Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Tbf to Pukki he's their main goal threat and he's already got 4 to his name after a breakout season last year. Obviously he won't continue to net at an average of 2 goals per game, that would be ludicrous, but when you think he 'only' needs another 16 goals over 36 games then it's not entirely unreasonable to think he might get there given how many back him to get around 15 from 38.  And that's from a guy who spent all summer telling his Norwich mate to temper his expectations because it's no longer the Championship and even the great Vardy needed time to adapt.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf to Pukki he's their main goal threat and he's already got 4 to his name after a breakout season last year. Obviously he won't continue to net at an average of 2 goals per game, that would be ludicrous, but when you think he 'only' needs another 16 goals over 36 games then it's not entirely unreasonable to think he might get there given how many back him to get around 15 from 38.  And that's from a guy who spent all summer telling his Norwich mate to temper his expectations because it's no longer the Championship and even the great Vardy needed time to adapt.

He could quite easily go ten or eleven games without a goal as Norwich bomb to be honest. 

When your sample size is two games and one he got a hattrick against a ****ing awful side. 

Don't get me wrong, I like him and them. But who knows. 16 isn't really an "only" that's a lot of goals. 

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

Last week in our Europa League game, Cutrone won a penalty and immediately grabbed the ball and asked Neves (designated penalty taker) if he could have it. Neves let him and walked away, but Nuno shouted at them from the bench and made Neves take it. Which he scored. 

I think yesterday’s result showed how good our point was against you. You’ve got a good team with a manager who can really pick his tactics well. Appreciate you have europa league to contend with, which may have an effect on your squad around Christmas time but just like us, I think you’ll surprise a fair few again this season. Leicester and Wolves to upset proceedings this year. 

• Like 1

14s for pukki to score 20 or more goals at 365 if anyone actually think it’s got even a slight chance of happening. 

for me it’ll be a pretty similar situation to ulloa, didn’t he get 5 in 5 or something when we came up? then about 4 more in the next 4 months let alone games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He could quite easily go ten or eleven games without a goal as Norwich bomb to be honest. 

When your sample size is two games and one he got a hattrick against a ****ing awful side. 

Don't get me wrong, I like him and them. But who knows. 16 isn't really an "only" that's a lot of goals. 

He absolutely could go on a barren run, I'm just saying that if anyone fancies him for 15 over a season then 20's not too unreasonable either with the head start he's given himself.  And yeah, that's why I put the air quotes, it's still less than 20 though. :D

What impressed with Pukki is the way he scores. He had a lot to do for everyone of his goals, and his volley for the 1st goal was fantastic. If the likes of Sterling had scored that hatrick, Sky "pundits" would be spaffing all over the place. I reckon he'd get 16/36 as long as he doesn't get injured. 

What impressed me about Pukki is his movement and the runs he makes. They're very intelligent and I can see that alone meaning he will get around 15 even if Norwich sink like a stone. He might go through a spell of losing his touch but I reckon he'll get plenty of chances to overcome anything like that. Unless Farke has a real meltdown and goes ultr-defensive, which I can't see. 

It's great kick it out and Twitter are meeting with Man Utd to discuss the racist abuse of Pogba.

But, why has it taken a big name player for them to meet with a team (publicly at least). Surely this should have been done when Tammy was abused in the super cup, or the Reading and Fulham players in the last few weeks?  

I praise the want for change, but there should be the same response for it all, not just taking notice when Pogba is targeted

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

kick it out are a bunch of bums

They promised, for years now, they'll try and get rid of the people doing the abuse; but yet there's appears to be a sharp rise in racial abuse incidents.

Perhaps they need investigated for their own practices/or need of a revamp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

A lot of which they do is unspoken - think it’s very poor to call them that 

That's probably the case, but maybe they could start doing more in the public eye? 

On 22/08/2019 at 13:11, HighPeakFox said:

It's difficult to fault Kick It Out, when society is emboldening the hateful to say what they like under the guise of 'I'm entitled to my opinion'. 

It is difficult to fault them, but I think they could be doing more. Then again they may well be doing a lot more, a lot of unspoken work as mentioned above. But i really think if they started making their approaches and appeals in the public domain they'd get a lot more success.

Start publicly hounding social media sites such as Twitter, they'd easily get huge support from the clubs impact 

I feel with the abuse increasing, they should change their plans and start to publicise more.

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That's probably the case, but maybe they could start doing more in the public eye? 

I've seen them equally criticised for being too outspoken. When they do their annual 'kick it out', you find idiots say 'they are ramming it down our throats' 

To a softer example of their work, they pre-advised QPR on a youth trip that playing in the South of Spain they were likely to incur issues. Which happened and the advice that Kick It Out passed on was used. These talks behind closed doors will be happening week after week. They can only control what they have access too, 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I've seen them equally criticised for being too outspoken. When they do their annual 'kick it out', you find idiots say 'they are ramming it down our throats' 

To a softer example of their work, they pre-advised QPR on a youth trip that playing in the South of Spain they were likely to incur issues. Which happened and the advice that Kick It Out passed on was used. These talks behind closed doors will be happening week after week. They can only control what they have access too, 

Sadly you aren't wrong with your first point.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to see them rise to the 'challenge' of increasing abuse seen. I think a new policy or plan needs to be used. 

The softer example of yours is a great thing, but such a sad realisation having to warn players of it. 

For me, Twitter needs to do so much more. They need to draw a hard line on these issues and stop letting people get away with it. 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Fraser Forster gone back to Celtic, his careers really dropped off in the last 2 seasons.

Had done well to get his way in the England set up but his stocks gone down dramatically, England are short of good goalies at the minute. 

He did his knee around 2015 and never looked the same, a shame because he was a decent keeper when at the time Joe Hart was still embarrassing England at every opportunity.

Pope's started the season with Burnley again so potentially he could get back into the England team. Looked good a year ago when playing regularly. Henderson at Sheff United worth keeping an eye on too.