Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

VAR is ridiculous

the first goal chelsea player was being fouled before the second foul

then for the second goal surley common sense should rule that he scored with his head not a toe.

The whole thing has made me not want to watch any premier league games outside of the obvious ones the lads play..

• Like 1

Man Utd scored two good goals but they were showered with good fortune from the officials.

Bit dodgy that the VAR footage of the Giroud disallowed goal did not show the moment the ball was released from the cross.

Maybe the prospect of no Manchester representation in next season’s Champions League is too much for the powers that be to stomach...

The offside is clear.  The disallowed goal and lack of a red card for Maguire (in light of the Son red card) are ridiculous.  The two wrong decisions aren’t VAR’s fault - it’s the incompetent ref on the pitch and sat behind the screen.

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Jeff Stelling is the same on Soccer Saturday, its boring as shit as he actually sounds like an idiot making general ramblings like 'VAR is rubbish', shame as I like the guy.

Oh God yes, every week he's complaining like an old man yelling at clouds.

As much as I don't like it, the offsides have been consistent, they aren't the issue.

Maguire should have been off and I would love them to explain that Zouma ruled out goal, is it not a foul if their own player caused the domino effect? Interesting scenario.

The race for 4th and 5th place is really going to get interesting, I'd not be surprised if a team or two really stepped it up and won 8-9 of the remaining games but then also because there's several teams fighting for it they hopefully should all take points off each other and negate the chance of making major in roads on us. 

We just have to get a few wins under our belt in the next few weeks, it's been too long and will give us a massive lift.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Maguire should have been off and I would love them to explain that Zouma ruled out goal, is it not a foul if their own player caused the domino effect? Interesting scenario.

The race for 4th and 5th place is really going to get interesting, I'd not be surprised if a team or two really stepped it up and won 8-9 of the remaining games but then also because there's several teams fighting for it they hopefully should all take points off each other and negate the chance of making major in roads on us. 

We just have to get a few wins under our belt in the next few weeks, it's been too long and will give us a massive lift.

Listening / watching on NBC and they think Maguire kicked out and the player was pushed and both were bad decisions. He was pushed!  

Just now, StanSP said:

Always find it weird when people think this kind of thing is bad.

Man Utd drew with Southampton away.

We beat them 9-0.

Man Utd drew with Arsenal at home.

We beat them 2-0.

Man Utd lost against Newcastle away.

We beat them 3-0.

Probably plenty more examples but basically a lot of results happen in the league and sometimes teams beat one team that another doesn't. Unless you're Liverpool lol .

It’s like saying .... a beat b by so if we beat a then we’re better than b ........ it’s not like that ! 

I don’t think that’s a bad result for us at all. 

Cant see Man U sustaining a run of victories. These games suit them but playing ‘lesser’ opposition doesn’t. 

Chelsea look broken and about to be swallowed by the pack. Spurs and Wolves for them next. Be good if they drew with Spurs 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Always find it weird when people think this kind of thing is bad.

Man Utd drew with Southampton away.

We beat them 9-0.

Man Utd drew with Arsenal at home.

We beat them 2-0.

Man Utd lost against Newcastle away.

We beat them 3-0.

Probably plenty more examples but basically a lot of results happen in the league and sometimes teams beat one team that another doesn't. Unless you're Liverpool lol .

Amen, its not boxing where you beat one opponent to be a champion it's a leauge with 380 matches each with wildly different outcomes.

• Like 1