Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Ranked! Every Premier League team of the 2010s, by total points

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-premier-league-team-2010s-total-points-table-decade-man-city-man-utd-chelsea-liverpool

We all know that in the last decade, Manchester City won four Premier League titles, Chelsea won three, Manchester United (remember them?) won two and Leicester City – do not adjust your set – won one.

But who won the 2010-19 Premier League – which we at FourFourTwo have decided is A Thing?

That’s right: we crammed every single match played in the top flight into our Special Maths Machine™, donned our safety goggles, cranked the lever, then scanned at the reams of paper printing off and shouted “Great Scott!”

We're 14th

Below West Brom and Swansea are 2016 champions Leicester. However, if you work it out by points per game (which our Special Maths Machine™ also does), the Foxes find themselves in eighth, below only the decade’s mainstays. Impressively, by that measure,

2 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I almost feel bad for him. He's clearly *trying* to play out from the back and charge into midfield like he used to but Manchester Utd simply have no midfield to connect up to. So he's left aimlessly wandering out of the box with the ball at his feet like a child looking for his mum.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Ranked! Every Premier League team of the 2010s, by total points

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-every-premier-league-team-2010s-total-points-table-decade-man-city-man-utd-chelsea-liverpool

We all know that in the last decade, Manchester City won four Premier League titles, Chelsea won three, Manchester United (remember them?) won two and Leicester City – do not adjust your set – won one.

But who won the 2010-19 Premier League – which we at FourFourTwo have decided is A Thing?

That’s right: we crammed every single match played in the top flight into our Special Maths Machine™, donned our safety goggles, cranked the lever, then scanned at the reams of paper printing off and shouted “Great Scott!”

We're 14th

Below West Brom and Swansea are 2016 champions Leicester. However, if you work it out by points per game (which our Special Maths Machine™ also does), the Foxes find themselves in eighth, below only the decade’s mainstays. Impressively, by that measure,

Spurs only 5th? But, but i thought they won the league over those 3 straight seasons...oh wait, nevermind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

The ever excellent Kieran Maguire, whose Price of Football Podcast I fully recommend, highlighting again the ridiculous West Ham Stadium deal, which sees the company that owns the stadium make yet another horrendous loss...

If for whatever freak reason E20 LLP go bust, what happens to the ground? Assuming a different owner came in, would that massively unsettle West Ham staying there?

Completely agree about the ‘ruthlessness’ of this current Liverpool side. They must be an absolute nightmare to play against because they just do not stop for breath.

They grind you down with efficiency. Very few passes go astray. They go forward all the time.

Brilliant team

On 01/01/2020 at 12:24, Paddy. said:

Bit early for it to all be going tits up for Mourinho. He usually gives it at least a year before it all goes south. 

Is he condensing the Mourinho Three Year Cycle into a three month cycle?  Things move so fast these days.

But there’s no silverware on the table for them this month.  So they will miss out on the "win a trophy in year two" bit.

Spursy.

37 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I see drinkwater has had his loan cancelled and gone back to Chelsea. Surely half a season loan to the championship would be good for him to get him some kind of form

Apparently 'The 29-year-old has played only 59 minutes of Premier League action since arriving at Turf Moor in the summer.'

Bloody hell, didnt realise he had played that little. :S 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Apparently 'The 29-year-old has played only 59 minutes of Premier League action since arriving at Turf Moor in the summer.'

Thought you were gonna say for the last 2 years 😂😂im surprised its that much! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Solksjaer??

The league must be bad when a Manager can have home draws with Villa and Everton and lose to the then bottom of the table Watford in the same month and get a nomination!!

They did beat Man City and Tottenham. December is an odd one given you play up to seven matches depending on dates, so it is unlikely managers will have near to perfect records.

23 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Crazy isn’t it Not really worked out to well for him recently 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Crazy isn’t it Not really worked out to well for him recently 

Well chelsea got kante for nothing...

All jokes aside  what a fall that is. He needs a championship loan or watford stat. Maybe Pearson and shakey can help him

38 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Well chelsea got kante for nothing...

All jokes aside  what a fall that is. He needs a championship loan or watford stat. Maybe Pearson and shakey can help him

😂😂 taking drinky was payback for Kante.

i think championship would be good for him to see if he can get some sort of form.  

18 hours ago, Goober said:

Most ruthless, powerful side I've ever seen.

Pep's City at their peak were far better to watch and Pep's Barca are the best I've ever seen but these are brilliant in a different way. Powerful, quick and will outrun anyone. 2 CL finals in a row on top of their ridiculous domestic form and I wouldn't put it past them to make it to another one this season. They're bastards but fair play to Klopp, done an amazing job.

If Liverpool win the league they'll be better than the Manchester City 100 points team for me, considering they've won the Champions League (and got to another final). Manchester City were raved about, rightly so tbf, but they didn't do anything in Europe. 

Klopp has turned them from an average side into one of the best teams in the World.

4 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

Solksjaer??

The league must be bad when a Manager can have home draws with Villa and Everton and lose to the then bottom of the table Watford in the same month and get a nomination!!

Off the back of beating Tottenham and Manchester City and stuffing Newcastle I suppose. No chance he should win it though. Give it big Nige, I’m sure Klopp has plenty already!

22 hours ago, browniefox said:

Mcmanaman just said Liverpool look really fresh considering all the games they've played. I'm sure they've had more rest than most, just had to travel.

I really should let the hate I have for the Liverpool bumming, go. 

They’ve played two more games than us in the last 5 weeks, so I don’t know how you make out more rest than most. 

You are not alone though, lots of people on this site have taken on this weird hatred of Liverpool just as they did with Spurs 4 years ago. It’s a bit odd. 

Edited by lildave3
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Drinky has returned to Chelsea after an unsuccessful loan spell at Burnley. Don't think there's any chance of him breaking into the Chelsea squad anytime soon.

Lots of talk about him going to Villa to replace McGinn