Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

This end of season is more an endurance test playing every 3-4 days - it plays into the hands of the bigger, richer clubs.

Our lack of signings in January and Brendan’s one-eyed ness have not helped our case here either. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Said for a while that VAR and handball are a lottery. This is getting like umpire's call in cricket- the on field decision is usually upheld.

Usually I'd say Doherty has to be brave and stick his head in there if Wood is gonna connect with the ball. But he didn't get anywhere near the ball and Doherty has to put his arm up to protect himself. Its a very poor decision and should have gone the other way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Hate playing Burnley. Shithouse football for 90 mins and just awful to watch. They make it successful but by god its dire. 

Should have deservedly taken all three points. Should really have scored more and we were by far the better team. 

Getting screwed over by a shit handball decision..... We should be getting used to it by now. 

Sean Dyche hates football.

Cannot wait til he disappears from football. He is even more anti football than Allardyce.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Usually I'd say Doherty has to be brave and stick his head in there if Wood is gonna connect with the ball. But he didn't get anywhere near the ball and Doherty has to put his arm up to protect himself. Its a very poor decision and should have gone the other way. 

I agree for me wood was wild with the over head 

after the anfield call, and other calls against wolves nuno will feel the worlds against his side this season.

might make them motivated to try and win the europa league though somehow.

Just want 3 points tomorrow. We would all have taken 5th at the start of the season. Not saying it will be good to miss out on champs league but it will still be a good achievement this season conserving how bad we have been for months 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Does the golden boot go on assists after goals? Rather than minutes per goal?

If so Auba will need another 4 goals or 3 goals and 2 assists to knock Vardy off the top.

Salah would also need 4. I reckon one more goal would seal it for Vardy.

Pretty sure it’s just handed out jointly like it was last season

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Does the golden boot go on assists after goals? Rather than minutes per goal?

If so Auba will need another 4 goals or 3 goals and 2 assists to knock Vardy off the top.

Salah would also need 4. I reckon one more goal would seal it for Vardy.

Think Aubameyang, Salah and Mane shared it last season

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Pretty sure it’s just handed out jointly like it was last season

Just now, DerbyshireFox said:

Think Aubameyang, Salah and Mane shared it last season

Thanks to both.

I completely forgot it could be shared. In that case Vardys probably already won it (albeit jointly).

• Like 2

The more I see other teams drag themselves back into it....the more I'm cheesed off with our season. 

We won 8 in a row whilst everyone was being inconsistent...and slowly but surely that lead disappeared. 

Our recruitment, form since the turn of the year, attacking has all been sub standard. It's been a rotten 2020. 

We have a team that has never won a big game under this manager. That's mad. Even Norwich can say they have. 

Maybe this is just our true level ?

Just now, Eskay said:

The more I see other teams drag themselves back into it....the more I'm cheesed off with our season. 

We won 8 in a row whilst everyone was being inconsistent...and slowly but surely that lead disappeared. 

Our recruitment, form since the turn of the year, attacking has all been sub standard. It's been a rotten 2020. 

We have a team that has never won a big game under this manager. That's mad. Even Norwich can say they have. 

Maybe this is just our true level ?

Why can't the first half of the season be our true level? Or a balance between both?

Oh and shocking coverage from BBC too. More concerned with close ups and cutaways than following the action. They lingered on Tarkowski for 20s at one point while the game was going on. Dublin was awful on co-comms too, rabbiting on and never shutting the hell up.

• Like 2

Just now, The Bear said:

Oh and shocking coverage from BBC too. More concerned with close ups and cutaways than following the action. They lingered on Tarkowski for 20s at one point while the game was going on. Dublin was awful on co-comms too, rabbiting on and never shutting the hell up.

I don't think you'll ever qualify for CL, never mind even win the PL which your owners stated you wanted to do.