Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Could someone please explain to me the attraction of Mikel Arteta as manager, beyond people thinking he's going to be Pep Mk II, just because he happened to have been his assistant. 

Just seems like another moronic decision by a big football club, taking gambles they didn't really need to make. 

He's another one in this odd current trend as Matt alluded to the other day about people knowing a club's DNA or whatever it is. And that clearly ignores the point that the current Arsenal caretaker manager spent far longer and was far more successful at that club than Arteta and he's not made a huge difference.

I suppose the attraction is the mystery of what he's like- we've nothing to judge it on.

23 hours ago, Babylon said:

Could someone please explain to me the attraction of Mikel Arteta as manager, beyond people thinking he's going to be Pep Mk II, just because he happened to have been his assistant. 

Just seems like another moronic decision by a big football club, taking gambles they didn't really need to make. 

He is ex arsenal, and worked under a world class manager, to be fair I think its worth a punt, Jose started as a translator for a world class manager e.g.

Also I expect he wouldn't have as much demands for wages and transfer budget as an established name.  Which for the Arsenal board is probably their preference.

Edited by Chrysalis

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ancelotti going to Everton makes so much sense on his behalf. He becomes 3rd highest paid manager on a 4 year deal. Lets say he lasts 18months, he has a huge pay out and can blame the situation or hierachy if things go badly. 

Say Everton to me and I just think of another club throwing endless amounts of cash into the woodchipper. And to think I believed money equals knowledge.

On 17/12/2019 at 12:46, Babylon said:

We now have Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea managed by three managers whose career highlights include:

Not improving Derby

Getting sacked at Cardiff

Never managing a game in their life.

Thank christ OGS won something at Molde lol

To be fair to Lampard, getting them one game away from the Premier League is an improvement on not getting the playoffs multiple years previously. It just so happens he was improving Chelsea at the same time by developing Mount and Tomori 🤣

8 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

To be fair to Lampard, getting them one game away from the Premier League is an improvement on not getting the playoffs multiple years previously. It just so happens he was improving Chelsea at the same time by developing Mount and Tomori 🤣

Finished 6th the year before and have been in the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons. Not really an improvement.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Then it's a bollocks article. They haven't spent nearly enough to get in any real trouble, the TV money makes sure of that. Unless they're paying their new signings £200k per week each. 

Villa fans don't seem too worried so I'd assume its probably some guesswork

There are teams I would normally like to see doing well like Newcastle, Sunderland and to a lesser extent the likes of Everton but since we were pretty decent at the minute, I hope of the bigger teams / sleeping giants are remain as shi te as possible as long as we're up there.