back to beat Arsenal.

I don’t know if the bottom 3 will get near the 40 point mark, but I’d love them to make it an uncomfortable finish for the Gooners.

Not a chance .....they made enough chances to win yesterday ..... they will get at least three wins from their remaining matches (they are guaranteed a win against us remeber).  You do know that they have lost the same number of games this season as we have? 

Two home wins would be lovely today then (Villa and Newcastle). Not arsed about who wins the Merseyside derby, we aren't gonna catch Liverpool ( lol ), so just hope it's an entertaining game.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think Chelsea will catch by the end of the season, probably after the last game or two which will be frustrating but 4th would still be a brilliant season. 

Anything could happen tbh - we need to start firing goals in and finding a way of leaving Vardy less isolated. Chelsea looked a bit like us before lockdown - dipping in form and not coming up with the goods. The three teams below that looked like they could do something still look like that and they are Wolves Sheffield and Manchester United.

If we can get more creative we can stay in the top four but until we do we are basically just playing a shit brand of Man City and Liverpool’s total football without the players to achieve it which means will continue to be found out.

So if Chelsea don’t win today, apart from wolves it is same as you go. 8 points clear still but with one less game to play. It is all well and good saying who has the better fixtures etc but realistically, assuming Man City ban is upheld can you see THREE teams getting at least THREE more wins than us out of eight? If we can pick up 12 points that leaves mufc having to win 7 out of 8 which ain’t gonna happen.

My worry is if we, wolves and Sheffield Utd finish third to fifth Eufa will overturn it because that will only leave Liverpool as a uk cash cow for them.

48 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So if Chelsea don’t win today, apart from wolves it is same as you go. 8 points clear still but with one less game to play. It is all well and good saying who has the better fixtures etc but realistically, assuming Man City ban is upheld can you see THREE teams getting at least THREE more wins than us out of eight? If we can pick up 12 points that leaves mufc having to win 7 out of 8 which ain’t gonna happen.

My worry is if we, wolves and Sheffield Utd finish third to fifth Eufa will overturn it because that will only leave Liverpool as a uk cash cow for them.

Ultimately it’s come down to five match days where we must equal the chasing packs results. If we better them, it ticks a game off 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Watford, Brighton, Hull or Charlton. Any of these 4 clubs fans could do something like this. Why has mankind strayed so far from the light:

More than six people by my reckoning, points deduction incoming 

• Haha 1