Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Can't wait for the Abraham love in, when he's basically done what he did all of last year, scored goals against a the same Championship players. I'll wait until he's bagging against established premier league teams on a regualr basis before going mad.

Sutton with the classic cliche "He has got to be stronger there" 

You can win worlds strongest man, if Giroud is barrelling into you from a running start, whilst you are in mid air, it's going to have an impact. 

Edited by martyn

Sutton saying Krul has to be stronger there. Giroud heads the ball out of his hands. Doesn't matter how strong you are, when someone runs and jumps into you and strikes the ball with their head in the process, it's going to be very hard to hold onto.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm quoting you but really I could have quoted any of five or six people that responded to that post. So this is to all of you. 

I wasn't suggesting all of the players listed were crap. I agree, Digne and Gomes are handy signings.

I just think it's an interesting trend and also one that's probably not going to piece together, collectively, an upwardly mobile squad of confident, ambitious players. You're literally targeting people that have failed at clubs who are a level above you. Meanwhile we're signing players who have succeeded at levels below us and are, in their career, on the way up. 

That's fair enough. I think there's more than one way to skin a cat, personally, but you're probably also right about player confidence and ambition for some of them. Although on a case by case basis, you could argue against that for some players (for example, Kean looking for gametime when he's behind Ronaldo and maybe even Dybala at the centre forward slot).