Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

In fairness Gomes is hardly a failed signing, he's a good option to have in the squad especially for only 20 million pounds. Iwobi and Kean look decent so far, and Mina and Digne were good signings too. The only real shitters there are Walcott and Delph imo, and Walcott was signed by Fat Sam in fairness to them. I don't think they're nearly as bad as you make them out to be under their new management.

I'm quoting you but really I could have quoted any of five or six people that responded to that post. So this is to all of you. 

I wasn't suggesting all of the players listed were crap. I agree, Digne and Gomes are handy signings.

I just think it's an interesting trend and also one that's probably not going to piece together, collectively, an upwardly mobile squad of confident, ambitious players. You're literally targeting people that have failed at clubs who are a level above you. Meanwhile we're signing players who have succeeded at levels below us and are, in their career, on the way up. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is Leicester Norwich on BT at all this year do we know yet? 

I can't wait to hear Sutton commentate on that if so. 

He's going to deny Rodgers exists. Won't mention him once I bet.