Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Lots of talk about him going to Villa to replace McGinn

Heard someone mention him going to villa today while I was at work. Not sure it would work out for him their but would be interesting to see if he can cut it in the Prem still 

1 hour ago, lildave3 said:

They’ve played two more games than us in the last 5 weeks, so I don’t know how you make out more rest than most. 

You are not alone though, lots of people on this site have taken on this weird hatred of Liverpool just as they did with Spurs 4 years ago. It’s a bit odd. 

It’s really not - I don’t dislike the players at all - just the fan base - all of it! 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s really not - I don’t dislike the players at all - just the fan base - all of it! 

Yep, that's it exactly. The media love-in is sickening. Anfield was like a library last night but the commentators still big it up as if no where else is worthy. This is not a new thing to coincide with their upturn in fortunes. I'm been harbouring this dislike since a certain semi final at Villa Park in '74 and a brush with some of those loveable Scousers outside. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Yep, that's it exactly. The media love-in is sickening. Anfield was like a library last night but the commentators still big it up as if no where else is worthy. This is not a new thing to coincide with their upturn in fortunes. I'm been harbouring this dislike since a certain semi final at Villa Park in '74 and a brush with some of those loveable Scousers outside. 

Yes there were some total morons about after the match.

29 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I've seen that Gary Lineker just retweeted this. Genuinely fascinating!

I love these! Somebody put one on LinkedIn the other week of the all time highest paid sports stars and it blew my mind. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

All clubs listed are in the North/Midlands, none in London/South .....until Arsenal in late 30s, Spurs in 80s & Chelsea in 90s.

Now 10 out of 20 in the PL are in London/South, if you include Norwich.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lildave3 said:

They’ve played two more games than us in the last 5 weeks, so I don’t know how you make out more rest than most. 

You are not alone though, lots of people on this site have taken on this weird hatred of Liverpool just as they did with Spurs 4 years ago. It’s a bit odd. 

I don't hate Liverpool at all, I think they are a great side and should win the league easily. 

It's the bumming they get that I don't like. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

We are currently 25th - Championship play offs, which if you take our entire history is about right and shows what a great period we are in now.

full league table https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-english-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results%3famp

D96DA429-D4E6-4A91-9079-25376D7E592C.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Md9 said:

I see drinkwater has had his loan cancelled and gone back to Chelsea. Surely half a season loan to the championship would be good for him to get him some kind of form

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on loan to Watford till the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

We are currently 25th - Championship play offs, which if you take our entire history is about right and shows what a great period we are in now.

full league table https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-english-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results%3famp

Notts 34th and dropping rapidly!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Notts 34th and dropping rapidly!

If Norwich go down this season you may hang in there for a while, although it may be a while before you’re back up again.

How are things looking on and off the pitch now?

40 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If Norwich go down this season you may hang in there for a while, although it may be a while before you’re back up again.

How are things looking on and off the pitch now?

Been much better of late. Worked our way into a playoff spot and playing some decent football. Overall things are looking up, but as a Notts fan, one has to be cautiously reserved ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Notts County- A good example of what can befall a club after a generation or so ...  

12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I feel for the bloke. He backed himself to succeed and it's just gone so terribly wrong. 

Do you think?

Perhaps i'm just a cynical fucker but I think something dramatically changed in Drinkwater attitude, whether that be mental issues that he had struggles without of his control I don't know, but I question his desire to actually be a footballer and just interested in chasing the money - again similar to my Maguire comments - Who am I to judge.

Whilst he wasn't every going to get played for England I feel the way he handled the situations when he was called up for England badly, pulling out a few times, perhaps it was just unfortunate timing and I admit I held the opinion of 'Good on him for pulling out, he's not going to get a chance anyway'.

I believe his attitude changed, thought he was something, chased the money and become abit of a Champagne Charlie, as you say he perhaps backed himself to succeed but I think everyone knew he wouldn't play for Chelsea, everyone pretty much knew Chelsea signed him to get their quota of English players up and it wouldn't be/isn't any shocking surprise that it has gone so terribly wrong.

6 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Notts County- A good example of what can befall a club after a generation or so ...  

Most of those above and based of winning stuff pre 1950's and for most clubs now only the last 10 or 20 years are relevant, no point living in the past like Villa and Newcastle, we live in the now and over the next few years people will not be bothered what happened to teams in the last century.