Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, nnickn said:

Tonight Liverpool, this seasons premier League champions, failed in their bid to better Leicester City's low total of only 3 defeats in the season achieved in their fairytale triumph of 2016.

Defeat for Liverpool in either of their 2 remaining matches would leave them, who some say are the best champions ever of the premier League, with a worse loss record than the most popular winners ever.

We did draw loads of games though. Liverpool were phenomenal before the lockdown and were on course to be the best side ever in terms of points. I think their momentum was halted during lockdown, and they've struggled to get back to normal ways. 

53 minutes ago, shailen said:

We did draw loads of games though. Liverpool were phenomenal before the lockdown and were on course to be the best side ever in terms of points. I think their momentum was halted during lockdown, and they've struggled to get back to normal ways. 

They just can’t be arsed. Won it too early so you can’t really blame them 

Not that we are playing sexy footy right now  but i hope Burnley are relegated directly to league two one day.  They play boring football well but as a fan how can any Burnley fan get pumped to watch absolute shite week in, week out.  I thought we had reasons to be "depressed" or whiners but I would rather drive off a cliff than support Burnley. More thrill in that 5 second drop than 10 years watching those tossers. 

The only difference between Burnley and Wolves are the quality of players. Wolves are genuinely one of the most turgid teams I've ever seen. Play for 0-0 and hope one of their quality players come up with a bit of a magic when they punt it up to the half way line.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The only difference between Burnley and Wolves are the quality of players. Wolves are genuinely one of the most turgid teams I've ever seen. Play for 0-0 and hope one of their quality players come up with a bit of a magic when they punt it up to the half way line.

Come on mate, they have their moments. I think they've just learnt that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It doesn't always flow.

That said there are somehow 7 Wolves fans at my bowls club down here near Maidstone (of only about 120 members).. None of those seven related.

There is also another Leicester fan and he's a right lemon

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Not that we are playing sexy footy right now  but i hope Burnley are relegated directly to league two one day.  They play boring football well but as a fan how can any Burnley fan get pumped to watch absolute shite week in, week out.  I thought we had reasons to be "depressed" or whiners but I would rather drive off a cliff than support Burnley. More thrill in that 5 second drop than 10 years watching those tossers. 

There's been plenty of people on here who have stated they don't care how we win games as long as we win them and I guess that can be said of staying in the PL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

You could say that about any two teams. 

Like you and Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

You could say that about any two teams. 

Like you and Bournemouth. 

You probably could to be fair, it's why the premier league is one of the worst to watch. Too many defensive boring mindsets in the game.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

You probably could to be fair, it's why the premier league is one of the worst to watch. Too many defensive boring mindsets in the game.

I wish we had a defensive boring mindset every now and again. Could have done with it when Bournemouth were putting 4 past us. 

Random point I didnt know where else to put about the drinks break and tbe fear they are putting the feelers out there with having them there permanently.

I dont think it will be implemented permanently as it could cause a bit of a safety issue in the stadiums (once fans are back) with loads trying to rush for a piss and back by the time the restart happens.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Random point I didnt know where else to put about the drinks break and tbe fear they are putting the feelers out there with having them there permanently.

I dont think it will be implemented permanently as it could cause a bit of a safety issue in the stadiums (once fans are back) with loads trying to rush for a piss and back by the time the restart happens.

Think I read a few days ago the drinks breaks were going to be scrapped at the end of this season.

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Thank **** for that. Thought you were going to regret all those missed chances.

Everton are useless ***** though.

You could beat Chelsea for us? :flowers: