Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Many many times, never got past the casting couch though. 

I’ve read some of the stuff you have written before- really impressed with the following excerpts from your works to rival Shakey (Will that is, not Craig):

- either side could have won the game

- it was a game of two halves

Edited by 49er

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

if they had won today it would be 14pts behind us, the same as Man Utd. They would still only be 1pt behind Tottenham and only a fool is completely writing off Man Utd and Tottenham of having no chance of catching us.

Arsenal losing today is probably the best result for us. 

I suppose I'm also basing it on form and their wretched defence but to use an analogy you have used yourself, even if Arsenal were to improve and play from now on as they did last year (5th place/70pts) they would end up with 61 points and if we did likewise (9th/52pts) we would end up with 68 points.  We are much better than last year.

On the same basis:

Chelsea 69pts

Spurs 65 pts

Man Utd 62pts

I think that realistically, the gap is too big to be hauled in as we near the half way mark, even if we only played at last year's level.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I suppose I'm also basing it on form and their wretched defence but to use an analogy you have used yourself, even if Arsenal were to improve and play from now on as they did last year (5th place/70pts) they would end up with 61 points and if we did likewise (9th/52pts) we would end up with 68 points.  We are much better than last year.

On the same basis:

Chelsea 69pts

Spurs 65 pts

Man Utd 62pts

I think that realistically, the gap is too big to be hauled in as we near the half way mark, even if we only played at last year's level.

Honestly if we keep playing as we have been and grinding results out; whether that be wins or draws, we stand in a great place to have European football next year.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

On the same basis:

Chelsea 69pts

Spurs 65 pts

Man Utd 62pts

I don't disagree but as far as the top four goes and before today's match there was more chance of Arsenal finishing top four than Man City finishing 5th or lower.

Hence why today was a good result for our top four ambitions. 

Edited by Gerard

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Classic, instead of taking blame and saying they weren't good enough, they blame the officials. 

It's a jump and the arm has gone into de gea, it's one where if the official gives a foul it isn't over turned, but same the other way as well.

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Classic, instead of taking blame and saying they weren't good enough, they blame the officials. 

It's a jump and the arm has gone into de gea, it's one where if the official gives a foul it isn't over turned, but same the other way as well.

That's what annoyed me about Gary Neville today, 10 mins into the 2nd half and he was still whining that De Gea didn't complain to the officials. Work out how to get back in the game rather that sulking about 'what ifs'.

12 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

That's what annoyed me about Gary Neville today, 10 mins into the 2nd half and he was still whining that De Gea didn't complain to the officials. Work out how to get back in the game rather that sulking about 'what ifs'.

Surely he should realise if the player supposedly fouled isn't complaining it suggests it isn't a foul? De gea in that situation let's DCL jump first and into his space rather than puffing his shoulders out and commanding his area. 

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Surely he should realise if the player supposedly fouled isn't complaining it suggests it isn't a foul? De gea in that situation let's DCL jump first and into his space rather than puffing his shoulders out and commanding his area. 

Exactly! Once the decision is confirmed there's no point droning on about it. The past few years I preferred him to Carragher but this season I have to say that Carragher is much better to listen to, it helps when your team has done brilliant but even on non Man Utd games Neville just goes on about Man Utd's problems, who they need to magically buy and become great again. You're sh*t now, get over it! lol

42 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That was a shit week. I hope next week is better for us.

We've had a lot of good weeks. So don't protest too much.:) The Football Gods will think us greedy. And that right before we face Everton (cup) Manchester City and Liverpool.

Saying a few prayers before I go to bed tonight.:sweating:

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We all said it about Maguire but we were by and large told how ridiculous we were for thinking Evans was better (after you know, actually watching them both for us). What do you know.

Their reasoning being that they too had watched Evans, and for longer than we had. Yeah, many years ago, while not at all considering the possibility that he had improved after he left them (like many others) :giggle:

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

Their reasoning being that they too had watched Evans, and for longer than we had. Yeah, many years ago, while not at all considering the possibility that he had improved after he left them (like many others) :giggle:

Tbf the vast majority of real United fans I know, not Americans and Chinese on the internet who've been fans for like two years having just discovered "soccer", are really big Evans fans. 

They're all fond of him and most have been mourning his loss for years having been stuck watching Jones, Smalling and Co. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Arteta seems to be the front runner for the Arsenal job, interesting choice if he's appointed

It'll be shame when the stress makes that amazing head of lego hair fall out.

• Haha 2