Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Crazy stat:

Patrick van Aanholt has become only the second ever player to score a 90th minute winner vs Man Utd in the Premier League, after Thierry Henry with Arsenal in January 2007. Van Aanholt is the first to do so in a match at Old Trafford. Incredible

30 minutes ago, FIF said:

So we've eased ahead of Harry's United today.

I don't see them getting above us again this season.

Am I mad?

United are shite for a top 6 team but still have the talent to be above us. There is still a gulf between top 6 and the rest and i dont see it changing. Its early days yet and as much as i love to see united fail they will still be up there.

We do have a chance to make top 6 but we have to be perfect.

I'm a big VAR fan, big technology fan, I defend it a lot. 

But that was ****ing stupid. Why does it take them that long to work out Salah is throwing himself on the floor and there's obviously not a red card? 

Doesn't help the ref himself looks clueless. 

Why is VAR not picking up that Van Dijk is pulling Guendouzi back, and therefore stopping him from jumping on that Matip goal? Clear foul, and if it's going to be so picky on everything, should be ruling that out.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Probably because Sokratis was pulling Van Dijk back even more, I suppose there are times when u just have to go ‘oh well, both as bad as eachother’ and just get on with it. Because if he was marking Matip instead of pulling VVD he might have stopped the goal.

Yeah I've just seen it again, Guendouzi was actually being held down because Sokratis was pulling Van Dijk into him. So I was wrong.

But then it wouldn't have been the first time VAR has ignored a people wresting in the box,.