Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

Why has McCormack still got a flat in Birmingham (I imagine this is where this happened?)? Why isn’t he at home with his wife and 2 kids? Why would he be hosting a cokey vodka party with Chilwell, Mount and Grealish? That seems like a very odd person to add in to the mix here. If it was just the three young lads then it would be more believable but the Ross Mc angle is sending me west. 

Apparently Ross McCormack was there as this is what Jamie O’Hara said on talksport

“no one has talked about Ross, who is a complete idiot for throwing a party during the lockdown and inviting Jack Grealish – just because your career has gone down the pan, now you’re going to bring Jack Grealish into it?

“So he’s an idiot, but also Jack should not be leaving his house.”

11 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Of course the first two teams looking to used the government initiative to pay furlough to staff are Newcastle and Spurs, the two most tight-arsed of owners. Without wishing to sound naive, all Premier League clubs have very wealthy owners and ridiculous amounts of income - it should not be the taxpayer footing their employees even in unforeseen circumstances like this

Honestly it sort of makes me feel sick reading things like this. Big clubs all around the world have taken pay cuts for their players allowing other staff to be fully paid and not put on furlough.

Yet in the Premier league, the richest league in the world, the owners aren't continuing to pay their non-playing staff full rate, leaning on the government whilst players are still earning full rates. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Apparently Ross McCormack was there as this is what Jamie O’Hara said on talksport

“no one has talked about Ross, who is a complete idiot for throwing a party during the lockdown and inviting Jack Grealish – just because your career has gone down the pan, now you’re going to bring Jack Grealish into it?

“So he’s an idiot, but also Jack should not be leaving his house.”

This is mental this. Has O’hara come up with any proof of this party happened? Or how he knew it was going on? Has anybody asked McCormack for a statement? It feels like people are just slinging random names about and coming up with their own stories in their heads. Harry Redknapp will have been doing the catering next, Jam Rollie Pollie, whilst Razor Ruddock was shagging Anneka Rice on the balcony with a fifty hanging out his snout. 

Im not having a go at you by the way Jammie it all just seems a bit weird to me this lol 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly it sort of makes me feel sick reading things like this. Big clubs all around the world have taken pay cuts for their players allowing other staff to be fully paid and not put on furlough.

Yet in the Premier league, the richest league in the world, the owners aren't continuing to pay their non-playing staff full rate, leaning on the government whilst players are still earning full rates. 

Yep, and it sets a dangerous precedent. If they qualify, then other teams will do it - then say you've got a worst case scenario of all 20 Premier League teams creaming millions from the government (which they DON'T need), and it'll all get settled by the general public having to pay it back in the long run. I really hope there are plans in place to stop this happening where businesses/owners can't prove that they can't cover the costs of these wages.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What happened to Tony Capaldi being involved? lol

Are people just chucking random names into this and seeing what sticks?

That’s another one that was reported, exactly! Why the **** would he have been there?! lol 

Edited by Manini

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yep, and it sets a dangerous precedent. If they qualify, then other teams will do it - then say you've got a worst case scenario of all 20 Premier League teams creaming millions from the government (which they DON'T need), and it'll all get settled by the general public having to pay it back in the long run. I really hope there are plans in place to stop this happening where businesses/owners can't prove that they can't cover the costs of these wages.

All it'll take is a few teams to take pay cuts to pay their non-playing staff fully to cause bad press for these. 

The ridiculous thing is if the team took a 20% cut, they'd easily pay for the non-playing staff. You'd lose faith as an employee, restarting work to see the millionaires who didn't take a pay cut for a few weeks to allow you and the other 'normal' people to continue to earn a living.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

That’s another one that was reported, exactly! Why the **** would he have been there?! lol 

Apparently he did the second beer run and also drove Liam Ridgewell and Olof Mellberg to the cashpoint to get money before the dealer turned up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Apparently he did the second beer run and also drove Liam Ridgewell and Olof Mellberg to the cashpoint to get money before the dealer turned up.

If you'd left it at Ridgewell I'd have believed you lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirminghamFox said:

Hope not for Chillwells sake!

02E64C9A-ADCD-4B65-88B4-04F89B3288C4.jpeg

lol What a load of bollocks!

I don't buy any of that "account" for a second - load of rubbish if you ask me.

Spurs and Newcastle are horrible greedy teams. I hope we don’t go down the same path asking non playing staff to take a cut. Ask the players I am sure they wouldn’t mind as a lot of them earn a fair chunk and everybody is in the same position over the world. Seen Barca players are taking a 70% cut and sure seen juventus players accepted no wages for 4 months 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Of course the first two teams looking to used the government initiative to pay furlough to staff are Newcastle and Spurs, the two most tight-arsed of owners. Without wishing to sound naive, all Premier League clubs have very wealthy owners and ridiculous amounts of income - it should not be the taxpayer footing their employees even in unforeseen circumstances like this

I remember reading someone once saying football is like the reverse Robin Hood- robbing the poor to pay the rich.

Very apt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manini said:

This is mental this. Has O’hara come up with any proof of this party happened? Or how he knew it was going on? Has anybody asked McCormack for a statement? It feels like people are just slinging random names about and coming up with their own stories in their heads. Harry Redknapp will have been doing the catering next, Jam Rollie Pollie, whilst Razor Ruddock was shagging Anneka Rice on the balcony with a fifty hanging out his snout. 

Im not having a go at you by the way Jammie it all just seems a bit weird to me this lol 

I assume Ross McCormack’s name is mentioned because he owns the flat the party was in although that doesn’t mean it was Ross who called Jack to invite him over 

37 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I assume Ross McCormack’s name is mentioned because he owns the flat the party was in although that doesn’t mean it was Ross who called Jack to invite him over 

I’ve since researched this a bit more and also found that out yeah. Incredibly strange set of circumstances 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

How do you know that these clubs don’t need it?Almost every club makes a loss.At the minute they have no income and face the prospect of pay-backs etc.They have been affected just as much as any other business.Now if the players want to chip in then that’s a different matter.

16 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

How do you know that these clubs don’t need it?Almost every club makes a loss.At the minute they have no income and face the prospect of pay-backs etc.They have been affected just as much as any other business.Now if the players want to chip in then that’s a different matter.

Almost all PL clubs make a profit ...........some like spurs make a huge profit ......