Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It comes down to the same old thing again, inconsistency! That's what pisses fans off the most

This 1000x over. If decisions were consistent it wouldn't be as bad, like offsides are consistently scrutinised. But what's deemed a handball or foul changes from game to game or even during games. 

The PGMOL need to pull their finger out and take responsibility.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It comes down to the same old thing again, inconsistency! That's what pisses fans off the most

Yeah the rules are perhaps a bit too vague or badly set out in a couple of places but sometimes I feel like the refs (even with the VAR) are just making such bad judgement calls on a regular basis. 

Clear intent there from Maguire with his studs up and so many times this season VAR goes missing. Seems to intervene whenever it wants. 

Should also be used to overturn potential dive calls as we have just seen!

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wonder what odds are for Maguire to score the winner. Sometimes happens where a player that should obviously have been sent off doesn't, and then scores a winner.

Missed the first 10/15 minutes, what did he do that was red card worthy?

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Image result for pierre luigi collina

In front of a monitor or not, this guy would take no nonsense.

Why can't our referees be as good as he was?

geezer literally got paid off to fix a champions league game and retired straight after the game 

• Haha 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Out on the touchline, Batshuayi challenged him, he went over and put his right foot with studs into Batshuayi's groin area whilst Maguire was on the floor. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Tackled Batshuayi and slid towards the Chelsea dugout. He was on the floor and Batshuayi on his feet. Maguire seemed to kick out towards Batshuayi's groin with some intent. 

Absolutely useless. VAR should be spotting that.

Roy Keane has suggested it to be due to Maguire's personality, bloody joke.  

Officials should be shown big decisions like this and told the consistency is needed. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Out on the touchline, Batshuayi challenged him, he went over and put his right foot with studs into Batshuayi's groin area whilst Maguire was on the floor. 

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Tackled Batshuayi and slid towards the Chelsea dugout. He was on the floor and Batshuayi on his feet. Maguire seemed to kick out towards Batshuayi's groin with some intent. 

I thought there must have been something else happen because I thought that was completely innocuous to be honest. Looked like a reaction to thinking that he was going to have Batshuayi fall on top of him to me. I'd be gutted if a City player got sent off for that.

Can't believe the pundits cant see the difference between that and the Son one. Son clearly intended to hurt Rudiger, no chance Maguire has gone to do Batshuayi for me there.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I thought there must have been something else happen because I thought that was completely innocuous to be honest. Looked like a reaction to thinking that he was going to have Batshuayi fall on top of him to me. I'd be gutted if a City player got sent off for that.

Can't believe the pundits cant see the difference between that and the Son one. Son clearly intended to hurt Rudiger, no chance Maguire has gone to do Batshuayi for me there.

Think it's quite clear he moves his leg towards Batshuayi. Son's has more force but Maguire's still has enough force to be violent conduct.