Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Had an argument with a mate the other day, think before the Norwich v Newcastle game on who'd get more goals this season, Pukki or Kean, I went with Pukki, 4-0 so far :D

Pukki I think will get 15+. Norwich will score a lot but concede loads as well.

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Had an argument with a mate the other day, think before the Norwich v Newcastle game on who'd get more goals this season, Pukki or Kean, I went with Pukki, 4-0 so far :D

Pukki I think will get 15+. Norwich will score a lot but concede loads as well.

Should have put money on it, Pukki has adapted really well to Premier League football. Kean May well, but I think he’ll take time to adapt. I would be surprised if he got 9 this season - Pukki could easily get 15. If he stays fit his goals will keep Norwich up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton must have probably the poorest value per money paid side in the league behind Manchester United. So many average nothingy players.

A caption on sky said that since 2016, Everton had spent £20m+ on a play 15 times. Where are they??

36 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

A caption on sky said that since 2016, Everton had spent £20m+ on a play 15 times. Where are they??

I make it 14

Bolasie

Schneiderlin 

Klasssen

Pickford

Keane

Sigurdsson 

Toson

Walcott

Richarlison

Mina

Gomes

Gbamin

Kean

Iwobi

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is rather a damming stat for them 

Interesting that an average nett spend of 60m over past three years puts you in fourth place ...... you would expect it to be higher  than that (suppose Chelsea’s ban and spurs non purchasing takes two of the big six out. 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What strikes me about Everton is that they always sign players on their way down. 

It's always everyone's cast offs. 

Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Walcott, Mina, Digne, Delph, they're always signing downwards. 

Meanwhile we're nearly always signing upwards, picking up upwardly mobile players whose stock will rise here. 

I get signing a few experienced pros from big clubs on their way down but as a whole transfer policy just getting everyone else's cast offs, it's never, ever going to produce success. 

In fairness Gomes is hardly a failed signing, he's a good option to have in the squad especially for only 20 million pounds. Iwobi and Kean look decent so far, and Mina and Digne were good signings too. The only real shitters there are Walcott and Delph imo, and Walcott was signed by Fat Sam in fairness to them. I don't think they're nearly as bad as you make them out to be under their new management.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting that an average nett spend of 60m over past three years puts you in fourth place ...... you would expect it to be higher  than that (suppose Chelsea’s ban and spurs non purchasing takes two of the big six out. 

The Top 6 teams don't need to spend as much to keep their status as we would to obtain theirs, because they already had a lot of Top quality players.

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The Top 6 teams don't need to spend as much to keep their status as we would to obtain theirs, because they already had a lot of Top quality players.

This is true and makes it all the more damning that Everton have spent so much money and barely seem to have improved their side at all. Martinez had lost the plot by the time he left but that side still had Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and a still relatively young Baines and Coleman.

29 minutes ago, ttfn said:

This is true and makes it all the more damning that Everton have spent so much money and barely seem to have improved their side at all. Martinez had lost the plot by the time he left but that side still had Lukaku, Barkley, Stones and a still relatively young Baines and Coleman.

Walsh ruined them. They've had much more bang for their buck ever since they appointed Brands.

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know fans might think the same when Lineker does an FA Cup match for us, but Humphrey really is going to be unbearable presenting Norwich vs Chelsea today on BT Sport isn't he?

I think lineker does it with a nod and a wink, humphrey is ****ing unbearable full stop