Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I think the 'is Marco Silva actually just a massive fraud?' question might be answered definitively this season.

Also, the 'is Jordan Pickford actually just a massive fraud?' question might also be answered.

Edited by Paddy.

Villa looked pretty decent I thought. It will still be a struggle to stay up, but it does appear that they have spent their money a lot better than Fulham. Wesley is like a mini Giroud in the way he holds it up and links the play with others. Some of the stuff they play is pleasing on the eye too.

Everton were very disappointing. The last two seasons they have been average at best and we should have finished above them but didn't. Hopefully we can put that right this season, though you can't judge much on just one match.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Don't see where Everton are getting their goals form.

They've proper ****ed up getting Kean imo, he's definitely got a lot of raw talent but they need an out and out goalscorer. Their most established striker is Calvert Lewin basically, idk if Tosun is still there but he aint gonna get in

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Silva is a massively overrated manager. The chap has never done anything of note in his career yet he get's better jobs. He'll be sacked by the start of next season and he'll probaby get the Barca job on the back of it.

Or bigger still.. Wolves? 

52 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I can't believe I actually saw Everton fans claiming Gomes is better than Tielemans. 

Each time I hear comparisons like this, it reminds me of that summer of 2015 and the Jordan Veretout transfer. And how "missing out" on him meant we'd have to make do with some random called N'Golo Kante that we signed for half the money.

Veretout: "Leicester offered more money for me I think. When I discussed it with the president, he allowed me to take this step because we get on very well and he understood what I was saying and why I wanted to move to Villa."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3239209/Paul-Pogba-gave-advice-signing-Aston-Villa-reveals-Jordan-Veretout.html

9 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Each time I hear comparisons like this, it reminds me of that summer of 2015 and the Jordan Veretout transfer. And how "missing out" on him meant we'd have to make do with some random called N'Golo Kante that we signed for half the money.

Veretout: "Leicester offered more money for me I think. When I discussed it with the president, he allowed me to take this step because we get on very well and he understood what I was saying and why I wanted to move to Villa."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3239209/Paul-Pogba-gave-advice-signing-Aston-Villa-reveals-Jordan-Veretout.html

That's right up there with the idiot record label boss who didn't sign the Beatles,  because he thought they weren't good enough. 

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Said he ‘needed to focus on the playing side’, I think he was probably advised by the club that it was a better idea for now  than him managing the side as well.

Working closely with the physio’s I believe. 

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

I don't think it was one or the other from Veretout or Kante considering that summer we lost Cambiasso and James was injured, and it was clear Kante was a big target given we were linked so heavily under Nige.

It's more likely we missed out on Veretout and ended up with Inler.