Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mmm, to me that's not racist.

However, just being a dickhead to someone in the street and being verbally abusive just because they play for a team that you don't support. Absolute dreg of society, someone that offers no value to this world.

Yeah, I've never liked Son either...

• Haha 1

I don't like Son but I wouldn't go up to him and ask for DVDs (or abuse him in the slightest). That's just wrong. Even more so when you then upload it to the internet. It's stereotyping.

There's nothing to defend here.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not sure about Burnley match. I want Wolves to have a good run and fight with Chelsea last match. Fully aware they are only 4 points behind. As long as Wolves and Sheff Utd finish in 6th and 7th behind us and in front of Spurs and Arsenal, I am happy.

No, we certainly could do with Burnley winning.

There's not enough time or form from us left to be wanting anything else. 

If Wolves win tonight it makes tomorrow even more of a MUST win that is already is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Before you all jump on the Burnley and Newcastle bandwagon for the next two and a half hours, can I just say I liked them both before it was cool? :knockyhat:

(Cough) (cough) rampant revisionism.  :ph34r:

**** off Jamie Carragher - "absolutely nobody in football wants it" (being able to name 9 subs.)

I bet he's one of the first to complain that young English players don't get opportunities at Premier League clubs these days. Why would you not want to be able to name a larger match day squad?

Tbqh, as a rugby fan I don't really get why you can't just name your whole 25 really. I mean why not? You can still only bring 3 on. 

Not a surprise it's took Man City 5 mins to score. How many they gonna get tonight?

Also it's so annoying going to a place like that a conceding a cheap free kick in a dangerous area.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I bet he's one of the first to complain that young English players don't get opportunities at Premier League clubs these days. Why would you not want to be able to name a larger match day squad?

Thats what extending it to 7 subs was for, and you still don't see the likes of Foden getting on until the 90th minute, but soon as Man City have nothing to play for then he starts to get some chances. Teams aren't willing to risk it no matter how many subs they can name. Look at us, we've utilised the extra subs to fill it with 4 central midfielders and 2 centre backs every week, not a single young player to be seen.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

**** off Jamie Carragher - "absolutely nobody in football wants it" (being able to name 9 subs.)

Tbqh, as a rugby fan I don't really get why you can't just name your whole 25 really. I mean why not? You can still only bring 3 on. 

I thought he had an issue with being able to use 5 substitutions not the naming of 9 subs. 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Thats what extending it to 7 subs was for, and you still don't see the likes of Foden getting on until the 90th minute, but soon as Man City have nothing to play for then he starts to get some chances. Teams aren't willing to risk it no matter how many subs they can name. Look at us, we've utilised the extra subs to fill it with 4 central midfielders and 2 centre backs every week, not a single young player to be seen.

Man City are an exception though because they've got world class to replace world class in every position.

If clubs like us could name twelve substitutes like you can in Serie A then way more of our academy players would get a chance on match days. You're comfortably a couple of goals up with twenty minutes to go, you give some first team exposure to a young left back or something, it's not going to drastically upset the integrity of your team.