Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

So it's said that Everton will approach Ancelotti take over as the Toffees new boss. Well credit to them... showing a bit of ambition, Arsenal don't seem to be in hurry to go for him. I sadly feel Everton though will be unsuccessful, think he's mentioned before he'd only manage in England again if it was at a London club. 

11 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

So it's said that Everton will approach Ancelotti take over as the Toffees new boss. Well credit to them... showing a bit of ambition, Arsenal don't seem to be in hurry to go for him. I sadly feel Everton though will be unsuccessful, think he's mentioned before he'd only manage in England again if it was at a London club. 

Ancelotti has agreed in principle to take over as Everton boss? 

22 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Why sadly???? Im  hoping it’s unsuccessful tbf

• Like 3

Plenty of rumours that usmanov has been involved with the ancelotti deal ...... always been assumed he was behind his man moshiri but seems clear now .... we need to make sure we get CL next season and recruit well enough to qualify 20/21 .... the top half of the table is going to get ever more busy !!!

Could someone please explain to me the attraction of Mikel Arteta as manager, beyond people thinking he's going to be Pep Mk II, just because he happened to have been his assistant. 

Just seems like another moronic decision by a big football club, taking gambles they didn't really need to make. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Could someone please explain to me the attraction of Mikel Arteta as manager, beyond people thinking he's going to be Pep Mk II, just because he happened to have been his assistant. 

Just seems like another moronic decision by a big football club, taking gambles they didn't really need to make. 

Kroenke(US owner) is the kiss of death. All problems need to be fixed from the top down. United 2.0.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He must be bloody good at selling his vision and what he'd do with the club. But the majority of the hype will come from Pep complementing him

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Its mental isn't it. No pedigree whatsoever so how does he get a job as big as Arsenal. They need to get back to being up there as an elite prem club but who can honestly see that happen through Arteta?

My Arsenal supporting mate has txt me saying he would genuinely rather have Pulis or Alardyce. 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

if he tries to get Arsenal playing like City - they could go down. They have a terrible squad, no leaders and now by the looks of things a Manager that is going to have no money to spend in Jan. They need a whole new defence.

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Its mental isn't it. No pedigree whatsoever so how does he get a job as big as Arsenal. They need to get back to being up there as an elite prem club but who can honestly see that happen through Arteta?

My Arsenal supporting mate has txt me saying he would genuinely rather have Pulis or Alardyce. 

We now have Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea managed by three managers whose career highlights include:

Not improving Derby

Getting sacked at Cardiff

Never managing a game in their life.

Thank christ OGS won something at Molde lol

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We now have Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea managed by three managers whose career highlights include:

Not improving Derby

Getting sacked at Cardiff

Never managing a game in their life.

Thank christ OGS won something at Molde lol

And Pundits are still trying to plug 'The Big 6' lol 

The 3 mentioned above will all struggle for Top 4 the next few seasons. It has blown the door wide open for others to make CL football. I can easily see us or Wolves snatch a top 4 spot not just this season but for seasons to come.

The longer it goes on then all this nonsense of ' if Man U come calling he's off' gets well and truly put in the bin.

There is a shift coming and the 'Big 6' will start to sound more and more ridiculous 

23 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

And Pundits are still trying to plug 'The Big 6' lol 

The 3 mentioned above will all struggle for Top 4 the next few seasons. It has blown the door wide open for others to make CL football. I can easily see us or Wolves snatch a top 4 spot not just this season but for seasons to come.

The longer it goes on then all this nonsense of ' if Man U come calling he's off' gets well and truly put in the bin.

There is a shift coming and the 'Big 6' will start to sound more and more ridiculous 

Agree with the bones of the point but Chelsea and/or Spurs will finish top 4 this season imo, particularly with both able to splash the cash in January you'd think.

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Agree with the bones of the point but Chelsea and/or Spurs will finish top 4 this season imo, particularly with both able to splash the cash in January you'd think.

What I mean is its not a given, the last few years the top 4 has been one of the 'Big 6'. Now though with the influx of inexperienced managers its left the door ajar for other clubs to jump in and mix it up.