Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

No different to Emre is he? 

bizarre club, they need about 11 new players for starters

It's a brave move, at least Emery had experience in managing top teams and winning cups like with sevilla. 

Arteta has experience as an assistant, but we obviously don't know the amount of work he does to help Pep etc. 

But you're right they need a huge investment, 2 or 3 new starting defenders and new centre mids before you've even looked at problem players.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Their reasoning being that they too had watched Evans, and for longer than we had. Yeah, many years ago, while not at all considering the possibility that he had improved after he left them (like many others) :giggle:

But we had quite literally watched them both together, in the same team, and we had seen the records with the combination of any three of Evans, Maguire and Morgan - and it was actually Evans & Morgan that produced the best results.

I get it's not that simple and I'm not claiming Morgan is better than Maguire but the pair of games that really got me were the win at Burnley, followed by the win over Bournemouth. Maguire lost in the 4th minute at Burnley and we got on fine. Maguire suspended for subsequent Bournemouth game - won and a clean sheet.

He's a good player but he's really nothing special as a defender. Gets plaudits for basic stuff. He didn't even have that great a world cup either in my opinion. Lots of calls to drop him during the group stage. It's amazing how one goal can skew perceptions in hindsight.

I don't really have any ill feeling to the bloke but Leicester played a blinder right from the off on this one. I called it at the time and have been vindicated.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

But we had quite literally watched them both together, in the same team, and we had seen the records with the combination of any three of Evans, Maguire and Morgan - and it was actually Evans & Morgan that produced the best results.

I get it's not that simple and I'm not claiming Morgan is better than Maguire but the pair of games that really got me were the win at Burnley, followed by the win over Bournemouth. Maguire lost in the 4th minute at Burnley and we got on fine. Maguire suspended for subsequent Bournemouth game - won and a clean sheet.

He's a good player but he's really nothing special as a defender. Gets plaudits for basic stuff. He didn't even have that great a world cup either in my opinion. Lots of calls to drop him during the group stage. It's amazing how one goal can skew perceptions in hindsight.

I don't really have any ill feeling to the bloke but Leicester played a blinder right from the off on this one. I called it at the time and have been vindicated.

And don't forget the Wes back heel!

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's a weird one. A risk for both sides. Carlo rarely takes a lower or mid table team and builds something. He usually takes an upper top 6 side and spends to build. Admittedly Everton are spending to try to succeed, but it isn't and hasn't worked so far. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's a weird one. A risk for both sides. Carlo rarely takes a lower or mid table team and builds something. He usually takes an upper top 6 side and spends to build. Admittedly Everton are spending to try to succeed, but it isn't and hasn't worked so far. 

Has a feel similar to that when we appointed Sven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Has a feel similar to that when we appointed Sven.

Similar yeah, Carlo is just a few steps up from Sven. Carlo isn't someone you'd hire to build a team and push a style onto a team. Arteta is one you'd potentially punt on, if you're willing to give him time.  

19 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The people most desperate for the transfer were Sky Sports News.

Guest An Sionnach
14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Bit mental Everton are the ones getting Carlo and Arsenal are ending up with the Spanish cone putter

Just to say that Arteta is still probably good enough to play for Arsenal, they started to fail when he got injured. Never underestimate brain in a midfielder and he is a clever bloke.Actually Maddison is not so different.

Edited by An Sionnach

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Just to say that Arteta is still probably good enough to play for Arsenal, they started to fail when he got injured. Never underestimate brain in a midfielder and he is a clever bloke.

is he a big enough character to turn them around though I don't think so, like us with Rodgers and Jose with Spurs they need someone with a bit about them imo. 

Reached my post limit yesterday so couldn't mention how jammy Spurs were to win that game!

They spent most of the second half taking it in turns to hack Traore down (that's 21 different players booked for fouling him in his 24 appearances this season :blink:).

And Kane just did nothing but roll around whining in the ref's ear trying to officiate the game for him. ****. 

We should have seen out the game though, so our own fault really. Shame to lose our unbeaten run in a game we dominated. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Reached my post limit yesterday so couldn't mention how jammy Spurs were to win that game!

They spent most of the second half taking it in turns to hack Traore down (that's 21 different players booked for fouling him in his 24 appearances this season :blink:).

And Kane just did nothing but roll around whining in the ref's ear trying to officiate the game for him. ****. 

We should have seen out the game though, so our own fault really. Shame to lose our unbeaten run in a game we dominated. 

I'm glad MOTD2 showed several of the blatant fouls on Traore, one after the other. I thought they were going to comment on it later but they really didn't to my memory.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton are in danger of becoming the next Sunderland if they don’t get this right. I hope. 

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Everton are in danger of becoming the next Sunderland if they don’t get this right. I hope. 

Every Everton boss has come in, spent big to revamp the squad rather than building on whats already in place. They've spent loads of money on crap 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Ancelloti is genuinely interested in Everton they must be offering him a big wedge. Doesn't seem the sort of job he'd go for. 

His stock isn't that high, someone on here recently likened it to Rafa going to Newcastle and it's really difficult to argue otherwise.

It's a big roll of the dice from them, but is definitely a statement, it can't be argued otherwise.

• Like 1