Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Maybe this is just our true level ?

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Why can't the first half of the season be our true level? Or a balance between both?

I'm more concerned for next season if this is our 'true level'. Not being able to beat the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, Norwich suggests we have a bigger issue.

I'll take us losing the big games if we sweep a side the fodder.

Just now, Walkers said:

Why can't the first half of the season be our true level? Or a balance between both?

It's probably somewhere between the 2 and our league position will probably reflect that at the end of the season. 

I am dissatisfied that with small factors like hoarding of central midfielders pointlessly is going to kill a dream. 

Nobody should be happy with us getting played off the park by big sides every time ....it's not what the game is about. It reminds me of Everton under Moyes and Arsenal under Wenger in the latter years. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm more concerned for next season if this is our 'true level'. Not being able to beat the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, Brighton, Norwich suggests we have a bigger issue.

I'll take us losing the big games if we sweep a side the fodder.

Funny thing is we've beaten all of those teams this season bar Norwich. As Eskay says below our form against big teams (particular the better ones...) is poor so most of our wins must come against the fodder you mention there.

Wolves is sorta the other way around, pretty sure their record against everybody else isn't as good as ours but are able to pick up points regularly against big sides.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Oh and shocking coverage from BBC too. More concerned with close ups and cutaways than following the action. They lingered on Tarkowski for 20s at one point while the game was going on. Dublin was awful on co-comms too, rabbiting on and never shutting the hell up.

They've been guilty of this for years. I remember watching our game in the cup against spurs when we drew 2-2 and I noticed this. Constant, needless close ups when you can hear the crowd (or not today) enjoying some action. So frustrating.

Others like sky and BT are guilty of the overuse of replays cutting into action, but the close ups are ridiculous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm firmly a Leicester fan for your next two games. You'd better buck your ideas up after than Bournemouth debacle. 

What is the consensus about Ryan Bennett amongst Wolves fans. Im less than impressed so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Funny thing is we've beaten all of those teams this season bar Norwich. As Eskay says below our form against big teams (particular the better ones...) is poor so most of our wins must come against the fodder you mention there.

Wolves is sorta the other way around, pretty sure their record against everybody else isn't as good as ours but are able to pick up points regularly against big sides.

Yep and tbh let's me be clear on 2 things:

Our form hasn't just been poor against big teams or big games. We have been absolutely schooled in some of those games. There's no secret on here that I'm not Madison's biggest fan....but I grew up in an age watching Izzet and Lennon make up for lack of skill by physically not being bullied. 

The other factor with wolves to remember is that they played Europa too. Our squad/team should have gotten to at least the league cup final this year ...again bullied over 2 legs.  

The lack of desire to fight in order to win or achieve something is alarming me....because once you have it...its hard to lose it....ask spurs 

Edited by Eskay

Guest Fktf
38 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

It's hit his hand in an unnatural position. The handball rules are very clear now.

Defenders need to learn to keep their arms down. It's frustrating, but is the law of the game now.

Burnley had several chances before that, it was coming...

Agree with the statement about shite house football though.

Agreed. The referee and VAR got it spot on according to the laws. Shite laws, but what can they do.. that's the definition of handball we have this season.

Never a pen though, is it...

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Our new shirt is basically Arsenal’s from this season isn’t it? That collar isn’t appealing on players either

Just another template shirt. I wasn't expecting much more to be honest.

29 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Hope Liverpool win to keep us their chase for a 100pts or 102pts total going into the Chelsea game.

Let's face it, they just aren't arsed.