Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

tell you what from what i’ve seen we might be one of the very few teams who won’t concede 100 goals this season. has everyone completely given up on defending like? unbelievably bad across the board this season. 

59 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Then Emery claimed it was soft !

i know we all like to defend our own but that was stupid ! 

It was a very obvious penalty and its embarrassing to try and defend it.

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

tell you what from what i’ve seen we might be one of the very few teams who won’t concede 100 goals this season. has everyone completely given up on defending like? unbelievably bad across the board this season. 

Seems to somehow get even worse every year. We've looked relatively good at the back.

14 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Pulisic has been great so far. Key in both their goals.

Pulisic is the real deal.  I think Chelsea is a mid-table side this season but he's going to be a star, long-term.

The more you look at the table the more it looks like Europe is there for the taking.  It's Liverpool/MC, huge gap to Tottenham, gap to Arsenal, everybody else.  There are so many teams in the hopper from about 5-14 that it's impossible to guess how the table will look next spring, but I don't think a club like LCFC will ever have a better free run at Euro qualification.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Pulisic is the real deal.  I think Chelsea is a mid-table side this season but he's going to be a star, long-term.

The more you look at the table the more it looks like Europe is there for the taking.  It's Liverpool/MC, huge gap to Tottenham, gap to Arsenal, everybody else.  There are so many teams in the hopper from about 5-14 that it's impossible to guess how the table will look next spring, but I don't think a club like LCFC will ever have a better free run at Euro qualification.

My prediction is similar.

I have Manchester City top. Fair gap and then Liverpool and Spurs tight together.

After that it's very jumbled. Which is great and to me is the most interesting thing about this season. 

I think LCFC has a very good chance of finishing top 5.

There's a genuine lesson in the irony of this for Chelsea.

That their only money signing of this summer turns out to be significantly worse than their own youth prospect that's been on their books since he was a dot. 

Edited by Finnegan

Watford look in real trouble this season. Any team, no matter what their target would have looked at their first three fixtures and saw a opportunity to get a few points. Instead they have three defeats, conceding 7 and scoring 1. In all its something like 7 defeats on that bounce going back to last season and they haven't kept a clean sheet in 18. Look nailed on for the drop at the minute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Watford look in real trouble this season. Any team, no matter what their target would have looked at their first three fixtures and saw a opportunity to get a few points. Instead they have three defeats, conceding 7 and scoring 1. In all its something like 7 defeats on that bounce going back to last season and they haven't kept a clean sheet in 18. Look nailed on for the drop at the minute.

Excellent!.. 

Love to see them go. 

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Andone with one of the worst tackles I’ve ever seen in the Premier League!

I can see what he was trying to do. He's trying to get his body across Valery to ease him off the ball. He just executes it very badly. 

14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The alarm bells should have been ringing for Watford after the FA Cup final. As good as Man City are, that was a truly inept performance.

I just watched them on MOTD and wondering if that Cup Final hammering has really scarred them. 

• Like 1

That Ayew goal yesterday perfectly sums up Maguire; he’s great on the ball but very poor off it.

Amazed that none of the analysis has mentioned that he was closer to Johnny Evans at Bramall Lane than he was Lindeloff yesterday. If that’s another ‘top 6’ defender that gets picked up but he’s still the Man United messiah so it’s brushed over