Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Great for David Martin to make his premier league debut at 33 for the club his dad played so many games for, and getting clean sheet, but reading the stuff after the game I thought he'd been the hero. Judging by the highlights, and what little he did he looked like a outfield player stuck between the sticks. Flapping at everything, dropping easy catches, pushing the ball back in danger. I don't hold much hope for West Ham if its him or Roberto for the foreseeable future. Clean sheet today was more luck than anything else.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just watched the Liverpool Brighton game ..  one of the best performances I’ve seen by Dunk ..  could do worse as a back up centre half for us ..  

Not for the 40+ mil reported last summer.:mad:

I honestly think Liverpool will drop a few points soon but the question is whether we can continue our run.

Part of me worries we will drop points at home vs some dogshit like Watford or Norwich and that will hand it to Pool.

We need to stay strong in this run and hope they at least draw a game before we play them. If we’re 6 behind then the pressure will be slightly on them.

I think the problem will be that they have got such a big points tally already they will get at least 90 points. I can’t see us getting more than 70-80 range(still a great season!).

its very unlikely but top 4 would be an unbelievable achievement and if we can slam at least 10 out the next 12 points we can cement a good lead over the rest!

Am sure am not the only one who think the BBC's Chief Football Writer, Paul McNulty, is very poor at times on their football website?

Most of his articles often try and force managers out of jobs (there's one at the top about Watford's manager 'set' to get the sack) and other often disrespectfully-written reports.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Am sure am not the only one who think the BBC's Chief Football Writer, Paul McNulty, is very poor at times on their football website?

Most of his articles often try and force managers out of jobs (there's one at the top about Watford's manager 'set' to get the sack) and other often disrespectfully-written reports.

The one about Flores isn't an opinion piece, he's writing that from reports coming out the club.

13 hours ago, TK95 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/phil-jones-rejected-man-utd-20974997

Phil Jones rejected Man Utd testimonial over fears 'nobody would turn up'

Phil Jones has always come across as a decent, down to earth guy to me. He might not have been as good as but if Utd are stupid enough to give him contract renewals for big wages then I guess thats the club's problem, I'd do the same.

• Like 1

I quite like Phil Jones. I saw a hilarious compilation of his defending recently, including his various 'front crawls'.

I do enjoy his realism though and lack of airs and graces. He seems to accept his limitations and always gives his all. He didn't offer himself the big contracts or the England caps and he'd be a fool not to accept them.

Refreshingly self-aware and one of not many premier league footballers who I reckon you could have a decent beer and chat with.

This is the cue for news stories next week about drink driving, adultery, burning £50 notes or something like that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I quite like Phil Jones. I saw a hilarious compilation of his defending recently, including his various 'front crawls'.

I do enjoy his realism though and lack of airs and graces. He seems to accept his limitations and always gives his all. He didn't offer himself the big contracts or the England caps and he'd be a fool not to accept them.

Refreshingly self-aware and one of not many premier league footballers who I reckon you could have a decent beer and chat with.

This is the cue for news stories next week about drink driving, adultery, burning £50 notes or something like that.

Seems to me to be the type who goes for a drink of bitter wearing a flat cap, sitting in a small pub by himself with the odd local jokingly shouting at him, "still shit Phil?" and him muttering quietly, yeah haha.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yeah as you say it isn't his fault. Astonishing that's he's managed to stay at a club like Manchester United for this many years though 

I felt the same sort of way about Michael Carrick who was either being raved about or slagged off; I felt he was quite down to earth and talked some sense and always rated him in an under-stated sort of way. You don't get too many of these characters at United, but I liked Carrick.

Think a night out with say Phil Jones, Michael Carrick, Steve Guppy and Marc Albrighton and any one of us would manage to be the life of the party. Wonder if any of them would put their hands in the pocket to cover it all?

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I felt the same sort of way about Michael Carrick who was either being raved about or slagged off; I felt he was quite down to earth and talked some sense and always rated him in an under-stated sort of way. You don't get too many of these characters at United, but I liked Carrick.

Think a night out with say Phil Jones, Michael Carrick, Steve Guppy and Marc Albrighton and any one of us would manage to be the life of the party. Wonder if any of them would put their hands in the pocket to cover it all?

I can just imagine Vards spiking Albrighton's drink lol